Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Clevenger: 15th Region Player of the Year
hoopsteacher Wrote:Leonidas I Can Name The Last Four. Brad Lowe Jamie Case Landon Slone And Matt Clevenger.

Thanks

2009 - Matt Clevenger
2008 - Landon Slone
2007 - Jamie Case
2006 - Brad Lowe
2005 -
2004 -
2003 -
2002 -
2001 -
2000 -

Can anyone fill in these years?
well the coaches cant vote for their own players (obviously) and they vote before tourney since not everyone gets in tourney where can i find a pic of this guy because I really honestly dont remember anyone from pikeville except one guy and I am 100% positive that guy wasn't Matt
Congrats Matt! Great career at Pikeville.
congrats to Matt.
gtowntiger Wrote:well the coaches cant vote for their own players (obviously) and they vote before tourney since not everyone gets in tourney where can i find a pic of this guy because I really honestly dont remember anyone from pikeville except one guy and I am 100% positive that guy wasn't Matt
#11 he scored 28 vs. JC. I'm not sure how you could miss someone who did that to your team.
http://pics.dustylayne.com/p877610160/h6874f52#h6874f52
28 or 21??? I have seen both on here...............I remember #44 and another guy not in the pick (dont know his number). Oh well I guess. Also scoring isnt something you do to another team Im not sure what you mean someone who did that to your team. Obviously I didn't watch the right player b/c I just don't remember him. Like I already said, that isn't dissing him as a player at all, just saying I didn't notice/remember him
great job Matt no one should have gotten any votes but you on this award great job.
Leonidas Wrote:Thanks

2009 - Matt Clevenger
2008 - Landon Slone
2007 - Jamie Case
2006 - Brad Lowe
2005 -
2004 -
2003 -
2002 -
2001 -
2000 -

2000---Tommy McKenzie
gtowntiger Wrote:28 or 21??? I have seen both on here...............I remember #44 and another guy not in the pick (dont know his number). Oh well I guess. Also scoring isnt something you do to another team Im not sure what you mean someone who did that to your team. Obviously I didn't watch the right player b/c I just don't remember him. Like I already said, that isn't dissing him as a player at all, just saying I didn't notice/remember him

To clear up any confusion you may have, and obviously you have alot, he averaged somewhere around 21 points per game this year. In that particular game against Johnson Central he had 28. Thats where those numbers came from. Just wanted to clear that up for you. Now as for not noticing him, thats your own problem for missing out on the opportunity to get to see him play. He is very entertaining to watch, and I, along with many other fans have really enjoyed watching him over the past 6 years at Pikeville. That is evident by the many congratulations he has recieved on here. Obviously the coaches in the 15th region thought so as well.
Leonidas Wrote:Thanks

2009 - Matt Clevenger
2008 - Landon Slone
2007 - Jamie Case
2006 - Brad Lowe
2005 -
2004 -
2003 -
2002 -
2001 -
2000 -

2002- Shawn Newsome- Allen Central
2003- Michael Hall- South Floyd
gtowntiger Wrote:well the coaches cant vote for their own players (obviously) and they vote before tourney since not everyone gets in tourney where can i find a pic of this guy because I really honestly dont remember anyone from pikeville except one guy and I am 100% positive that guy wasn't Matt

Who would you have voted for there Gtiger?
congradulations matt well deserved
Congrats Matt
Congrats Matt!!
Congratulations! Well deserved, and you did yourself and Pikeville High School very proud.
2009 - Matt Clevenger - Pikeville
2008 - Landon Slone - Paintsville
2007 - Jamie Case - Belfry
2006 - Brad Lowe - PC
2005 -
2004 -
2003 - Michael Hall - SF
2002 - Shawn Newsome - AC
2001 -
2000 - Tommy Mackenzie - JC

Was it Aaron Branham of East Ridge in 2004? Friend, Tackett, or Bentley in 2005? I have no idea about 2001.
Great post waldo also good luck to Clevenger at the next level!
Good job Clevenger for all the hard work time and effort you have put forth in your H.S. basketball career i know you would trade any personal award just to have taken your panthers to rupp.The next level takes more hard work and sacrifice!
Leonidas i also woud like to know 04 05 and 01 as well thanks for the update.
2009 - Matt Clevenger - Pikeville
2006 - Brad Lowe - PC
2005 - Aaron Branham - East Ridge
2004 - Chase Lyons - PC
2003 - Michael Hall - SF
2001 -
1999 -
1998 - J.R. VanHoose - Paintsville
1997 -
1996 - Jamie Hamilton - Pike Central
1995 - Jeremy Hall - Allen Central

I still don't remember '01.:igiveup:
Thanks leonidas that is quite a list of players that Clevenger is on. The 15th. region is rich in history with very good players!!!
jive75 Wrote:The coaches who voted must have thought Clevenger had the stats to back up their votes!

I know but they vote B4 the tourny
courtdog Wrote:great job Matt no one should have gotten any votes but you on this award great job.

no logan bryant should have got some votes if not beat matt. matt did have the stats but what has he accomplished as far as his team goes.
SwildcatV Wrote:no logan bryant should have got some votes if not beat matt. matt did have the stats but what has he accomplished as far as his team goes.

Once again, Im not sure why it is so difficult for a select few people to understand that this award is titled 15th region PLAYER of the year so it should have nothing to do with the accomplishments of anyone's team rather the accomplishments of the individual player. Im pretty sure the 15th region TEAM of the year was decided already in the finals of the regional tournamet. Not sure why this is such a hard concept to grasp.
Leonidas Wrote:2009 - Matt Clevenger - Pikeville
2006 - Brad Lowe - PC
2005 - Aaron Branham - East Ridge
2004 - Chase Lyons - PC
2003 - Michael Hall - SF
2001 -
1999 -
1998 - J.R. VanHoose - Paintsville
1997 -
1996 - Jamie Hamilton - Pike Central
1995 - Jeremy Hall - Allen Central

I still don't remember '01.:igiveup:
2001 was Shannon Akers.
Also, I would imagine that 1994 was Todd Conley. And 1993 would probably have been J.J. Hylton.
SwildcatV Wrote:no logan bryant should have got some votes if not beat matt. matt did have the stats but what has he accomplished as far as his team goes.

As far as his team goes, he devoted himself every year to that team. He started four or five years. In that time he practiced every day and played every game. He stayed after practice going the extra mile for his team, to help them win more games. I know when he was in 7 and 8 grade the janitors would let him in early to shoot. And when it came to games, he put his heart and soul into every game he played, doing everything he could to help his team win. He has been the only constant for six years. That is setting a good example to younger kids that even though the odds are against them, if they work hard at something they will be rewarded. That's what he gave his team.
Congratulations Matt !! You have had a fantastic career indeed.Lots of luck to you in what ever you choose to do.
courtdog Wrote:great job Matt no one should have gotten any votes but you on this award great job.

Hey buddy!!!!!!! Haven't seen you post anywhere I was in a long time!! You know who I would vote for. Also, since you probably dont know much about the players in this region, you would've said that about anyone who won except for Ian.

To Waldo,
I wasn't insulting him in any way if you read my post. There are players on JC that after a game I dont realize they scored as many points as they did. Sorry I didn't notice the kid. I remember the other two in the pic and one other. It isn't rude to him at all. That is just me simply not noticing him. Chill out. Maybe if I watched Pikeville more than once I would remember. And also, I congratulated him so dont jump me

Logan Bryant, Devan Adams, Head from Betsy Layne, Welch, no one else should have gotten a vote?