Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best JV team in the 15th?
Who's going to have the best JV team next year???
Johnson Central
I Agree!!!

Watch cuz this JV will be the future of the 15th
they beat PC jv in the East ridge Camp 31-6
Belfry 37 22
East Ridge (bad officiating) 24-14
belfry again 40-18
PC again 45- 23
5-0 at this camp
Johnson Central Has Some Very Talented Kids On There JV Squad...

Justin Murray Has Alot Of Moves From The Point He Is A Very Good Basketball Player.....

Jo Whitiker Is A Very Good Shooter If You Leave Him Open He Will Shoot Lights Out.....

They Also Have Michael Tackett He Is A Hustler On both Ends Of The Court....Very Talented Defensive Kid...

Not To Mention The Hall Kid...Not Much Known But He Can Hit The 3 Ball He Also Plays Agressive D....

James Blankenship Is A Good Payer To Drive To The Bucket And Draw The Foul...

So My Vote Goes To The Johnson Central Boys
If my memory serves me correctly, JCHS uses or has used the occasional junior on their JV squad. Kyle Jennings played on it when he was a junior and scored about 30 points a night. The best JV team would have to be Paintsville if you think about it....their varsity consists of 4 sophomores this season and several other soph's that will get to see valuable time this season. JC's team may be good, but they're still going to have to face Landon, J.D, and crew for the next several years.
From what i have seen the best team may be one that no one even expects and thats the BL's JV Bobcats. A new addition is Justun Collins a 6'1 pg/sg that can shoot the 3 and also drive in and get the foul during summer camp the guy had 39 points in one game and probaly averaged about 19 the whole time he can also rebound. They have a great center in Thomas Sammons he's 6'4 and a block shot machine, great rebounder, and has good low post moves. Samuel Keathly another 3 point shooter Brandon Blair a defensive monster another new addition is a kid named brent (dont know last name) pretty good point gaurd and 2 more returning players Jason Mckinney and Cody Thornsberry both are PF/C this is not including any freshmen players
Don't forget about Brennan Case he is also a good player. I don't know about the brent kid but they will be pretty good they beat JC both times they played them last year. So, I dont see how that they could be the best.
Based on last year's team...Shelby Valley had a nice team. Correct me if I am wrong, but i believe they beat Johnson Central at Johnson Central last year on a last second shot by Toby Wright. So I do agree with Johnson Central having a good team along with Shelby Valley.
Pikeville should have a decent JV team...since their freshman are moving up to be sophmores (their freshman team won the county championship) i look for them to be talented...also they have received some key transfers and have some very young players who may step up and play at the jv level for them
dirty30 i have to agree with you i think that pikeville will be better this year... I mean since coach thomas left...now you really have a chance.
AC will have a descent Jv. The Line up will be

1.Robbie Cole-Pg
2.Alex Hammonds-Sg
3.Jonathon Sheperd-Sf
4.Josh Prater-Pf
5.Jan Hicks-C
Don't see Coach Martin using Josh Prater on JV. He started some Varsity as a freshmen.
Paintsville's varsity, they start 4 freshmen and they have some talented kids on the bench. If they played JV then that would be my guess.
Prater was just an 8th grader last year this year will be his freshman year
OOPS!

What I meant was, he started Varsity last year- I don't see Coach Martin using him on a JV or Freshmen squad this year. Why take a chance on getting him hurt.
I think that the best JV team in the 15th will also be betsy layne. They play very good defense and they histle up and down the floor. At morehead camp justin collins there starting sg dropped 40 some on huntington 33 in the first half. He averaged i think 26 adding up all 7 games. There other starters in thomas sammons brent charles samuel keathley and jason mckinney are also big contributors to the defensive soze of the team.:theman:
If my memery serves me correct i belive a 14 and under aau called East KY lightning entered in Pc jv camp and didn't lose a game
beating jc jv team
Personally i dont see jason mckinny as a starter for the BL it will probaly be
PG-Brennan Case
SG-Justin Collins
SF-
PF-Samuel Keithely
C-Thomas Sammons
reason i didnt put anyone in the SF spot is becuase it is up for grabs Jason Mckinny woudnt be able to start that spot becuase all he knows and cares about is being a center he hasnt even learned any other spot in the BLs offense Brent Charles could fit in that spot Brandon Blair or even BC Thornsberry could fit in that spot but who knows what is going to happen
Boo Hoo Showstopper, BL will NOT have the best JV team in the 15th. Your counting out everyone, Prestonsburg, South Floyd, Allen Central, Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pike Central, Your leaving all of the good teams out. Come on man I mean really. How many games did BL win at Summer Camp. A reliable source told me you all only won like 1. But I guess we will see when the season kicks in.

Oh yeah..... "It ain't easy bein cheesy"
I think bl did only win a couple games at camp but they jus need some more scorers which i think they will get when the season starts >Justin collins scored probably 75 percent of there points at camp so he needs some help. In there win he had 39 of the teams 43 points:wenumber1
well "cheeseburger eddy" we wont know if there better then SF Prestonsburg or allen central oh wait a minute we all know there gonna be better then AC since they dont play but they do playthose other teams and trust me there gonna be good
SO SAYS THE RUBBERBAND MAN
True, Your right about that. We will see. I seen Justin Collins play when I was down there at camp. He is a real good ball player. He just needs a little bit of help. If he keeps his game up he will be good. And does anyone know that kid with the afro? I seen him while I was in Morehead, Scouting?
yea ur right about that he avereaged over 25 a game and went 7 for 7 in 3 pointers against huntingon. If his team was a little bit better it would make him look alot better as a ball player he is not recognized as a tod junior but i think on varsity next yr he wil be one of the top 5 players in the region. He averaged lets c 5 blocks 10 rebounds. 6 assiasts to go along with thm 25 points soo he just needs help from his team:flame:
his name is brent charles he moved here from tennese semi good ballhandler with good hands that can steal the rock
"showstoppers4life" Wrote:well "cheeseburger eddy" we wont know if there better then SF Prestonsburg or allen central oh wait a minute we all know there gonna be better then AC since they dont play but they do playthose other teams and trust me there gonna be good
SO SAYS THE RUBBERBAND MAN

"there gonna be better then AC since they don't play"

care to enlighten us on that one.
Does AC not play a JV schedule???
BL dosnt play any district jv games but the probaly could beat AC jv team probaly by 20 points
OK showstopper -- I'm still a little confused. Does anyone play JV district games?
Is this because of the boys/girls teams both playing at district games??
now that Pikeville added a 6'8 freshman in Devin Adams i think he can only make their JV team better...and of course if Daniel Harmon plays he will be a huge contributer to the JV and Varsity team
Iv;e heard that the big kid that came from sf was really tall but rly clumsy
and didnt have good work ethic
iv'e only wacthed him play a couple times but he looks lazy what do u guys think?
i dont know about now but when deven was a sf he hustled just as hard as anyone.