Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timmy Knipp Highlights
Found this on Youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90VXuPfNLh8"]YouTube- Timmy Knipp season Highlights 09-10 Part 1[/ame]

This kid is a stud, plain and simple. Best in this area for some time and still has another year to improve.

:worthy:
Nice video of a very talented player.
WOW, Timmy Knipp makes anyone who tries to guard him look stupid! With Elisha Justice graduating this year Timmy will be by far the best player in the Mountains next year!:1: It wouldn't surprise me if he won Mr. Basketball at the end of next season! He has all the moves, he is deadly from outside, and can drive to the basket on whoever he wants!
He is an amazing player, he makes everything look soo easy...Hopefully he could get Elliot in the state again, so I could watch him again.
Timmy is a great ball player.

It would be great for his resume to win a 16 regional title this season. He really is one of the fun players to watch in the state.

Timmy will be the best ball player east of I-75 next season.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Timmy is a great ball player.

It would be great for his resume to win a 16 regional title this season. He really is one of the fun players to watch in the state.

Timmy will be the best ball player east of I-75 next season.

Better than Stenzel and Zollo of GRC?
I would say yes, better than Stenzel and Zollo IMO. Neither have put up the numbers Knipp has.
Creeker Wrote:I would say yes, better than Stenzel and Zollo IMO. Neither have put up the numbers Knipp has.

Zollo and Stenzel wont put up the same numbers because of their team. They play on a very good team, and also share the ball with one another.

IMO Knipp is a better basketball player than eaither though. GRC would win if the two played, but Knipp would be the best player on the court.
^ agreed
leecoukfan Wrote:WOW, Timmy Knipp makes anyone who tries to guard him look stupid! With Elisha Justice graduating this year Timmy will be by far the best player in the Mountains next year!:1: It wouldn't surprise me if he won Mr. Basketball at the end of next season! He has all the moves, he is deadly from outside, and can drive to the basket on whoever he wants!

Knipp is an extremely talented player but look at the kids he's going against in the video. He's 3-4 inches taller than half the kids on the floor. I'd hope he can dominate against players that likely wouldn't see the floor in the 7th, 9th, or 11th region.

As far as Mr. Basketball, NO WAY Knipp wins it next year. Chane Behanan, George Fant, and Vinny Zollo are all three better big men than TK and from a talent standpoint, TK isn't even in the same breath as Behanan of Bowling Green. All three are also more efficient than TK when it comes to scoring.

Put him in the regions that I named and he is an above average player that averages maybe 15 ppg.

Creeker Wrote:I would say yes, better than Stenzel and Zollo IMO. Neither have put up the numbers Knipp has.

You're kidding right? Knipp puts up the numbers he does because he takes 20+ shots a game while also playing in one of the weakest regions in the state.

I've said it time and time again...put Knipp up against a kid his own size with the same athleticism and he struggles. Case in point: 10 points against Holmes last year in the sweet 16 semi's. Look at the numbers Barnhill has put up against him over the years as well.

The Iceboxx Wrote:Zollo and Stenzel wont put up the same numbers because of their team. They play on a very good team, and also share the ball with one another.

IMO Knipp is a better basketball player than eaither though. GRC would win if the two played, but Knipp would be the best player on the court.

Not to take away from TK but he might not even be top 3 on the court in a game against Clark Co, let alone the best player on the floor.

Jaylen Daniel, Travis Purvis, and Vinny Zollo would all three be a tough match up for Tim.

Timmy is a very talented player offensively but defensively he has a lot of work to do to be considered the best player in the state for his class.
^I agree with most of your assessment.

Timmy Knipp is a very gifted basketball player, but I don't think he could put up the stats he does against better competition and/or bigger teams. Plus, I'd say he probably shoots his arm off each game, because he's the best player Elliott County has and without him, EC is no more than a below average team.
Knipp obviously has talent. Haven't watched him enough to say how his game would translate to the college level...
I graduated, and coached at a 6th region school. Timmy would be a stud in the city. He would have more pub., and be challenged more often, and he would become a better ball player for it.

Lets say Timmy Knipp went to eh....lets say Butler high in shively, on the west end of Louisville. Who on what team in the 6th region would be better than Timmy Knipp. Somone from Valley High, DeSales, Western, PRP, Central, Holy Cross, Beth Haven, Brown, Bullit Central, North Bullit, Doss, Evangel Christian, or Southern. I cant see anyone from these schools

Now Donovon Gibbs from Iroquois is good, and would be a tough out for Knipp, Quintrel Morris can fill up the cup, but he is a guard. So who do you think in a typical city region would be better than Knipp. Dont let the Eastern Kentucky thing fool you. I have watched basketball all across the state, and for KY he is and elite talent. He would probably score around 20-25 ppg. in the 6th region this season.
Chane Behanan is handsdown MR BASKETBALL for Kentucky next season. He will be the highest rated recruit since Darius Miller , and Scotty Hopson went at for the award.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I graduated, and coached at a 6th region school. Timmy would be a stud in the city. He would have more pub., and be challenged more often, and he would become a better ball player for it.

