Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top PG's in the state
For all the Elisha justice haters does this mean that KY high school basketball is that bad..the best PG in the state that most of you voted for elisha justice is not good enough to play d-1 ball..i saw in another thread that you all thought he woldnt play at louisville??
Jarrod Polson of West Jessamine is the best true point guard.
hooperman Wrote:Jarrod Polson of West Jessamine is the best true point guard.

Polson is certainly up there near the top. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned him yet. He was the best point guard at the sweet 16 last year.

Good call. :Thumbs:
hooperman Wrote:Jarrod Polson of West Jessamine is the best true point guard.

He was probably the smoothest player I seen at the Sweet16 last season.
diehardcardfan Wrote:For all the Elisha justice haters does this mean that KY high school basketball is that bad..the best PG in the state that most of you voted for elisha justice is not good enough to play d-1 ball..i saw in another thread that you all thought he woldnt play at louisville??

My take on this is that KY doesn't have that many D1 quality players but our teams are typically pretty competitive against the similar ranked teams in other states?

What do others think?
Justice is the best IMO. Chad Jackson...? Seems better suited to the 2. He's an athlete that plays point. The difference being he struggles against zones and with the style Scott County plays, I haven't really seen him have to get his team into an offense and run it.
Elisha Justice, duh, best in state, nation, world...:eyeroll:
loubballfan Wrote:My take on this is that KY doesn't have that many D1 quality players but our teams are typically pretty competitive against the similar ranked teams in other states?

What do others think?

I have to respectfully disagree with you. This year in particular, KY has a lot of D1 talent. Look at how some of our players have competed against some of the best from around the country and you'll see where I'm coming from. The only difference is we have better TEAMS and are more disciplined which leads to some of our players not getting the attention they should.

Look how Ricardo Johnson did against Jordan Sibert and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

I can name atleast 15 kids in state that will play D1.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with you. This year in particular, KY has a lot of D1 talent. Look at how some of our players have competed against some of the best from around the country and you'll see where I'm coming from. The only difference is we have better TEAMS and are more disciplined which leads to some of our players not getting the attention they should.

Look how Ricardo Johnson did against Jordan Sibert and you'll understand where I'm coming from.

I agree. Name yours, I know of 10, sure there is someone I am not thinking of.
Overrated Wrote:Elisha Justice, duh, best in state, nation, world...:eyeroll:

Awfully quick to criticize, so WOW us with your basketball acumen and give us YOUR pick. I:popcorn: noticed you didn't want to put yourself out there, lest someone disagree with you. We'll be anxiously awaiting...
HD28 Wrote:Awfully quick to criticize, so WOW us with your basketball acumen and give us YOUR pick. I:popcorn: noticed you didn't want to put yourself out there, lest someone disagree with you. We'll be anxiously awaiting...

No one can guard the kid...enough said...prove me wrong haters!!!!!:Cheerlead:
kywldcat01 Wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with you. This year in particular, KY has a lot of D1 talent. Look at how some of our players have competed against some of the best from around the country and you'll see where I'm coming from. The only difference is we have better TEAMS and are more disciplined which leads to some of our players not getting the attention they should.

You're right, but you go look in Ohio, TN, and other states in our area and there are a lot more kids playing D1 but our teams do seem to match up very well when they play them. That was my point!