Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of ERA
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/Pictures/nba_g_duncan_bryant1_576.jpg[/IMG]

Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant has came to the end of the road, Sure Kobe will still score points because he's going to get his shots, but he won't be Kobe anymore.... The Legs just aren't there!!

Everyone knows I hate Kobe Bryant but what The Lakers and Spurs have done over the last 13 years, was great.

1999-2011

Spurs (Duncan)
Season Record 724-310 (.700)
Playoff Record 104-66 (.612)
Rings - 4
Finals MVP - 3
Season MVP - 2

Lakers (Kobe)
Season Record 675-359 (.652)
Playoff Record 121-68 (.640)
Rings - 5
Finals MVP - 2
Season MVP - 1
Yeah, both are done, but they packed the NBA for a while. Time for Lebron, DWade, KD, and Derrick Rose to take over.
Are the Pistons and Celtics the only teams to win a ring besides the Lakers and Spurs in the last 12 years?
^The Miami Heat got one ring
I knew I forgot someone, so they had 9 out of 13 rings.
99 - Spurs
00 - Lakers
01- Lakers
02- Lakers
03- Spurs
04 - Pistons
05 - Spurs
06- Heat
07 - Spurs
08- Celtics
09- Lakers
10- Lakers
WOW! Lakers went 6 years without a ring in that span. Kobe went 6 years of his prime, with no ring.
LWC Wrote:WOW! Lakers went 6 years without a ring in that span. Kobe went 6 years of his prime, with no ring.

Yeah that was when Kobe was shooting 30 and 40 shots a game.... Lakers didn't make playoffs in 2005, and was the 7 seed in 2006, and 8 seed in 2007....
Then went and got Pau....
LWC Wrote:WOW! Lakers went 6 years without a ring in that span. Kobe went 6 years of his prime, with no ring.

No ring.
But they were in the Finals twice in that span.
Lost to the Pistons and the Celtics.
zaga_fan Wrote:No ring.
But they were in the Finals twice in that span.
Lost to the Pistons and the Celtics.

Yeah, 04 lost to Pistons- Shaq's last year in LA
08 lost to Celtics - Pau's first year in LA.
Okay knowing they went twice makes it look better. So really, it is 11 appearances in 13 years for Spurs and Lakers, WOW!
Two of my favorite players from all of my days watching basketball. Duncan was much better than many will ever give him credit for, Kobe has always been surrounded by controversy but has been a ferocious competitor. It truly is the end of an era. The new guys, Durant, Howard, Paul, Rose, Williams, Westbrook, Griffin, and many others, this is their league now.
itzAmazing Wrote:Two of my favorite players from all of my days watching basketball. Duncan was much better than many will ever give him credit for, Kobe has always been surrounded by controversy but has been a ferocious competitor. It truly is the end of an era. The new guys, Durant, Howard, Paul, Rose, Williams, Westbrook, Griffin, and many others, this is their league now.

Sounds like a pretty good list of players to hand the NBA over to if you ask me. I love Kobe, he will always be my hands down favorite player of all time. But his years are numbered no doubt. No one can play forever. Id like to see Howard and a young PG come to LA and extend his years and help him achieve even more greatness and rings. As for Duncan, he could be one of the most fundamentally sound players to ever step on the court. Excellent run this year at one last ring, but that core is just too old.
Maybe with the Spurs declining they work something out to send young players and draft picks to San Antonio for Tony Parker and swap Bynum and Artest for Howard:
Imagine, (I don't want to):
Tony Parker
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard
I never realized how much these two have accomplished! These two will go down as one of the greatest at their positions and one of the greatest of all time.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I remember the 2005 Finals between the Pistons and Spurs, Tim Duncan absolutely DOMINATED that series.
ekff Wrote:Yeah that was when Kobe was shooting 30 and 40 shots a game.... Lakers didn't make playoffs in 2005, and was the 7 seed in 2006, and 8 seed in 2007....
Then went and got Pau....

No, that was when the second best player that started was Kwame Brown. Kobe had to shoot that much.
Like Ballers said in another thread, Kobe will continue to average 20+ in his chase to catch MJ on the scoring list, but he won't be near as dominate as he has been. Love him or hate him, you can't argue how great Kobe was in his prime. Most of the years in his prime he carried a team to the playoffs that had no business being there. Without him that team wouldn't have won 10 games. Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Sasha Vujacic started. Those guys have no business ever starting in an NBA game. The 05-06 season was Kobe's best scoring wise and one of the best in the modern era.
On December 20, 2005, Bryant scored 62 points in three quarters against the Dallas Mavericks. Entering the fourth quarter, Bryant had outscored the entire Mavericks team 62–61, the only time a player has done this through three quarters since the advent of the 24-second shot clock.
On January 22, 2006, Bryant scored a career-high 81 points in a victory against the Toronto Raptors. In addition to breaking the previous franchise record of 71 set by Elgin Baylor, Bryant's 81-point game was the second highest point total in NBA history, surpassed only by Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game in 1962. In that same month, Bryant also became the first player since 1964 to score 45 points or more in four consecutive games, joining Chamberlain and Baylor as the only players ever to do so. For the month of January, Bryant averaged 43.4 points per game,[86] the eighth highest single month scoring average in NBA history and highest for any player other than Chamberlain. By the end of the 2005–06 season, Bryant set Lakers single-season franchise records for most 40-point games (27) and most points scored (2,832). He won the league's scoring title for the first time, posting a scoring average of (35.4). Per Wiki.
Now that is complete dominance. Sadly well probably never see a player go on a scoring run like that again.
Aslan Wrote:No, that was when the second best player that started was Kwame Brown. Kobe had to shoot that much.

I didn't say anything, I know he had to shoot....