Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Summer Rankings Class of 2010 in KY
Looks pretty good. Top 10 is loaded with talent.
If you go off last year then Ricardo is #1

If you go off the Summer the Ge'lawn is #1

I think Dakotah Euton should be higher in the rankings with the AAU Summer he had with OBC. He has gotten alot better on defense over the summer. Look for Dakotah to make a strong run at Mr. Basketball his year along with Chad Jackson. Plus Josh Sewell had a great summer leading his AAU team to no loses in pool play. Austin Flannery was also apart of the great AAU team.

Think the top ten is very loaded I hope we pick the top 12 for the Kentucky Allstars.
How can Jarrod Polson of West Jessamine be left off this list? He leads his team to the Sweet Sixteen Final Four and still gets no respect. What does he have to do?
hooperman Wrote:How can Jarrod Polson of West Jessamine be left off this list? He leads his team to the Sweet Sixteen Final Four and still gets no respect. What does he have to do?

Most of these rankings are on college potential. J. Johnson should be in the top ten. I find it hard to believe that there are that many kids in Kentucky with more upside than him or who play at a higher level than him [jmo].
tezzy859 Wrote:Most of these rankings are on college potential. J. Johnson should be in the top ten. I find it hard to believe that there are that many kids in Kentucky with more upside than him or who play at a higher level than him [jmo].

I agree. JJ had a really good summer and has improved tremendously with being more aggressive offensively and also handling the ball. There were several games that he took over a game by simply using his size and strength to drive the lane and get easy baskets. There also aren't too many guards that rebound as well as him either. That is one of his biggest strengths that has drawn college coaches his way over the summer.

Something a lot of people don't know is JJ is actually a very young senior. He just recently turned 17 so he still has a lot of room for growth and improvement.
As far as the top 10, there are a few things I'd change:

1A. Ricardo Johnson- Holmes
1B. Ge Lawn Guyn- Scott Co

IMO you can't go wrong with either as the best player in the state but for right now we'll just say they're too close to give the nod to one over the other. Both had outstanding summers and improved their all around games.

3. Elijah Pittman- Holmes
Hands down the most talented player in the state with the most upside. If he ever gets serious about the game, he'd be the best player in the state. His ability to play both inside and outside makes him the toughest player in the state to match up with IMO.

4. Chad Jackson- Scott Co
One of the most versatile players in the state and also one of the better rebounding guards in the state.

5. Josh Sewell- Trinity
Already committed to Miami,OH and is everything he's been touted to be. Strong guard that can hit the jumper or drive down low and take it inside.

6. Dakotah Euton- Scott Co
Before the summer I probably wouldn't have even had him in the top 10, but he really impressed me over the summer and did some great things. His defense has improved tremendously which makes him very tough.

7. Donovan Gibbs- Iroquois
His ability to play both inside and out at 6'7 makes him another big time player to contend with. He had a great summer with Shining Stars.

8. Thomas Jackson- Jeffersontown
The kid is probably the best PG in the state. His athleticism, quickness, and strength make him so tough to defend. He is another in state talent that will land at a D1 program.

9. Jeremiah Johnson- Holmes
At 6'5, he is another Holmes athlete that is very tough to match up with. He improved his ball handling over the summer which allowed him to run the point a lot for his AAU team and also has gotten more aggressive with the ball. He also led Holmes last season in rebounding at 8 a game.

At the number 10 spot, it's a toss up. You could go with several players, but I'd have to personally go with Orlando Rutledge out of Fern Creek. He is drawing major D1 interest and at 6'6 he can do it all from handling the rock and running point, to playing down low and banging with the big boys.

Elijah Justice is another player that could be considered at the #10 spot. He had a great summer and proved himself against some of the top talent around the country. I simply chose Rutledge because his size makes him a much more attractive prospect. Either way, both kids are D1 talents and you couldn't go wrong with either in the top 10.
kywldcat01 Wrote:As far as the top 10, there are a few things I'd change:

1A. Ricardo Johnson- Holmes
1B. Ge Lawn Guyn- Scott Co

IMO you can't go wrong with either as the best player in the state but for right now we'll just say they're too close to give the nod to one over the other. Both had outstanding summers and improved their all around games.

3. Elijah Pittman- Holmes
Hands down the most talented player in the state with the most upside. If he ever gets serious about the game, he'd be the best player in the state. His ability to play both inside and outside makes him the toughest player in the state to match up with IMO.

4. Chad Jackson- Scott Co
One of the most versatile players in the state and also one of the better rebounding guards in the state.

