Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2009
Raceland looses its "bread and butter" with Denton and Carver graduating. Also graduating is QB/SS Tyler Boyles, WR/DB Todd Selvage, WR/DB Brian Tolliver, O/DL Cody Chinn, O/DL/LB Kory Baldridge, TE Thomas Watson and kicker Tate Preston. They will also lose Sabastian Johanssen. They had several JRs and SOs that got alot of playing time this year, here's what i expect the line up to look like.

Offense
QB-Tyler Farley
RB-Cody Kelly
RB-Michael Litteral/Ralph Burchett/Dylan Skaggs
WR-Loren Huffman/Sam Hineman
WR-Bobby McKee/Marcus Reed
WR-Marcus Reed/Ralph Burchett
RT-Eddie Cumpton
RG-Rodney Salyers
C-Cody Grant
LG-Rocky Jobe
LT-Austin Johnson
KR-Michael Litteral
P-Rocky Jobe

Defense
DL-Rocky Jobe
DL-Rodney Salyers
DL-Cody Grant
DL-Austin Johnson
LB-Eddie Cumpton
LB-Cody Kelly
LB-Dylan Skaggs/Michael Litteral
DB-Johny Schearer
DB-Daniel Jones
DB-Loren Huffman
DB-Bobby McKee
K-Rocky Jobe

The Rams have some experience at the line, and even with the loss of Johanssen and Logan they should be more than okay upfront. You may see a little more of a run and gun offense but they will be more than able to run the ball. I predict they will have winning season by 3 or 4 games. They play a tougher of sched next year, but they should still win a majority of their games. Good luck Rams!
6-4
I would really like to see Raceland next year get over the hump and defeat a good LCA team. Raceland has a lot of hoes to fill like a lot of other teams in class A.
5-5 but could see 6-4. Need to replace alot and yea I am a Rams fan....
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
bac2369 Wrote:I would really like to see Raceland next year get over the hump and defeat a good LCA team. Raceland has a lot of hoes to fill like a lot of other teams in class A.
I've got a good comment for this one but I can't use it. Big Grin

I know its a typo but its funny.
FBALL I know the Rams can rely on you support next season. In secret of course.Big Grin
FBALL Wrote:I've got a good comment for this one but I can't use it. Big Grin

I know its a typo but its funny.

We see where your mind is all the time. LOL
What does the schedule look like for next year?
Ashland
Flemming County(i've heard)
Fairview
Lexington Christian
Greenup County
Paris
Paintsville
Nicholas County
Russell
Boyd County(i've heard)

Not possitive if the order is correct, but i heard they replaced the carter county schools with Flemming and Boyd Counties. I think they'll win 7 games. Other than LCA their district isn't very strong. They could win 2 playoffs games, they'll probably get 2nd in the district then have to play LCA again in the Region. Which LCA should be very very good next year. They return alot and loose very little. They should be the heavy favorite in the South Bracket next year. But thats why the games are played.
I think that the last three years things have gotten alot more competitive in the Single A bracket, at least from the third round on. With Raceland, LCA, and Hazard playing to with in 7 pts of each other this year. Then Hazard playing so well against Beechwood. Thats speaks volumes of our Bracket. Beechwood isn't the only Big Dawg any more. I think its just a matter of time before they get knocked off. I have alot of respect for Bwoods tradition. But i'd like to see one of the south teams get a few titles. Good luck to all teams next year!
BO1988 Wrote:I think that the last three years things have gotten alot more competitive in the Single A bracket, at least from the third round on. With Raceland, LCA, and Hazard playing to with in 7 pts of each other this year. Then Hazard playing so well against Beechwood. Thats speaks volumes of our Bracket. Beechwood isn't the only Big Dawg any more. I think its just a matter of time before they get knocked off. I have alot of respect for Bwoods tradition. But i'd like to see one of the south teams get a few titles. Good luck to all teams next year!

