Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. 50 - Owsley Co. 37
Final Estill beats Owsley and will play Lee for the district championship friday night. Owsley won the first half, in the second half Estill started pulling away late in the 3rd quarter. Congrats Engineers and lets go get us a District Championship.

Hoover (Estill) 20 Points
Congrats Estill!
Congrats Estill;
This game was a lot closer than the final score says. Both teams played hard and both teams played really physical basketball without a lot of fouls.
Not much outside scoring tonight- it was a battle in the paint. I thought that Trey Wiseman stepped up big in the 4th on both ends of the court. I know that he has a bad ankle and I'm guessing that he played thru the pain. Great job Trey!
Congrats Estill and Great Job Trey; both teams played very hard. Great Job by both teams.
Estill and Lee. I think it will be a close game. Good luck cats.
Congrats Estill
great job Estill Co you played great and stayed within yourself good luck Friday. i miss #21 hang in there Kenton
Congrats Estill
Owsley started out strong and led by 6 after the 1st quarter, and only trailed by 1 after the 3rd. But they lost their composure in the 2nd qt. when they still had the lead. The crowd started chanting "air ball" after Evans missed a 3, and it seemed to get into his head. He forced some shots and, although he played hard, he never did get back in sync.
Once Estill got the lead early in the 4th qt. they spread the floor on offense and forced Owsley out of their zone, which had been effective all night against the Engineers. When Owsley went man defense, the Estill guards scored at will on dribble penetration.
Hoover and Cackling together had 37 points for Estill.
2/25/2009
Estill Co. 50 Owsley Co. 37

Owsley Co. 18 5 10 4 37

Estill Co. 12 10 12 16 50

56th District at Estill Co.
Owsley Co. (7-18) -- Evans 11, Williams 7, Murrell 5, T.Murrell 9, Peters 2, Johnson 3.
Estill Co. (13-14) -- Cackling 17, Hoover 20, Coffey 3, Wiseman 10.
Great Job Estill!!!!
Congrats Estill
Congrats Estill!!!
Good effort from Owsley tonight, Congrats Estill!
How many of you were at the game? i know i could not hold the tears back when the 3 players that were hurt got called out before the game. I know how much Kenton means to this team and his school he is just a great kid. And i think Estill Co is doing a great with the dist tournment.
courtdog Wrote:How many of you were at the game? i know i could not hold the tears back when the 3 players that were hurt got called out before the game. I know how much Kenton means to this team and his school he is just a great kid. And i think Estill Co is doing a great with the dist tournment.
I was there. That was very nice of the tournament people to do that. Estill's player had a season ending injury in a blind-sided punch in a game early this month, and the 2 Owsley player's seasons were ended by a second concussion in a short period of time for one, and the other broke his hand last week.
Looks like Estill bounced back from those two losses. Good for them. Good luck against Lee Co.
way to go Neers! great effort keeping your heads in the game and not letting the pressure of being down early get to you. congrats to both teams on a well played game. trey wiseman fought hard under the basket and really stepped up when we needed him to. of course a great job by hoovie and cack taking the ball to the basket and finishing strong. good luck in the distict championship and into the regional tournament!!!