3. Paintsville
4. Phelps

Class A Region 4 Playoff Matchups

(4) Phelps @ (1) Hazard
(3) Pineville @ (2) Allen Central

(3) Paintsville @ (2) Harlan
(4) Jenkins @ (1) Pikeville

Predictions anyone?:biggrin:
Why is the 4th seed playing a 1st seed team that is just not good..they should make the 4th seed play the other 4th seed so it would be a good game..
Paintsville and Harlen should be a pretty good game.
phelpsboy81 Wrote:Why is the 4th seed playing a 1st seed team that is just not good..they should make the 4th seed play the other 4th seed so it would be a good game..

Thats the way it is. Its the highest seed hosts the lowest seed in the oppsite district. So in your case its Phelps @ Hazard.
Real Badman Wrote:Thats the way it is. Its the highest seed hosts the lowest seed in the oppsite district. So in your case its Phelps @ Hazard.
That's not good,,they should change it. I hope Hazard dont put phelps down to bad in the game.
phelpsboy81 Wrote:That's not good,,they should change it. I hope Hazard dont put phelps down to bad in the game.

You want to reward teams for finishing fourth?
You get what you earn.
phelpsboy81 Wrote:That's not good,,they should change it. I hope Hazard dont put phelps down to bad in the game.

Atleast you can say you made it that far, some teams dont even get that far.
Real Badman Wrote:Atleast you can say you made it that far, some teams dont even get that far.

No it shouldn't be changed as it is the way every playoff format is just be thankful you are in the playoffs as for some teams will be watching from home in 2 weeks.
Phelps should get to play the 4th team..
phelpsboy81 Wrote:Phelps should get to play the 4th team..

why should they get to play the 4th team.. then who would that have your 1 teams playing..

No, the playoffs are set up so the first two rounds you weed out the weaker teams so when region game comes around you have the two best teams playing, you earn what you get, and like its been said, phelps hasnt made playoffs since 2005, betsy layne and south floyd will be watching games from the house once they start, so be happy your there and at least you can say you were good enough to make playoffs
oo lets see so they can have a chance to win the game that would be good..would you like to win the game or not win i would like to play a team that i could win not play a team that is alot bigger than you..
phelpsboy81 Wrote:oo lets see so they can have a chance to win the game that would be good..would you like to win the game or not win i would like to play a team that i could win not play a team that is alot bigger than you..

If you want to play the 4th team you have to earn it. Just be glad to be here.
oo we are..
phelpsboy81 Wrote:oo lets see so they can have a chance to win the game that would be good..would you like to win the game or not win i would like to play a team that i could win not play a team that is alot bigger than you..

They do have a chance to win, wether they do or don't is up to them, it's not like Phelps is going into this game with a L already, it'll be 0-0 come kick off
I am pretty interested in possibly seeing a Allen Central and Hazard match up.
bac2369 Wrote:I am pretty interested in possibly seeing a Allen Central and Hazard match up.

Same here, Hazard is good there's no doubt but so is allen central, if they do end up playin and AC can control the clock and the crowder twins can bull doze the tacklers like i saw them do against betsy layne last night then they could possibly pull the upset, but they'll have to stop a talented run/pass attack from hazard which will cause AC's secondary trouble
This doesn't make any sense. You are basically rewarding a team for finishing in 4th place. So if you do this, then a 1 seed has to play another #1. So, reward the team for barely making the playoffs, and punish the teams that finish at the top of their respective districts? Nope. Phelps needs to be happy they even made the playoffs. Best of luck against Hazard. Hope for a clean, injury free game.
Get over it, thats the way it has always been... The 1st seed always plays the 4th seed.... That way you get all the weak teams weeded out......

With that said, This is Hazards to lose imo......
Phelpsboy...You should feel lucky that there are 4 teams that make the playoffs. If you ask me, 3 teams should only make the playoffs, with the #1 seed getting a BYE while #2 & #3 duke it out for the right to play #1. That way you don't have teams making the playoffs by default and it makes the regular season district games more important.

It's very rare for #4 to upset a #1 and usually it happens in the larger classes where "numbers" aren't a factor and players aren't playing both ways.
phelpsboy81 Wrote:Why is the 4th seed playing a 1st seed team that is just not good..they should make the 4th seed play the other 4th seed so it would be a good game..
it will be a good game for the #1 SEED

Way would they do that. If a team win the dis. they should have a easy game the first round.
Unless KHSAA do it like, some of my friends and i talk about. The top 2 teams make it.
Should be glad you are in the playoffs, several years back only 1 & 2 teams in districts made the playoffs.
1st Round
Pikeville will roll over Jenkins
Hazard will roll over Phelps
AC will take Pineville
If Paintsville kicks the flu bug IMO they will upset Harlan

2nd Round
Hazard beats AC in a dog fight
Pikeville beats Paintsville to get a rematch of last years region title game.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:1st Round
Pikeville will roll over Jenkins
Hazard will roll over Phelps
AC will take Pineville
If Paintsville kicks the flu bug IMO they will upset Harlan

2nd Round
Hazard beats AC in a dog fight
Pikeville beats Paintsville to get a rematch of last years region title game.

Hazard and Pikeville to see who plays LCA!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
1st Round
Pikeville and Hazard will roll to victories
Allen Central beats Pineville
Harlan beats Paintsville

2nd Round
Hazard knocks off Allen Central
Harlan upsets Pikeville

Championship
Hazard takes care of Harlan
First Round
Pikeville takes care of Jenkins
Hazard takes care of Phelps
Allen Central beats Pineville
Paintsville upsets Harlan, if they are all healthy and playing

Second Round
Pikeville beats Paintsville again in a close matchup
Allen Central upsets Hazard by less than a TD

Region
Pikeville hosts Allen Central for a rematch
and yes i know this is more of a far out there kind of prediction but it is possible IMO lol it's what'd id like to see anyways, but in all reality i see the Region Game being Pikeville and Hazard
Hazard
Allen Central
Harlan
Pikeville
There's already a thread on this lol but

1st Round
Hazard 56 Phelps 6
Harlan 14 Paintsville 21 (If Paintsville is injury & sick free, if not then HHS 28 PHS 7)
Pineville 14 Allen Central 35
Jenkins 6 Pikeville 49

2nd Round
Hazard 21 Allen Central 30 (If AC can cover the pass and get some big defensive stops & plays as good as they possibly can, mistake free, if not, HHS 42 ACHS 24)
Pikeville 35 Paintsville 14 OR Pikeville 42 Harlan 14

Region
Allen Central 24 Pikeville 42
OR
Hazard 28 Pikeville 10
Pikeville - Hazard title game.

Pikeville 12
Hazard 28

sorry to both of these teams, but LCA is gonna hurt the team that makes it out.

Hayden is a monster for the eagles, and should be MR FOOTBALL. He is the all time leading scorer in state history.