I agree 110%. The east side of the bracket has more competitive teams. Raceland, LCA, Hazard all could of beat Beechwood this year. I believe the west is down.
Yeah the west bracket is down alot. Honestly, neither Bracket is very competitive until the 3rd round. But it makes me wonder what happened to Frankfurt, Mayfield, or Bellvue. All of those teams used to be really competitive in the playoffs. not saying they weren't all good football teams, but they weren't has strong as in years past. I'd like to see someone step up and atleast challenge Beechwood for the region title. The 3 or the 4 most competitive teams were in the same bracket. Hazard, Raceland, LCA all of the games from the region on were decided by 7 pts. I think single A is starting to shape up into some good playoff football. Atleast in the last three rounds.
BO1988 Wrote:Yeah the west bracket is down alot. Honestly, neither Bracket is very competitive until the 3rd round. But it makes me wonder what happened to Frankfurt, Mayfield, or Bellvue. All of those teams used to be really competitive in the playoffs. not saying they weren't all good football teams, but they weren't has strong as in years past. I'd like to see someone step up and atleast challenge Beechwood for the region title. The 3 or the 4 most competitive teams were in the same bracket. Hazard, Raceland, LCA all of the games from the region on were decided by 7 pts. I think single A is starting to shape up into some good playoff football. Atleast in the last three rounds.

I agree with you. Mayfield is a team with a lot of tradition and i believe they will soon be back into contension for the class a title. I believe frankfort will be much better next season as well and challenge beechwood finally. I do not know what Crittedean County has coming back but i think they will be a good team as well.
What does everyone think the team will look like this year? Alot of underclassmen got to see good playing time. Here's how it could play out

QB-
Tyler Farley or Marcus Reed

RBs(several options)
Ralph Burchett, Mike Litteral, Dylan Skaggs, Marcus Reed,

FBs
Cody Kelly(smash mouth style of player)
Brian Caudill(big boy)

WR
Bobby McKee, Jeremy Barr, Marcuss Reed, Bobby McKee

Line
Rodney Salyers(6'1 300)
Cody Grant(6'0 250)
Eddie Cumpton(6'0 210)
Austin Johnson(6'2 250)
Luke Bonzo(6'0 190)

LB
Cody Kelly and some holes to fill

DBs
Bobby McKee, Scotty Craft, Jeremy Barr, Loren Huffman, Sam Hineman
Daniel Jones, John Shearer

This team has all the elements to have a great season, its just a matter of if they can step it up in the weight room and spring workouts as well as the 12-1 team did.

I predict around a 7-3 season, because of a little bit of a tougher schedule in 09. I still think they'll make a good playoff run and possibly see LCA again in the regional final.

Thoughts?
What is the class breakdown for the 09 season? I heard they had a really talented JV team last year. Any chances the success continues at a high level on the varsity?
I dont know much about the Raceland football team but i believe they will beat LCA next year but not in the regular season. I believe they will stun a LCA team in the playoff who will be over looking them.
BO1988 Wrote:Raceland looses its "bread and butter" with Denton and Carver graduating. Also graduating is QB/SS Tyler Boyles, WR/DB Todd Selvage, WR/DB Brian Tolliver, O/DL Cody Chinn, O/DL/LB Kory Baldridge, TE Thomas Watson and kicker Tate Preston. They will also lose Sabastian Johanssen. They had several JRs and SOs that got alot of playing time this year, here's what i expect the line up to look like.

