Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. 42, Lee Co. (Va.) 0
Final.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Harlan County beats another team with an astounding record!
Lee County, Va falls to 1-3 while the Cubbies keep on trucking like we've never seen a football team do before.
congrats to HC
Way to go Black Bears!!!!!...Congrads!:Wave:
The Black Bears get another expected win!!

Congrats Black Bears!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Congrats on the win!
Great job BLACK BEARS, so proud of you..:praise:
Good job Bears!!!!!!!!!!
Harlan County was without starting center Chase Calton tonight and moved some lineman around in his absence. HC was also without Tucker Lewis who is lost for the season with another knee injury. We are extremely banged up on the line....hope we can get well for next Friday....got a feeling we are going to need it.......
Congrats Black Bears!
Nice win Black Bears. Doing what you are supposed to do!

The jury is still out on Tucker!
zaga_fan Wrote:Harlan County beats another team with an astounding record!
Lee County, Va falls to 1-3 while the Cubbies keep on trucking like we've never seen a football team do before.

You have seen some Perry teams truck it before, well until they pull into the truckstop that everyone else calls the playoffs!
weakest schedule in the mountains, what a joke.keep bragging
Bear_Paw Wrote:Harlan County was without starting center Chase Calton tonight and moved some lineman around in his absence. HC was also without Tucker Lewis who is lost for the season with another knee injury. We are extremely banged up on the line....hope we can get well for next Friday....got a feeling we are going to need it.......

Good win for the black bears! i don't think they really needed him against lee va. harlans co's jv probably would beat those boys.
Congratulations HC!
9/16/2011
Harlan Co. 42 Lee Co. (Va.) 0

Lee Co. (Va.) 0 0 0 0 0
Harlan Co. 22 14 6 0 42
Scoring summary:
H--Safety, Treyvon Long tackled Dylan Anders in end zone; H--Marcus McMillian 42 run (kick failed); H--McMillian 19 pass from Jordy Brewer (Josh Jenkins kick); H--McMillian 2 run (Jenkins kick); H--Zach Chitwood 1 run (Jenkins kick); H--Jake Middleton 1 run (Jenkins kick); H--McMillian 45 run (kick failed).
Records:Harlan Co. 4-0, Lee Co. 1-3

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1YCy1fmPP
Why didnt Chase Calton play tonight? That would explain partly why the Bears didnt exactly blow a weak Lee team off the ball? The only bright spot I saw tonight was the passing of Jordy Brewer! The Bears didnt play the kind of football they are expected to play, that is what happens sometimes when you dont play anyone in 5 weeks that will test you? IMO they looked flat and uninspired, after playing decent football in the 1st half, they come out in the 2nd half and fumble away the kickoff deep in their territory, then fumble it away on their 1st possesion deep in their own territory. They just didnt look like a top 5 team in the State tonight??
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Why didnt Chase Calton play tonight? That would explain partly why the Bears didnt exactly blow a weak Lee team off the ball? The only bright spot I saw tonight was the passing of Jordy Brewer! The Bears didnt play the kind of football they are expected to play, that is what happens sometimes when you dont play anyone in 5 weeks that will test you? IMO they looked flat and uninspired, after playing decent football in the 1st half, they come out in the 2nd half and fumble away the kickoff deep in their territory, then fumble it away on their 1st possesion deep in their own territory. They just didnt look like a top 5 team in the State tonight??

That is what I have been saying since week 1, and everyone was getting shook up about it. You have to play better competition then what we have played in order to improve. You do not get better beating up on terrible teams. If anything, sometimes you take steps backward.

Let the Coach Larkey knows more than you or nobody will play us bashing begin.
Chase was out of town. He'll be back for next week. It didn't sound like Coach Larkey was too thrilled with the Bears performance from comments I've read online and in the paper. It seems strange to hear complaints after you beat a team 42-0. Could've been much worse. I still don't see what it profits to complain mid-season about the schedule. It was fixed a long time ago. But if that works for you, then have at it.

Congrats Black Bears! Time to get ready for Knox central. Keep working hard.

Massive crowd last night! Great to see all the community support and big thanks to ARH for hosting a fun event!
Patriot Wrote:You have seen some Perry teams truck it before, well until they pull into the truckstop that everyone else calls the playoffs!
I'd argue with you but you aren't saying anything false lol
I believe Chase was on a family vacation. Had some trouble with some snaps tonight. Just a medicore game, I asked a friend what kind of halftime speech do you give your team when you are up 26-0. The Bears were pretty pumped in the 1st quarter then once they started subbing a little they went into hibernation. We will finally put all of this schedule chatter behind us next week!
Patriot Wrote:You have seen some Perry teams truck it before, well until they pull into the truckstop that everyone else calls the playoffs!

oh, BURN.
Congrats HC.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd argue with you but you aren't saying anything false lol

You're no fun!
It seems there is a big decline in HC posters this year.
I could understand that if HC was down but this is the best team HC has fielded.
Wheres all the love HC poster, PCC is picking up 10 everyday on here.
I cant wait for PCC/HC week, especially if both teams are still undefeted.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It seems there is a big decline in HC posters this year.
I could understand that if HC was down but this is the best team HC has fielded.

I haven't posted as much this year because I don't want to lend my posts to all the negativity that has been thrown back and forth over HC's schedule.
It has a tendency to make me very angry, and I don't want to sound that way while trying to support HC's team.
I mean there was actually an entire thread DEDICATED to this schedule with lots of bantor and sarcastic remarks being made. How does anyone defend or support something which they have NO control over, but believe that it was done as well as could've been done at the time?
Posts like the ones from eagle8966 and BlackBearCuz do nothing but irritate and spark debates that never really settle anything.

So, congratulations to the Black Bears on their victory!!
Looking forward to next week's game.
Granny Bear Wrote:I haven't posted as much this year because I don't want to lend my posts to all the negativity that has been thrown back and forth over HC's schedule.
It has a tendency to make me very angry, and I don't want to sound that way while trying to support HC's team.
I mean there was actually an entire thread DEDICATED to this schedule with lots of bantor and sarcastic remarks being made. How does anyone defend or support something which they have NO control over, but believe that it was done as well as could've been done at the time?
Posts like the ones from eagle8966 and BlackBearCuz do nothing but irritate and spark debates that never really settle anything.

So, congratulations to the Black Bears on their victory!!
Looking forward to next week's game.

You cant pay any attention to that though.
That will happen. After all its a discussion site and well lets face it there more posters from are district on this site than any other district in the state.
If i was in your shoes, i would be asking what teams like PCC have done against Harlan Co. to warrant any remarks.
Time will tell, and at the end of that time, HC will be on top of this district.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It seems there is a big decline in HC posters this year.

Im same as granny bear its no fun when all you do is win and all everyone wants to say is look at the schedule. When at the beginning of the season everyone agreed that the schedule was tough.

If you don't believe check the link below, it so funny to see read what fans across the state said and now its like complete opposite.
http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...y+schedule

What happened to the same opinions in this thread?
Congrats to the all the Bears and Coaches! I can't wait for next week's game!