Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 26 - Boyd County 16
Late TD by BC to make it closer. LC = DISTRICT CHAMPIONS.:Thumbs::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1:
great win dawgs!!! congrats on district championship :Thumbs:
Very sluggish game only 6-3 at halftime. just an observation why doesn't bc use arthur in the shotgun more his playmaking ability in the open field is very good and when they got him in space he made plays and started moving the ball when the coaches realized this.if they made this adjustment earlier in the game they probably have another td or 2 and might win this game?
Congratulations DAWGS! I'm proud of you!
Great job Lawrence Co.!!!
Boyd County played well and played with some heart, but this is the Bulldogs year and I just can't express how proud this community is of these young men playing their hearts out!!!! :Thumbs::1:
Congrats LC.....what a difference a year makes.
Congrats to the Bulldogs. This was a little closer then I thought it would be.
Congrats BullDogs!!
Congratulations to my Dawg Family District Champs. My hat goes of to Boyd Co. This game was closer then 10 points BC IMO kept the dawgs in check for most of the night No big plays just smash mouth football from LC lead by #6 shane pack and the big O line. And once agian the secound Half adjustments really showed on our O line. I don't think we was stoped in the 2nd half untill the end of the game. So once agian Congratulations and Good luck to the Boyd Co. in the play off's You guys played a really good game plan to night.
Here,s to Lawrence Co.
District CHAMPS [SIZE=7]:1:[/SIZE]
Way to go Dawgs!!!! What a turn around season!!!! DISTRICT CHAMPS!!! :1::1:
The biggest L.C. fan in Central Ohio is very happy tonight.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Very sluggish game only 6-3 at halftime. just an observation why doesn't bc use arthur in the shotgun more his playmaking ability in the open field is very good and when they got him in space he made plays and started moving the ball when the coaches realized this.if they made this adjustment earlier in the game they probably have another td or 2 and might win this game?
The reason no shotgun is because he had no blocking, couldn't keep DAWGS out of his face. Boyd not close to Lawrence Co this year.
Way to go LC. Great job from Shane Pack, the o-line and LC defense. Congrats on the district championship!
Just got in from the game and I am wore out.

Here are a few of the stats I got for tonight.
LC Total offense 291
Rushing 49-242
Passing 2-3 for 49
Shane had 28 carries for 164

BC Total offense 187

Great win for the Dawgs and the 2008 District Champs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Nice win for LC
I was at the game and how sluggish we were even the fans i know one thing if we don't get more fire in us than we did tonight come playoff time we need to worry if we do make it to region finals there is no way we will compete with bell co. Now come on dawgs and all the fans get fired up its almost playoff time
I will say in the 1st half the football team and the fans were FLAT.
I'll tell you what worries me. Larry West is not even in the game anymore. It's been the 4th qtr before you see him get any playing time in the last two games.

When he's in the backfield it opens up the running game for everyone.

When he's on the bench it affects the whole team. I'm a LC fan first and foremost but I think the coaching staff needs to re-think what they're doing with West. The guy was all-state last year and you're telling me he's not good enough to play more than just a few plays on offense?

What is his average yrd per carry? It has to be way up there. Plus he's a SENIOR!

I'm glad we're winning but it's getting hard to figure out what's going on.
another win for LC. looks like a 10-0 season in the making, from a 0 -10 season last year. nice job dawgs.
Congrats dawgs..thought they would win bigger then this..but good win hope to meet yall in playoffs..
Good job dawgs... It was hard fought battle.. That's the way to finish..
i was an have been very displeased with this coaching staff West is a great talent first team all state football CB in WV yet LC doest play him at DB the team WR an QB'S he played against in WV are alot faster an bigger than the eastern ky players West is the fasetest kid i seen in years i think LC is waiting until playoffs to really use him any kid who runs mid 4.4 40 needs to touch the ball more than 4 times a game Mr.Pack inside an West outside LC need to mix it up
Cat Dawg Wrote:I'll tell you what worries me. Larry West is not even in the game anymore. It's been the 4th qtr before you see him get any playing time in the last two games.

When he's in the backfield it opens up the running game for everyone.

When he's on the bench it affects the whole team. I'm a LC fan first and foremost but I think the coaching staff needs to re-think what they're doing with West. The guy was all-state last year and you're telling me he's not good enough to play more than just a few plays on offense?

What is his average yrd per carry? It has to be way up there. Plus he's a SENIOR!

I'm glad we're winning but it's getting hard to figure out what's going on.

I'd love to see Larry play more as well. I've spoken to several LC fans that doesn't understand why he doesn't get more touches. He is averaging nearly 11 yards per carry. Pack averages 9.1. James averages 7.7. Bentley averages 10.5. This was before the Boyd County game. Regardless, the LC staff is doing a good job and it's hard to complain with the success they're having.
I'm sure he will be used more and differently in the next few weeks. However, with that said you don't move to a district and immediately replace those that have already been in the system busting their butts for years. It's not like LC is 5-5 and not moving the ball either. They have a very effective offense to date and why fix something that isn't broken just because you have a new kid. He plays and he gets the ball and when needed he has been used.
I'm one that believes in giving credit where it due, and the BC defense really did a great job for the most part. BC might have had a not so great year but from what i seen tonight they will bounce back quickly. Now with all that said CONGRATS TO THE DAWGS ON WINNING DISTRICT!!!! One more to go to complete the perfect season. Play with all your heart and you will come out winners every time.
CatDawg Wrote:Late TD by BC to make it closer. LC = DISTRICT CHAMPIONS.:Thumbs::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1::1:
Good win LC, you all earned the district championship, good luck next week, as you go for your undefeated season.:Clap:
congrats lc
coach5050 Wrote:i was an have been very displeased with this coaching staff West is a great talent first team all state football CB in WV yet LC doest play him at DB the team WR an QB'S he played against in WV are alot faster an bigger than the eastern ky players West is the fasetest kid i seen in years i think LC is waiting until playoffs to really use him any kid who runs mid 4.4 40 needs to touch the ball more than 4 times a game Mr.Pack inside an West outside LC need to mix it up

I TOTALLY AGREE AND BEEN WONDERING WHY THEY DON'T USE HIM MORE. BUT I DO UNDERSTAND AT WHY HE DOESN'T GET MORE CARRIES AFTER WATCHING TONIGHT HE RUNS TO THE SIDELINES BUT NEEDS TO CUT IT UP. IF I WERE COACHING I WOULD DEFINETLY GET THE BALL IN HIS HANDS OTHER WAYS. YOU GET HIM OUT IN THE OPEN HE WOULD BE DANGEROUS LIL SCREENS AND SEND HIM DEEP EVERY NOW AND THEN. BUT I EXPECT TO SEE THIS AND SPREAD FORMATIONS IN THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS AND IF THEY DON'T THEY ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID. THIS KID IS SOMETHING SPECIAL :rockon:
I think the screens would be great. More ways of getting him the ball and yet another option for someone to defend.