Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate or Miles Simpson?
who's better? Fugate or Simpson?

ill go with Fugate

2008 Stats:------Games Played:---------Attempts:-------Yards:----------TD's:

Fugate -15 -- 279-----3,052 ----36

Simpson ----15 ------- 284 ------2,309 ---- 37

Breathitt is coached by one of the best & one of the Top 5 Coaches in Mike Holcomb 234-78
can you take both?
cuppett777 Wrote:can you take both?

yes! if i ever coached a team i would love to have these 2 players on my team
you really cannot compare these to players, miles simpson played much harder competition that fugate did, but fugate also put up better stats. unless they play the same team, with the same lines and such you will really never know. they are both outstanding athelete, but id say most people on this site would go with fugate just because its an eastern based site, and fugate is all the hype on here.
UCFB Wrote:you really cannot compare these to players, miles simpson played much harder competition that fugate did, but fugate also put up better stats. unless they play the same team, with the same lines and such you will really never know. they are both outstanding athelete, but id say most people on this site would go with fugate just because its an eastern based site, and fugate is all the hype on here.

You took the words out of my mouth :biggrin:

Simpson did it against 6A competition - The best 6A competition in the state. If he played against smaller schools with much fewer athletes, he easily would have had similar yardage as anyone who gained more. Simpson is being looked at by the biggest schools in the country, primarily due to the level of competition that this kid playes every week.
Miles Simpson
Both are great players and would be a asset to any college program in the country. Different styles in both athletes:
But if I am a college coach, I am choosing Miles...You are getting studs anyway you put it..A win-win deal
Both teams played some pretty tough teams last year. every game that Simon Kenton Won last year the won easy and every game that breathitt won they won easy except 2 (Belfry & Estill (1st game). with that being said both Simpson and Fugate are tremendous athletes.
Breathitt County:

Aug 29, 08 Johnson Central home 14 - 26 (L) no KRMC Honey Bowl
Sep 5, 08 Prestonsburg away 20 - 27 (L) no
Sep 12, 08 Boyd County home 41 - 6 (W) no
Sep 19, 08 Estill County home 7 - 6 (W) no
Sep 26, 08 Harlan County away 47 - 7 (W) no
Oct 3, 08 Open home

Oct 10, 08 Fleming County away 48 - 6 (W) no
Oct 17, 08 Lexington Christian home 40 - 26 (W) no
Oct 24, 08 Powell County home 55 - 13 (W) no
Oct 31, 08 Lawrence County away 37 - 14 (W) no
Nov 7, 08 Shelby Valley home 49 - 22 (W) no
Nov 14, 08 Garrard County home 28 - 13 (W) no 2008 Class 3A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 21, 08 Harlan County home 62 - 34 (W) no 2008 Class 3A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 28, 08 Estill County home 39 - 7 (W) no 2008 Class 3A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Dec 5, 08 Belfry away 14 - 12 (W) no 2008 Class 3A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Dec 12, 08 Central at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville 19 - 40 (L) no 2008 Class 3A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Simon Kenton:

Aug 30, 08 Newport Central Catholic at Newport 15 - 37 (L) Click
Sep 5, 08 Dixie Heights away 28 - 7 (W) Click
Sep 12, 08 Conner away 19 - 20 (L) Click
Sep 19, 08 Cooper home 56 - 14 (W) Click
Sep 26, 08 Ryle away 18 - 26 (L) Click
Oct 3, 08 Holmes away 48 - 14 (W) Click
Oct 10, 08 Boone County home 7 - 42 (L) Click
Oct 17, 08 Russell home 40 - 20 (W) Click
Oct 24, 08 Campbell County home 15 - 7 (W) Click
Oct 31, 08 Holy Cross (Covington) home 36 - 13 (W) Click
Nov 7, 08 Open home

Nov 14, 08 Lafayette away 33 - 6 (W) Click 2008 Class 6A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 21, 08 Conner away 46 - 41 (W) Click 2008 Class 6A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Nov 28, 08 Boone County away 14 - 7 (W) Click 2008 Class 6A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Dec 5, 08 Male away 28 - 10 (W) Click 2008 Class 6A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Dec 13, 08 Trinity (Louisville) at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville 0 - 48 (L) Click 2008 Class 6A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
I'm going with Simpson. Simon Kenton barely made the playoffs and had to win against Campbell County. From that point on they rode Simpson to state finals. His impact was the difference in SK going from the dog house to the penthouse. Fugate had a similar impact to get Breathitt as far as they went, but I doubt they were ever in any danger of not making the playoffs.
Rob Van Winkle Wrote:I'm going with Simpson. Simon Kenton barely made the playoffs and had to win against Campbell County. From that point on they rode Simpson to state finals. His impact was the difference in SK going from the dog house to the penthouse. Fugate had a similar impact to get Breathitt as far as they went, but I doubt they were ever in any danger of not making the playoffs.

