Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central Open
i just saw on KHSAA.org that the Head Coaching Position is open. what happened to there other coach???
Got tired of having no paid assistants and no players come out to play. They just need to take down the goal posts and put up some soccer goals in Knott. Would have a whole lot more interest in that than football. Probably may have a little more support too.
rumor has it that there bringing in some coaches from eku
Come on, soccer...really! Thats a disgrace to replace that with football. Why are their assistants not getting paid?
Knott will not put any money into football. So they will have a hard time getting somebody to do it. Unless they find somebody new wanting to get into coaching. Which could be a good thing.
As usual people talking...but know not what they are talking about...KCC had 4 paid assistants this past season..:please:
I say, a young guy coaching at lcc would do good there is Tyler Puckett.
if you wanna know anything ask Killerb, if anyone will know whats going on in Knott County it will be him.
They will miss Joe Beader. He is a great coach and a fine person working with kids.
14thregionrules Wrote:rumor has it that there bringing in some coaches from eku

I doubt it..lol
Anyone know the status of KCC search for a coach?
Wall4president Wrote:Got tired of having no paid assistants and no players come out to play. They just need to take down the goal posts and put up some soccer goals in Knott. Would have a whole lot more interest in that than football. Probably may have a little more support too.

:biggrin:
In my heart of hearts, I don't believe that at all. I spoke to the AD at KCC briefly and I think they do want to have a football program and have success. Some schools just have different financial means. Many time what you see in one sport dominating in equipment, uniforms, etc. is from the parents and the community. So, my question would be does the community want a successful football program. I would think they do. Anything you do that brings success in athletics is going to build up school pride and that will flow over into academics. Just looks at the successfull football programs in the state and the majority of them have very good academic schools. Just my opinion.
i got told they have hired the staff now
14thregionrules Wrote:i got told they have hired the staff now

who are the staff members???
So, who did they hire as the Head Coach, if I may ask?
Wall4president Wrote:Got tired of having no paid assistants and no players come out to play. They just need to take down the goal posts and put up some soccer goals in Knott. Would have a whole lot more interest in that than football. Probably may have a little more support too.

:please:
I just saw above where they supposedly had a staff hired, so in my mind surely they would have a Head Coach. Honestly, I applied is the reason I am asking. Thought someone may know. Thanks
i got told that they hired breathitts head coach along with 2 guys from eku and 3 guys from someweres in ohio
^ Your telling me that Coach Holcomb left Breathitt County for Knott County?
I know EKU staff is pretty much still intact other than Al Holland. But I could see that coming, and he didn't go to coach high school, he is at Pikeville College.
Real Badman Wrote:^ Your telling me that Coach Holcomb left Breathitt County for Knott County?

thats what i got told by one of the students there
Strikeout King Wrote:who are the staff members???

the coach from breatthit along with 2 eku coaches and 3 guys from someweres in ohio
No way Holcomb will leave Breathitt County. He pretty much a GOD there.
go after david hensley from Dunbar
Any coach that accepts this job is building from the ground up.

There is talent in Knott County, but most these kids grow up and the only sport that they know of is basketball. That's about all that school cares about along with the rest of the county. Football is the secondary sport at Knott and will not be successful until more money is invested into the program so that they can actually get some actual coaches in there to run the feeder programs and potentially build a solid foundation at Knott County.

You cannot run through different middle school, freshman, JV, and varsity coaches and expect to have a winning season.
14thregionrules Wrote:the coach from breatthit along with 2 eku coaches and 3 guys from someweres in ohio

who gave you this info??
There is no way in the world that Holcom would leave Breathitt Co. for Knott County Central, no disrespect fellas, but that is comparable is i posted; Coach Haywood to East Ridge. That would baffle the football world.

Knott has talent, not great talent, but good enought to compete for .500 seasons.
Sorry, it's not true. I am actually one of the finalist, so final interview will be in the next couple of weeks is what I was told. Really didn't want to bring this out but to many rumors out there.
Good luck