Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 75 - Lawrence Co. 70
Congrats JCHS, any stats?
I get so tired of teams complaining about the refs; it's no secret that we have very few refs who do a good job, but come on......whine, whine, whine. Give it a rest. You got beat by 5 points. I don't think either team looked all that great.

Learn from it and work harder. But then again, it's probably not even the players who are on on here complaining. It's all the ........ well never mind.
MR. Slate Wrote:I thought Tanner Bratton was the diffrence in the game late. He brought a little fire into the team with 5 minutes left in the game. He will play defense and play hard everytime he hits the floor.
On a side note, the alley oop from whitaker to Welch was one of the best dunks i have seen in high school in a couple of years.
I agree with you 100%, but the second dunk attempt was just plain stupid. In that situation you lay the ball up, get the sure two points, and then go play defense. End of story!!
TheONLY1 Wrote:Hopefully central doesn't forget there refs at home if they make it to rupp Mr.kimball Smile
It's a package deal.Rolleyes
MR. Slate Wrote:I thought Tanner Bratton was the diffrence in the game late. He brought a little fire into the team with 5 minutes left in the game. He will play defense and play hard everytime he hits the floor.
On a side note, the alley oop from whitaker to Welch was one of the best dunks i have seen in high school in a couple of years.

Obviously you haven't watched any games outside of the mountains then.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I agree with you 100%, but the second dunk attempt was just plain stupid. In that situation you lay the ball up, get the sure two points, and then go play defense. End of story!!
Correct me if I am wrong, but why was that not a technical foul? Since when are you allowed to go up and grab the rim with one hand and pull yourself up to try and dunk it??? :confused:
Creeker Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but why was that not a technical foul? Since when are you allowed to go up and grab the rim with one hand and pull yourself up to try and dunk it??? :confused:
I think you are correct on that.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:It's a package deal.Rolleyes

Yea I'd hope. A double T gets called you all get free throws and we don't, welch hangs on the rim after he misses the dunk and trys to catch the ball an put it back in. Thats a technical. The refs called I think 23 fouls on us and 14 on JC.
Creeker Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but why was that not a technical foul? Since when are you allowed to go up and grab the rim with one hand and pull yourself up to try and dunk it??? :confused:

I've seen alot nicer dunks then that dunk lol. Up here at elliot county thats all we do. Smile
TheONLY1 Wrote:Yea I'd hope. A double T gets called you all get free throws and we don't, welch hangs on the rim after he misses the dunk and trys to catch the ball an put it back in. Thats a technical. The refs called I think 23 fouls on us and 14 on JC.

Okay, you obviously weren't there so I'll explain it. A foul was called against LC when Parker was shooting. AFTER that a double technical was called which offsets each other. Parker's free throws were for the foul before the technicals.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Yea I'd hope. A double T gets called you all get free throws and we don't, welch hangs on the rim after he misses the dunk and trys to catch the ball an put it back in. Thats a technical. The refs called I think 23 fouls on us and 14 on JC.

the free throwc jc shot was from the foul before the t's were called...
TheONLY1 Wrote:I've seen alot nicer dunks then that dunk lol. Up here at elliot county thats all we do. Smile

Well, seeing that you are not from "Up here in Elliott Co" , I doubt that that is all you do.Rolleyes
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:the free throwc jc shot was from the foul before the t's were called...

He's talking about the 2nd dunk that Welch attempted.
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:the free throwc jc shot was from the foul before the t's were called...

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaa SUUUURREEEEEEEE
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Well, seeing that you are not from "Up here in Elliott Co" , I doubt that that is all you do.Rolleyes

Why are you trying to say Im not from Elliot county
LC had multiple players with 4 fouls and 1 player fouled out and it had nothing to do with sloppy defense. The refs only knew how to blow the wistle on one side of the floor. I even heard JC fans talkin about it after the game. Pathetic!!!!
I didn't plan on complaining, but it was pathetic. I don't see how a ref can take away from a high school team that goes out and fights their tails off every game. I think some refs need to grow up and stop treating the players wrong that play on teams they don't particularly like.
This thread will be closed if it gets out of hand.
great game and good win for JC. Way to prove your the best team in the district once again Eagles.
wow....
Both teams played hard till the end JC came out with the Win but the refs were a factor for Lc...... what was the jv score i didnt make it in time to see that one
dawgfight17 Wrote:Both teams played hard till the end JC came out with the Win but the refs were a factor for Lc...... what was the jv score i didnt make it in time to see that one

Did JV win or lose?
Strike two.

Stop calling each other out and keep the discussion on the game.

Don't make it personal.
Frasher fouled out mid third quarter and that really hurt LC but dont get me wrong when these two teams play each other its likely to be a toss up.
dawgfight17 Wrote:frasher fould out mid third quarter and that really hurt lc but dont get me wrong when these two teams play each other its likely to be a toss up

Agreed. If i was a JC fan i still wouldn't think I have the district sealed after two victories over LC. It was a five point game both times.
Sounds like a very good game. Congrats Eagles on a big win!
LCthug Wrote:Agreed. If i was a JC fan i still wouldn't think I have the district sealed after two victories over LC. It was a five point game both times.

Sooo that means JC is 10 points better? lolBig Grin
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:Sooo that means JC is 10 points better? lolBig Grin

Please make sense I dont see where you are coming from sir.Rolleyes
dawgfight17 Wrote:Please make sense I dont see where you are coming from sir.Rolleyes
I believe he was just being a little bit sarcastic.
FBALL Wrote:I believe he was just being a little bit sarcastic.

thanks.....