Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Independent Super 7 1/4
Here is this weeks rankings for the region courtsey of The Daily Independent. What does everyone think?

Girls

1. Ashland (8-2)

2. East Carter (9-3)

3. Rowan County (9-4)

4. Raceland (7-4)

5. Fairview (5-2)

6. Boyd County (5-3)

7. West Carter (3-4)
not sure what to think russell has obviously already beat raceland by 8 earlier without parsley so I am interested to see how good russell can be with parsley back healthy
I think 1 and 2 is still up in the air. East lost to Ashland..Ashland lost to Breathitt...
East beat Breathitt...so, in my opinion, this is to close to call.
East, Ashland, and Rowan are still the cream of the crop in the 16th. I think its still a 3-way tie at this point. IMO there is at least a 15 point separation between these 3 and the rest of the 16th region teams.
East is the best team in the region right now, but Rowan Co. is the only team in the region to play a contender besides Breathitt. Rowan has the most loses on the season, but they have by far the toughest schedule.
Boyd has been better than Fairview all year, case in point beating them again handily this week. Two wins by double figures, not even close.
Top 3 is up for grabs followed by Boyd Raceland Flemming & Fairview
I tend to agree with Iceboxx. Seems to be little regard to strength of schedule, road games, injuries, etc. That being said, the top 3 are all lumped together, with no clear cut favorite. Pretty big drop off after that.
I agree, the Cantrell ratings had the three in a virtual tie. Daily Independent also had them lumped together. East beat Rowan then Ashland beat East. Ashland goes to Rowan next week, so who knows.
How is the injury list looking? I've seen East a couple of times; Slone didn't play. I've seen Rowan a couple of times; they had 3 in street clothes, including Muncy. Saw Ashland once; they appeared to be healthy.
Who besides Muncy? Also heard Slone was out for East and parsley still out for Russell.
It's my understanding that Neely has missed 2 games, Kiser has missed about 4 games, Duff has missed 6 games, and the big kid, Brown I think, has missed 3 games. In addition to the 4 or 5 Muncy sat out. Ashland has been pretty healthy haven't they? Injuries are a large part of a team's success..