Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donnie Walsh out as Knicks president
Interesting bit of news out of New York this afternoon: Donnie Walsh is leaving his position as the New York Knicks President and General Manager. With four weeks left on his contract and negotiations at a standstill after Walsh asked for complete control over the team, Walsh and team owner James Dolan agreed to disagree, although he will stay on as a consultant next season. Most analysts agree that former team president and coach Isiah Thomas is the leading candidate for Walsh’s position. Dolan and Thomas have remained in close contact since his departure, and sources say that Dolan consults Thomas on most personnel decisions. Knicks fans have to be outraged; Walsh was well on his way to turning the team around and now? Well, fool me once…

While many things are uncertain about Walsh’s departure, one thing is for sure…we’re going to hear more and more rumors about Cal going to the Knicks, especially if Thomas turns them down. Remember that Peter Vecsey column from last week? Current coach Mike D’Antoni has one year left on his contract and is being heavily courted by the Toronto Raptors. I’m sure the fresh Canadian air sounds quite lovely to D’Antoni right now.

Forget Isiah and Cal; Shaq for Knicks president!

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=82921
Finally!
About time!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL