Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 players in the state
Who are they?
I did a post like this.
But I'd have to go with John Hood,Gelawn Guyn,Ferguson(EC),Elijah Pittman,The Faulkner twins,The Johnson Brothers(Holmes),Kevin ?????(forget his last name but he is a guard from Seneca), and since I can't think of a better option, Richie Phares.
personaly I think Justice is better than both Faulkners.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:personaly I think Justice is better than both Faulkners.

I knew I would forget someone but I don't know much about him.
When Holmes played Paintsville in the Elite Eight last year, I was really impressed with Ricardo Johnson for Holmes. I think at the time he was just a Sophmore, but he's gotta be in the top 10 players in the state.
Overall though, I think the best player in the state has to be Jon Hood.
John Hood, best player in the state.
I would say that if anyone watched the All "A", then you definitely have to include Elisha Justice as a top 10 player in the state.
Tim Jones
No doubt that Elisha Justice is top 10. No doubt.
After watching the game. Justice should be there. And Bardstowns Jordan Hickman.With Justice or Valleys other guards Hickman still managed to get 21 pts.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:After watching the game. Justice should be there. And Bardstowns Jordan Hickman.With Justice or Valleys other guards Hickman still managed to get 21 pts.

Hickman played a great game, he forced a lot of his shots, but he played an awesome game against a tough Valley defense.
Here's my Top Ten, Jon Hood being the #1. The rest are in no particular order.
Jon Hood-Madisonville North Hopkins
Ricardo Johnson-Holmes
Jacob Jenkins-DuPont Manual
Richie Phares-Scott Co.
CJ Penny-Anderson Co.
Ge'lawn Guyn-Scott Co.
Darren Ballou-Adair Co.
Jonathan Ferguson-Elliot Co.
Ethan Faulkner-Elliot Co.
Dakotah Euton-Scott Co.
Elisha Justice has be considered as one of the Top Players.IMO
Justice is, I dont know how you people are leaving him out
Pupaw Wrote:Here's my Top Ten, Jon Hood being the #1. The rest are in no particular order.
Ricardo Johnson-Holmes
Richie Phares-Scott Co.
CJ Penny-Anderson Co.
Ge'lawn Guyn-Scott Co.
Darren Ballou-Adair Co.

Dakotah Euton-Scott Co.

After the game today, you can't put these two on here without putting Elisha Justice on the list, unless you forgot or as biased against Valley as anyone.
Probably a kid in the Top 5 that I forgot to list was Vee Sanford from Lexington Catholic. I don't know how I forgot him.
There is basketball played outside of Eastern KY. I could have added Pittman (Holmes), Jackson (Scott Co.), Justice (Valley), Hickman (Bardstown), Whitaker (Hazard) and I'm sure that there are some other talented players in the Lexington or Louisville area that I left out that could also make a case for being in the Top 10.
I offered my list of players who I thought were the top 10, let's see your list.
In no order

Jon Hood
Ricardo Johnson
Dakotah Euton
Ge'lawn Guyn
Elisha Justice
Vee Sanford
Jonathon Ferguson
Darren Ballou
Pittman from Holmes
Jacob Jenkins
Thats a good list, just goes to show that there is alot of talent state-wide.
Pupaw Wrote:Thats a good list, just goes to show that there is alot of talent state-wide.

No disrespect to your list, but when your team wins a state championship of any kind, you have to have at least 1 player in contention for the top player in the state.
I think that Vee Sanford is the best no doubt about it
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:personaly I think Justice is better than both Faulkners.

I agree, with what I saw in Richmond this is more than an opinion, It's a fact, I really don't know how anyone could see it any different.:p
Big Grin
Pupaw Wrote:Here's my Top Ten, Jon Hood being the #1. The rest are in no particular order.
Ricardo Johnson-Holmes
Richie Phares-Scott Co.
CJ Penny-Anderson Co.
Ge'lawn Guyn-Scott Co.
Darren Ballou-Adair Co.
Dakotah Euton-Scott Co.

I AGREE
ky wildcats Wrote:Big Grin

I AGREE

You would, but I'm just saying after the game today there is know way that 2 you have on your list is better than the Justice boy from SV.:dontthink
justabballfan Wrote:I agree, with what I saw in Richmond this is more than an opinion, It's a fact, I really don't know how anyone could see it any different.:p

Coming into the game, many Elliott fans said they would put both Faulkner's on Justice and it would eat him alive. They basically threw everything but the kitchen sink at Elisha and couldn't do a thing about him. Elisha is definitely the better player out of the 3.
justabballfan Wrote:You would, but I'm just saying after the game today there is know way that 2 you have on your list is better than the Justice boy from SV.:dontthink

Exactly, you cannot put the Faulkner's or Ferguson on a top 10 list unless it's seniors and not include EJ.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Coming into the game, many Elliott fans said they would put both Faulkner's on Justice and it would eat him alive. They basically threw everything but the kitchen sink at Elisha and couldn't do a thing about him. Elisha is definitely the better player out of the 3.

Exactly, you must have watched the same game I did, to me there is no comparison here looked to me he was played at higher level than both of them . :thumpsup:
justabballfan Wrote:Exactly, you must have watched the same game I did, to me there is no comparison here looked to me he was played at higher level than both of them . :thumpsup:

Your posts are so back and forth about Valley I don't know if you're kidding here or not, but IMO, he looked 2 times better than the "big three" for Elliott.
justabballfan Wrote:You would, but I'm just saying after the game today there is know way that 2 you have on your list is better than the Justice boy from SV.:dontthink

Im not at all knocking this kid (justice) he is a very very good player athletic jumps very well and is quick as lighting. I IMO I think that ETHAN is a better point guard. As far as Ferguson goes they dont even play the same postion, he is a scorer. I personally dont think Justice can shoot or score the ball like Ferguson can. They too have similarities though they can both jump and are very quick. Once again im not knocking this kid i would love to have him in Sandy Hook but just like your heart belongs to Valley mine belongs to the Lions. :Clap:
ky wildcats Wrote:Im not at all knocking this kid (justice) he is a very very good player athletic jumps very well and is quick as lighting. I IMO I think that ETHAN is a better point guard. As far as Ferguson goes they dont even play the same postion, he is a scorer. I personally dont think Justice can shoot or score the ball like Ferguson can. They too have similarities though they can both jump and are very quick. Once again im not knocking this kid i would love to have him in Sandy Hook but just like your heart belongs to Valley mine belongs to the Lions. :Clap:

But our boy just outperformed yours today basically being double teamed by the twins the entire time he had the ball.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Your posts are so back and forth about Valley I don't know if you're kidding here or not, but IMO, he looked 2 times better than the "big three" for Elliott.

No kidding on this topic thats for sure!!!!