Lets say Timmy Knipp went to eh....lets say Butler high in shively, on the west end of Louisville. Who on what team in the 6th region would be better than Timmy Knipp. Somone from Valley High, DeSales, Western, PRP, Central, Holy Cross, Beth Haven, Brown, Bullit Central, North Bullit, Doss, Evangel Christian, or Southern. I cant see anyone from these schools

Now Donovon Gibbs from Iroquois is good, and would be a tough out for Knipp, Quintrel Morris can fill up the cup, but he is a guard. So who do you think in a typical city region would be better than Knipp. Dont let the Eastern Kentucky thing fool you. I have watched basketball all across the state, and for KY he is and elite talent. He would probably score around 20-25 ppg. in the 6th region this season.

You're also talking about the 6th region. Louisville is known more for their guards than big men. But if he were playing in the 6th or 7th region, he'd likely get in foul trouble more often than not trying to defend a smaller, quicker player. I remember 6'4 Keisten Jones of Ballard giving TK A LOT of trouble last year and also throwing down a few dunks on the big guy because he was too quick and athletic for Timmy to defend. I think Gibbs, Morris/Stroud (Fairdale), Roush (Desales), and Patterson (if healthy for Central) would all give TK a tough match up as well in the 6th.

Now let's say Knipp played in the 9th where EVERY team has a solid big man. How do you see him matching up against the following front courts:

Holmes- 6'8 Elijah Pittman, 6'6 Kevon Rice, 6'5 Ricardo Johnson
Newcath- 6'8 Jake Geisler (D1 football prospect)
Conner- 6'7 Clay Robinson, 6'7 Tyler Hodges
Covcath- 6'6 Jake Thelen, 6'5 Trevor Wellbrock
Highlands- 6'6 Jack Stewart, 6'6 Tyler Grubbs, 6'5 Ben Watson
Ryle- 6'6 Bobby Stauffer, 6'6 Todd Vollet, 6'5 Clay Coleman
Boone Co- 6'6 Andy Earls, 6'5 Joey Lay, 6'5 Trevan Brown

IMO, Knipp would struggle mightily in the 9th. He is an elite talent, but he'd constantly be pushed around every night by the above players. I could see him getting very frustrated with the physical defense that's played in the 9th. Not only are those above guys big, but they're also athletic and physical.
kywldcat01 Wrote:You're kidding right? Knipp puts up the numbers he does because he takes 20+ shots a game while also playing in one of the weakest regions in the state.
I, personally, still think he is better than Stenzel and Zollo, but that is my opinion. Can he dominant them or the players you mention from the 9th... no, but he can play right with them all day in my opinion.
Creeker Wrote:I, personally, still think he is better than Stenzel and Zollo, but that is my opinion. Can he dominant them or the players you mention from the 9th... no, but he can play right with them all day in my opinion.

And I never said he couldn't. I agree with the bolded.

My point was, the reason he dominates is because of the region he plays in and the size of the kids he's going against. The size, quickness, and athleticism simply aren't there in the 16th region which is why Timmy plays so well.

Against the players/teams/regions that I mentioned, you'd still see him put up numbers, he just wouldn't do it in dominating fashion and you'd see him struggle more.

I hope we can atleast agree on that.
^ agreed. There are many examples similar to that of Knipp from this area IMO. Jackson Juleson/JR Vanhoose are a couple I can think of right off... around here they were dominate, but then again there wasn't anyone else their size to contend with them either.
kywldcat01 Wrote:And I never said he couldn't. I agree with the bolded.

My point was, the reason he dominates is because of the region he plays in and the size of the kids he's going against. The size, quickness, and athleticism simply aren't there in the 16th region which is why Timmy plays so well.

Against the players/teams/regions that I mentioned, you'd still see him put up numbers, he just wouldn't do it in dominating fashion and you'd see him struggle more.

I hope we can atleast agree on that.

I think you make some valid points. Perhaps a better way to gauge TK's effectiveness is by comparing his AAU stats to similar type players. I believe that TK played w/Derek Smith All-Stars this past season (very good team BTW). How were his overall stats over the summer?
If you dont believe that Timmy Knipp is a top 10 player in the state, you obviously havent watched him play. Timmy is the leading scorer in the state while shooting nearly 50 percent from the field, numbers any coach would take no matter how many shots per game he shoots. While he does play in the 16th region against weaker competition, nearly everytime he touches the ball he is doubled and sometime even tripled team, something players like Zollo or Stenzel rarely face due to having better players around them than Timmy does. He started on the best AAU team in the state, regardless of class, and was very productive, racking up 4 D1 offers and attracting the eye of many high major schools. He has led a very young team to a great year this year and has thrived in the role of 'being the man' and took on leadership responsibilites of one of the most inexperienced teams in the whole state. He single handly led Elliott Co. back to the region tourney this year with a 45pt, 9 reb, 10 blocks, and 10 steal performance against West Carter in the first round of the distict. As far as he defense goes, he is absoultely one of the best shot blockers in the state. Whether he will win Mr. Basketball or not is obviously still up in the air but he will be right up there for the honor. Elliott still has a shot to make it to Rupp this year and will return every key piece and will surely be the favorite again next year.
I don't think anyone is doubting him. We all know he is a D1 prospect, but stats don't mean everything, especially when you have to do it all for your team. Which in this case, Knipp does.

