Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bellevue 27 Beechwood 21
Final

All I can say is WOW.
IMO this is the biggest upset so far in the 2005 football season. I wonder when was the last time Bellevue beat Beechwood?
Whoa.
so what does this mean exactly? will beechwood get a 1 or 2 seed in playoffs?
and now that bellevue beat beechwood, will it come down to NCC and Bellevue for region 3???
What a shocker! Has to be upset of the week, if not of the season.
A shocker but Beechwood is far from done for the year.
I'll say right now Beechwood and NCC will be the top two in A region 3.
Beechwood will make it back to Papa Johns.
Beechwood last lost to Bellevue in 1999, they won 17-0, but then lost to Beechwood 35-0 in the playoffs.

Bellevue has a very tough running game and Beechwood has ZERO passing game.

Alot of people up here picked this upset.
sportwhiz Wrote:Beechwood will make it back to Papa Johns.
It's a very good possibility. Beechwood and NCC are definitely down this year.
Does the road to state still go through NKY?
After seeing the Breds in the Pike COunty Bowl I have a hard time believing they are down this year. Good luck to the Breds!
PHSFAN Wrote:After seeing the Breds in the Pike COunty Bowl I have a hard time believing they are down this year. Good luck to the Breds!
Unless NCC can find a running game and get more consistent play from the QB, they will not get it done.
I thought Vickers was a very good RB that had some sweet runs against Pikeville...maybe the Pikeville run D was weak because I thought Vickers looked pretty good.
98NCCalum Wrote:Unless NCC can find a running game and get more consistent play from the QB, they will not get it done.

Can either one of these two compete with Danville this year. Looks like to me Somerset may have a good shot at knocking off one of these. I think Pikeville will play @ Somerset for the Class A region 4 this year. Somerset seems to be the strongest Class A mountain team at this point in time.
The thing with these two is it seems Mike Yeagle has Schneiders number. For some reason NCC completely abandons its game plan from the season for the Beechwood playoff game.

NCC in the first game had the game won and gave it away, BIG TIME! That being said they did the same thing last year and then came out in the palyoffs and laid an egg and completely went away from what got them there? Who knows if they will do it again.

I haven't seen Danville at all this year, so I'm not really sure, from all indications they are down a tiny bit from last year also.

I still don't see a mountain team being able to compete with these two YET, though.

I could be completely wrong though. I think it's the depth, NCC dresses probably 65-70 kids for varsity, is there a Mountain A team that can match that? Beechwood's prolly around 55- 60. It seems NCC and Beechwood just wear the mountain teams out and i'm not sure if it's b/c of that or not, but it doens't appear to me that they are completely outmatched, just outmanned?

Make sense?
Somerset may beat Pikeville but come on QQ they aren't going to go to NCC or Beechwood and win. Both of those teams will pound Somerset. Danville better worry about Bardstown because Bardstown may just have the best team in Class A this year.
PHSFAN Wrote:I thought Vickers was a very good RB that had some sweet runs against Pikeville...maybe the Pikeville run D was weak because I thought Vickers looked pretty good.
He hasn't shown the ability to run between the tackles at all. Maybe he can but he hasn't shown it yet.
PHSFAN Wrote:Somerset may beat Pikeville but come on QQ they aren't going to go to NCC or Beechwood and win. Both of those teams will pound Somerset. Danville better worry about Bardstown because Bardstown may just have the best team in Class A this year.

I did'nt say they would. I was asking if you all thought they could.

You may be right. But Somerset did had Danville on the ropes earlier in the season.
If Pikeville played for the region 4 championship at Pikeville this year, then they would be the clear favorites. However, it will be played in Somerset barring a upset and thats I give Somerset the advantage in Region 4. Even though I want the Panthers to pull this off and hopefully they will.
I agree Somerset is probably the favorite, even though I think Pikeville will win the Region. I thought you picked Somerset to beat Beechwood in another thread so that is what I was talking about. Somerset is a good team but I don't think any team in Region 4 is going to go to NCC or Beechwood and win...I hope I am wrong though.
PHSFAN Wrote:I agree Somerset is probably the favorite, even though I think Pikeville will win the Region. I thought you picked Somerset to beat Beechwood in another thread so that is what I was talking about. Somerset is a good team but I don't think any team in Region 4 is going to go to NCC or Beechwood and win...I hope I am wrong though.

I did pick Somerset to beat NCC in your prediction thread. I based this on their performance vs Danville and the rest of thier games which they have won rather easily. I was being highly optimistic in your prediction thread. It hasnt happened in awhile. But this may be the year. I would love to see Pikeville get to rematch NCC as well. I will be happy either way seeing a Mountain Class A team advancing to Louisville.
98NCCalum Wrote:It's a very good possibility. Beechwood and NCC are definitely down this year.
Does the road to state still go through NKY?

Yeah Region 4 will have to travel to Region 3 this year.
you guys count Lynn Camp out too early, Somerset and Lynn Camp have yet to play and you might get a suprise on the score board come the 21st
I think that 1A is wide open this year honestly. After seeing Beechwood play the last two weeks, and NewCath all year, I don't see that either are a dominant force this year. Both have GLARING weaknesses.
Camper Wrote:you guys count Lynn Camp out too early, Somerset and Lynn Camp have yet to play and you might get a suprise on the score board come the 21st

Lynn Camp is a very good team and they could very easily take down Somerset and be in position to host the regional championship...I will never overlook Lynn Camp...had to many battles with them over the years to do that. BTW, I hope you guys win district 7.
Nice win for Bellevue