5. Josh Sewell- Trinity
Already committed to Miami,OH and is everything he's been touted to be. Strong guard that can hit the jumper or drive down low and take it inside.

6. Dakotah Euton- Scott Co
Before the summer I probably wouldn't have even had him in the top 10, but he really impressed me over the summer and did some great things. His defense has improved tremendously which makes him very tough.

7. Donovan Gibbs- Iroquois
His ability to play both inside and out at 6'7 makes him another big time player to contend with. He had a great summer with Shining Stars.

8. Thomas Jackson- Jeffersontown
The kid is probably the best PG in the state. His athleticism, quickness, and strength make him so tough to defend. He is another in state talent that will land at a D1 program.

9. Jeremiah Johnson- Holmes
At 6'5, he is another Holmes athlete that is very tough to match up with. He improved his ball handling over the summer which allowed him to run the point a lot for his AAU team and also has gotten more aggressive with the ball. He also led Holmes last season in rebounding at 8 a game.

At the number 10 spot, it's a toss up. You could go with several players, but I'd have to personally go with Orlando Rutledge out of Fern Creek. He is drawing major D1 interest and at 6'6 he can do it all from handling the rock and running point, to playing down low and banging with the big boys.

Elijah Justice is another player that could be considered at the #10 spot. He had a great summer and proved himself against some of the top talent around the country. I simply chose Rutledge because his size makes him a much more attractive prospect. Either way, both kids are D1 talents and you couldn't go wrong with either in the top 10.

Nice list, and nice breakdown. Me personally I would drop Chad Jackson behind Sewell. Other than that it's on the money.
The Top 25 is very hard to rank because this is the Best Class in Kentucky History. We should have more than 30 D1 and D2 players. But the clear Top players are Ge'lawn Guyn and Ricardo Johnson along with Elijah Pittman. But some other player have gotten better over the summer like Dakotah Euton, Josh Sewell, JJ Johnson from Homles, Chad Jackson, Austin Flannery and Jarrod Polson from West Jessamine. So we need a top 30 to show the real top players in Kentucky.
Don't forget about Mikey Gabbard of Boone Co either...he's another kid that has really improved over the summer and saw his stock rise. Morehead and EKU are both going to be watching him during workouts in September so it's likely he could end up at a D1 program as well.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Don't forget about Mikey Gabbard of Boone Co either...he's another kid that has really improved over the summer and saw his stock rise. Morehead and EKU are both going to be watching him during workouts in September so it's likely he could end up at a D1 program as well.

I think Gabbard will have a better shot at Morehead, EKU has already received a verbal from a PG from Mountain State Academy and they have also offered Chad Jackson.

Mikey has really worked on his strength, this really helps him with his ball handling and finishing at the rim. He is definitely one of the top point guards in KY in the 2010 class.
I never pay attention to his rankings. He is biased to the louisville/lexington players. JJ,EJ>Euton. IMO
Holmes/UKfan Wrote:I never pay attention to his rankings. He is biased to the louisville/lexington players. JJ,EJ>Euton. IMO

He has Ric and Eli both ahead of Euton....

I do agree though that he has some kids in front of JJ that shouldn't be.
goodguy Wrote:I think Gabbard will have a better shot at Morehead, EKU has already received a verbal from a PG from Mountain State Academy and they have also offered Chad Jackson.

Mikey has really worked on his strength, this really helps him with his ball handling and finishing at the rim. He is definitely one of the top point guards in KY in the 2010 class.

I recently had the chance to talk to Mike and here's what he said he's improved most on and what he still needs to work on:

I've improved most on my defense. I've concentrated more on being a lockdown defender and improved on my outside shot also. I still need to work out moving without the ball and still could use improvement on my shot.

I plan on getting the full Q&A and story up on him either tomorrow or Monday. You're right in saying that he's one of the top pg's in the state for 2010 though. He has a great work ethic as well.
kywildcat, once again I cannot agree with things you say, Justice can be a 1st team all state selection, but you can't even see him as a top 10 player in his class.
PC_You_Know Wrote:kywildcat, once again I cannot agree with things you say, Justice can be a 1st team all state selection, but you can't even see him as a top 10 player in his class.

I don't see why we have to have this debate every time a ranking comes out. Talent wise, yes he's top 10...hands down. But as a prospect (big difference), the kids I have ahead of him all have much more to offer.

It's nothing against the kid and I even stated that any top 10 with him included in it is fine by me because he's a D1 talent. You just need to realize that as good as Elisha is, he is apart of one of the deepest classes in Kentucky history so there are going to be players better than him and more talented. The c/o 2010 is absolutely LOADED.