Next season the Mr. Basketball award is between Knipp and Behanan.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't think anyone is doubting him. We all know he is a D1 prospect, but stats don't mean everything, especially when you have to do it all for your team. Which in this case, Knipp does.

Next season the Mr. Basketball award is between Knipp and Behanan.

That makes his stats even that much more impressive. To have lead this team to an 18-6 record shows me that Timmy has accepted the challenge of leading an extreamly young team and that his teammates have worked hard in the offseason to better themselves. I'll predict you'll see Timmy back in the state tourney before he is done, if not this year then next.
welcometothejungle Wrote:That makes his stats even that much more impressive. To have lead this team to an 18-6 record shows me that Timmy has accepted the challenge of leading an extreamly young team and that his teammates have worked hard in the offseason to better themselves. I'll predict you'll see Timmy back in the state tourney before he is done, if not this year then next.

It would be even more impressive if he wasn't 6'7 or taller.

How many players in the 16th have a player legitimately over 6'5?

If I was Knipp's size and had the ability to slash to the basket and shoot, then I would tear it up too. But you would expect someone of his size and athleticism to post up more often. His stats show that he shoots way too many jump shots. To me, there is no point in a player 6'7 or taller shooting 7-8 three's a game when there is only a handful of players in your area who are as tall as you.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It would be even more impressive if he wasn't 6'7 or taller.

How many players in the 16th have a player legitimately over 6'5?

If I was Knipp's size and had the ability to slash to the basket and shoot, then I would tear it up too. But you would expect someone of his size and athleticism to post up more often. His stats show that he shoots way too many jump shots. To me, there is no point in a player 6'7 or taller shooting 7-8 three's a game when there is only a handful of players in your area who are as tall as you.

Why would any kid 6'7" that shoots the ball as well as Knipp does not exploit the outside shot? It looks to me that he's getting his game to the point he can play the 2 or 3 position at the next level. A player 6'7" in college is not an inside player at all unless you have about 265# on your frame. I think Knipp is working on his game for the future and rightly so.
I don't know why some people think because you're tall and athletic you need to play the post all the time.
kyrifle Wrote:Why would any kid 6'7" that shoots the ball as well as Knipp does not exploit the outside shot? It looks to me that he's getting his game to the point he can play the 2 or 3 position at the next level. A player 6'7" in college is not an inside player at all unless you have about 265# on your frame. I think Knipp is working on his game for the future and rightly so.
I don't know why some people think because you're tall and athletic you need to play the post all the time.
Couldn't have said it better myself. If you can shot the "jump shot" like Knipp can, why would you not??? If Knipp was 6'7" and 280+ or something and couldn't move like he can, yeah, I'd say post him up, but that is not the case. Knipp is as quick or quicker than many of the guards in this area and he IS 6'7". Sounds like some people need to go back and watch the highlight video... looks pretty effective at shooting the jump shoot from anywhere on the floor to me. Confusedhh:
:please:
If Knipp can lead Elliot to a regional title or even make it to the game, he will continue to get pub. Making it to state this season will do the same.
Does anyone know if he is getting looks from area schools like Eastern or Morehead. I love it when the mountain boys can pick up the schollys at a state school. I think that he would be a nice addition to even be on a team like Pikeville College. Good luck Timmy and I am looking forward to a great post season and next year for you.
i Think he has like 4 low mid major offers. Around Morehead and Easterns size schools.

I cant see him going to a school like Pikeville at all.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Knipp is an extremely talented player but look at the kids he's going against in the video. He's 3-4 inches taller than half the kids on the floor. I'd hope he can dominate against players that likely wouldn't see the floor in the 7th, 9th, or 11th region.

As far as Mr. Basketball, NO WAY Knipp wins it next year. Chane Behanan, George Fant, and Vinny Zollo are all three better big men than TK and from a talent standpoint, TK isn't even in the same breath as Behanan of Bowling Green. All three are also more efficient than TK when it comes to scoring.

Put him in the regions that I named and he is an above average player that averages maybe 15 ppg.
He would be fine in those regions! Yes, he might have to step up his game a little but I think he would have no problem doing that because he obviously doesn't have to try very hard to get the numbers he is getting right now. I think that a year in one of those regions would do him some good because he would really be able to show everyone how good he is putting up those kind of numbers against better players. That way whenever someone mentions something good about him people from central kentucky don't have to come on here and take away from his talents and achievements!