Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 69 - North Laurel 56
North Laurel 9 15 17 15 56

Shelby Valley 21 19 19 10 69

North Laurel (9-15) -- Cheek 14, Likins 8, Wardrup 4, Spencer 6, Baker 5, Shearers 13, Jones 2, Creech 4.

Shelby Valley (20-3) -- Justice 15, Hatfield 19, Ta.Newsome 7, Ty.Newsome 16, Varney 6, Ramey 6.
Actually a closer game than I would have predicted. I heard Elisha get a couple of steals but actually have no idea how many he got, he has to be nearing the record, probably in the single digits now.
Score makes the game appear a lot closer than it was. Valley had the big first half and went through the motions in the second half.
A very uninspired effort by SV...
Valley keeps winning
Congrats Valley
Congrats shelby valley
5timechamp Wrote:Score makes the game appear a lot closer than it was. Valley had the big first half and went through the motions in the second half.

Unless SV played their subs most of the second half, this one doesn't look very good for SV after hearing what Trinity did last night at N Laurel.
loubballfan Wrote:Unless SV played their subs most of the second half, this one doesn't look very good for SV after hearing what Trinity did last night at N Laurel.

I agree, but I was there also. SV led by 16 at the half, and by as much as 22. They didn't sub mass subs until a little over 2 minutes left. NL didn't mass sub and hit a couple of free throws and 2 threes at the end. It definitely wasn't a great effort by SV. They missed many easy looks down low. I also wasn't very impressed with NL. They missed a lot of easy shots as well. Having said that, they would still be one of the better teams in this region.

I was thinking the same about the score of the SV/NL game after seeing what Trinity did to them, but then I saw that Trinity only beat Clay by 10 tonight and SV beat them by 18. Too hard to compare teams based on point spread. Trinity is the #1 team in the state also.
You know you're good when your wins are never good enough and get compared to the #1 team in the state's previous games.
Congrats SV!
As said in many of the other posts, Valley didnt play a very polished game tonight. They had many turnovers and the game never was really in question
well, a win is a win...keep it up valley!
Lil closer than I expected. Congrats SV
Congrats SV on win :Thumbs:
congrats to sv
You Louisville and Covington pol can not stand for a small school mountain team to receive any credit. I just hope sv goes to state, because they are the only team that can compete and we will see.

Trinity won by 10
SV won by 18
I saw North Laurel in the Lloyd Invitational back in December...Very surprised by this score.

A win is a win though.
EasyMoney Wrote:You Louisville and Covington pol can not stand for a small school mountain team to receive any credit. I just hope sv goes to state, because they are the only team that can compete and we will see.

Trinity won by 10
SV won by 18

Hunh?????
Let's try this again and leave the personal shots out of the thread. Send all the PM's you want. We are close to infractions!
Stardust Wrote:Let's try this again and leave the personal shots out of the thread. Send all the PM's you want. We are close to infractions!

There was nothing personal about my post, I was stating the TRUTH.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I saw North Laurel in the Lloyd Invitational back in December...Very surprised by this score.

A win is a win though.

of course you would be