Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky overrated?
[ame="http://messageboard.theshiver.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7"]Jayhawk and Big 12 Basketball - The Shiver.com, Kansas Jayhawk and Big 12 Conference sports forums[/ame]
That's funny. I've thought Kansas has been overrated all year.
Really, how can anyone make a legitimate argument that either team is over-rated? The only thing close to an argument is their SOS RPI ratings and they're not really that bad. Currently, KU is 13th and UK is 53rd, but each has beat all teams placed in front of them except for UT and USC.

On a side note, 6 of the top 10 SOS RPT ratings are Big East teams. WOW
These kinds of threads are goofy and just make no sense. Why every week do we go over this same stuff over and over!
Stardust Wrote:These kinds of threads are goofy and just make no sense. Why every week do we go over this same stuff over and over!

agreed.
What a dumb question! I think UK is right where they should be in the rankings. KU is probly the #1 team right now, but UK is definitely a close #2.
MSU Eagle Wrote:What a dumb question! I think UK is right where they should be in the rankings. KU is probly the #1 team right now, but UK is definitely a close #2.

Agreed :rockon:
It was for u guys to follow the link and see what the kansas players are saying.
agreed polls are good where they are I wish Mississippi State was ranked
Miss St. has had a little bit of a lull to the season because the NCAA bullcrap with Sydney. I really think that they could have been a top 5 team with him. Anyways, UK is indeed the 2nd or 1st... And it really can not be questioned as others have mentioned.
MSU Eagle Wrote:What a dumb question! I think UK is right where they should be in the rankings. KU is probly the #1 team right now, but UK is definitely a close #2.

Despite their recent losses to UConn and Louisville, I think both Villanova and Syracuse may have something to say about the above that's bolded.

I know IFS don't matter, but if UK were playing in the Big East, I think they'd have more than just one loss right now.

Georgetown, Syracuse, and Villanova would all three create match up problems for UK...especially Georgetown and Syracuse. (Yes I know Georgetown just lost to Rutgers.)
kywldcat01 Wrote:Despite their recent losses to UConn and Louisville, I think both Villanova and Syracuse may have something to say about the above that's bolded.

I know IFS don't matter, but if UK were playing in the Big East, I think they'd have more than just one loss right now.

Georgetown, Syracuse, and Villanova would all three create match up problems for UK...especially Georgetown and Syracuse. (Yes I know Georgetown just lost to Rutgers.)

I agree. As we saw tonight, one of the teams that UK beat is one of these teams that can beat any of the elite anywhere. Uconn plays up to their competition for the big time games but can loss to anyone. I really do think that the Uconn win looks strong. They have so much talent not to pull these upsets. Kentucky would probably have 2 losses at this point in the Big East. But would finish in the top 5 in the country.
Stardust Wrote:These kinds of threads are goofy and just make no sense. Why every week do we go over this same stuff over and over!

I guess because evry week something changes in college basketball?
IMO we should just wait til march and see what happens.
only tournament time will tell us.
With Kentucky playing in the SEC it's hard to tell how good they really are. Not just this season but every season. The Big East, ACC, Big Ten, and Big XII are almost always so much better than the SEC, that it makes comparisons difficult to make.
I think every team in the top 25 is overrated! :popcorn:
Stardust Wrote:I think every team in the top 25 is overrated! :popcorn:

If they get beat they are..People realize when yo are a ranked team, all these teams that are unranked or ranked lower than the other come in with some sort of desire adn will to play there best and get the win! That is what is happening right now...UCONN was a must win over NOVA and Louisville for a good shot to get the MUST WON agaisnt syracuse...SC came in with fire in there eyes to take down top ranked Uk, thinkgs happen like this:****happe:ilikeit:
Wow...I was looking at their threads. Every other one is a thread about Kentucky or Coach Calipari. Lol Thats pretty bad when Kentucky shows up on their forums just about as much as Kansas does. ha ha. I even read in a thread that they wouldn't trade any players with us. The person who wrote it said that Kansas has better players at every position than we do. They must smoke some good stuff out there in Kansas....
crazyfan4 Wrote:Wow...I was looking at their threads. Every other one is a thread about Kentucky or Coach Calipari. Lol Thats pretty bad when Kentucky shows up on their forums just about as much as Kansas does. ha ha. I even read in a thread that they wouldn't trade any players with us. The person who wrote it said that Kansas has better players at every position than we do. They must smoke some good stuff out there in Kansas....

what positon do you all have better than they do?
theVILLE Wrote:what positon do you all have better than they do?

John Wall > Sheron Collins
DeMarcus Cousins > Cole Aldrich
Patrick Patterson > Marcus Morris
Eric Bledsoe > Brady Morningstar

Xavier Henry > Darius Miller/Darnell Dodson

That's completely unbiased analysis of watching all of these players play.
Kansas is overrated uk is right where they should be in rankings
We will find out tonight, when UK takes on a good State team on the road. We will see what these UK kids are made of tonight.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:John Wall > Sheron Collins

I personally thing KU could give the cats a whippin especially at kansas! Look at the expierence on that team
theVILLE Wrote:I personally thing KU could give the cats a whippin especially at kansas! Look at the expierence on that team

KU is sooooo overrated. UK would beat them 8/10 times imo.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:John Wall > Sheron Collins

I really do agree here.
We are the worst 25-1 ever! :flush:
As we can see through the conference play in the big 12 Kansas, the other elite team, has had close calls at a number of different venues: Colorado, Texas A&M, Kansas St. It just shows that the road is truly unforgiving.
Still if I would rank them after UKs win tonight.
1- UK
2- KU
3- Syracuse
4- Villanova

None of which are completely overrated and have the best shots to get #1 seed.
Aslan Wrote:KU is sooooo overrated. UK would beat them 8/10 times imo.

At Kansas?? I personally think it would be a great matchup
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I really do agree here.
We are the worst 25-1 ever! :flush:
As we can see through the conference play in the big 12 Kansas, the other elite team, has had close calls at a number of different venues: Colorado, Texas A&M, Kansas St. It just shows that the road is truly unforgiving.
Still if I would rank them after UKs win tonight.
1- UK
2- KU
3- Syracuse
4- Villanova

None of which are completely overrated and have the best shots to get #1 seed.

Dont count out the spartans and tom izzo! COme march they always step up!
Uk at Ku would probably be a loss. But would probably a close game, Experience levels are just so different. But would love to see this game, to see who is overrated and who isn't!
theVILLE Wrote:Dont count out the spartans and tom izzo! COme march they always step up!

Very true. :Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:At Kansas?? I personally think it would be a great matchup

On a neutral floor UK wins by 5-10 points imo.