Good post
Are you seriously asking this question channing is already a division one player you might as well say. but both are very good backs no credit taken from either one.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:Are you seriously asking this question channing is already a division one player you might as well say. but both are very good backs no credit taken from either one.

I don't think anyone is asking whether are deserving or good, but who you would take.
this is about who you would take. we wouldnt know who the better player is unless they played eachother or played the same teams!
Channing Fagate will go to UT and get his arse handed to him!
Im pretty sure that UT is a big school there Stardust.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
How did he do in the state finals game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I have heard both things about both. I couldnt pick between the too. But this is something i would like to throw into this confersation and that is both should be must gets for Uk but only one seems to be. If uk is or was thinking right they'd have both because u have speed and agility to go with speed and power. So UK needs both of these kids in the backfield in the future and hopefully they will realize that the state prospects need a little repsect also.
bac2369 Wrote:I have heard both things about both. I couldnt pick between the too. But this is something i would like to throw into this confersation and that is both should be must gets for Uk but only one seems to be. If uk is or was thinking right they'd have both because u have speed and agility to go with speed and power. So UK needs both of these kids in the backfield in the future and hopefully they will realize that the state prospects need a little repsect also.

Great Post :Thumbs: agree 100 %
I've seen both players in person. I'd take Simpson. He is the faster of the two and IMO the better defensive player.
C.Clair Wrote:Im pretty sure that UT is a big school there Stardust.

Yeah, they are brining him in as a Fullback, which should tell us something of what the Big teams think of his future. I'm not knocking the kid at all, he is a stud. I've not seen any of the Major D1 schools looking at him as a RB.

As for Simpson, he has been recruited as a TB. But, just like Channing, he has gotten recognition at other positions, but he will go someplace where he can play TB not another position. My guess is, Channing would prefer to go to a school where he runs the ball, not blocks.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:Are you seriously asking this question channing is already a division one player you might as well say. but both are very good backs no credit taken from either one.

You do realize Simpson already has 8 D-1A scholarship offers including 6 from BCS conference schools? Just because Fugate committed does not mean he is on another playing field than Simpson.

I would personally agree with loving to have both, but IMO Simpson has more upside on the offensive side of the ball and Fugate has more upside on the defensive side. If we are solely talking about who we would take as a RB to me it is no question that I would take Miles Simpson. He is a more versatile and complete RB in my opinion.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You do realize Simpson already has 8 D-1A scholarship offers including 6 from BCS conference schools? Just because Fugate committed does not mean he is on another playing field than Simpson.

I would personally agree with loving to have both, but IMO Simpson has more upside on the offensive side of the ball and Fugate has more upside on the defensive side. If we are solely talking about who we would take as a RB to me it is no question that I would take Miles Simpson. He is a more versatile and complete RB in my opinion.

Great post:Thumbs:

Obviously both of these young men are outstanding athletes and football players. If I had a pure "run through the tackles" offense, Channing would be my guy. He's big and strong and will not come down easily. He is a FB playing TB but much more athletic.

But if I need a guy who can who can create a hole, juke, and then run by a defender, Miles is the guy. A lot of people underestimate Miles strength. This kid is extremely strong. Trinity coaches thought that at 6-2, Miles center of gravity would make for easy play at the line of scrimmage. They were so impressed with him after the game that they stated he may be the best player they have ever faced. That's pretty strong words.
don't know how good he will be at his position at running back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Rob Van Winkle Wrote:I'm going with Simpson. Simon Kenton barely made the playoffs and had to win against Campbell County. From that point on they rode Simpson to state finals. His impact was the difference in SK going from the dog house to the penthouse. Fugate had a similar impact to get Breathitt as far as they went, but I doubt they were ever in any danger of not making the playoffs.

Fugate packed a great load. I think Breathitt would have lost 3-4 more games without him and never made it as far as they did.
what schools have offered Simpson?
Strikeout King Wrote:what schools have offered Simpson?

Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Purdue, Western Kentucky.

Duke, Michigan, and Nebraska have also shown interest.
Both are great but I GOTTA GO WITH SIMPSON