Offense
QB-Tyler Farley
RB-Cody Kelly
RB-Michael Litteral/Ralph Burchett/Dylan Skaggs
WR-Loren Huffman/Sam Hineman
WR-Bobby McKee/Marcus Reed
WR-Marcus Reed/Ralph Burchett
RT-Eddie Cumpton
RG-Rodney Salyers
C-Cody Grant
LG-Rocky Jobe
LT-Austin Johnson
KR-Michael Litteral
P-Rocky Jobe

Defense
DL-Rocky Jobe
DL-Rodney Salyers
DL-Cody Grant
DL-Austin Johnson
LB-Eddie Cumpton
LB-Cody Kelly
LB-Dylan Skaggs/Michael Litteral
DB-Johny Schearer
DB-Daniel Jones
DB-Loren Huffman
DB-Bobby McKee
K-Rocky Jobe

The Rams have some experience at the line, and even with the loss of Johanssen and Logan they should be more than okay upfront. You may see a little more of a run and gun offense but they will be more than able to run the ball. I predict they will have winning season by 3 or 4 games. They play a tougher of sched next year, but they should still win a majority of their games. Good luck Rams!

You forgot about probably the most important player IMO. Robbie Logan, he was their best lineman on both sides of the ball. Also, Paintsville is not on the schedule in 09/10. Raceland will be tough, as long as Vanderhoof is at Raceland they will be a class "A" contender.
I think the Barr kid will be in the backfield next year. From the looks of the kid he may be all over the field. I've seen him play basketball. They don't come any more hard nosed than this kid.
Raceland also recently picked up another transfer from GC. Mason Rister i believe is the name. He plays quarterback, so I'd say the job will either go to him or Farley. I think Reed will be at WR maybe some RB. He's fast, a good rout runner, and has really good hands. I hope Raceland comes out and has a good showing in the weight room like this past years team did a year ago. The off season is really where all the growth is done. During the season, it seems that is where the mental aspect comes into play. Right now its about getting stronger, faster, and quicker feet and hands. Its hard to progress in strength during the season, RAMS keep the mindset that you had last year. TAKE CARE OF BIZNESS. You have alot to prove. Get out there and show the state that the last few years were a statement of things to come. Grab your lunch box, clock in and get to work. No one thinks you'll get past the region EVER. Prove em' wrong and break that blasted curse!!!!
The Barr kid just looks like an outstanding athlete. He put up 17 pts and pulled down 18 rebounds a week ago in his best basketball outing to date. I know its a completely different situation, but it takes some good aggression to pull down 18 bords. Looks like he'll be a great asset.
Has the latest transfer already moved into the district?
yes. his in and playing basketball as mentioned before. I saw him play a few nights ago. He is extremely athletic and very aggressive. He will likely see ample backfield time. It looks as if the Rams are shaping up to have some much awaited for depth next year. They've gotten a few transfers. with Barr(rb/wr/lb)...Mason Rister(qb/wr)...Jett Troxler(wr/db)...and i recently heared of another transfer from New York. I don't know if there's any truth to it, but they say that he is quick. From what I've heard, Raceland could be fine at the skills position with nearly 4 guys vying for every position. I can't wait for August. If anyone has any info on the New York kid...please comment.
I was talking about the Rister kid? I knew he had enrolled just wasn't sure if they had moved into the district yet. If he hasn't moved and has already enrolled he will have to sit out a year.
BBB Wrote:I was talking about the Rister kid? I knew he had enrolled just wasn't sure if they had moved into the district yet. If he hasn't moved and has already enrolled he will have to sit out a year.

The Rister kid has moved into district and everything is good. He will be eligable next year. and no matter where he plays he will be a great attribute.
Raceland will have a solid team, but nothing outstanding. I think it's funny how many people post of this website that don't understand football. They lost too many good players to have high expectations guys. I disagree about their district being bad, in my opinion best district in single A. Fairview is not going away with a solid coaching staff and several players returning, LCA is always going to be good, Nicholas and Paris both compete and will be better. Anyway glad all these kids are transferring in but they all have to be ruled eligible first and then you have to worry about team chemistry. Good luck to the Rams but I see them at 6 or 7 wins a solid year but nothing what some people are saying.
bac2369 Wrote:I dont know much about the Raceland football team but i believe they will beat LCA next year but not in the regular season. I believe they will stun a LCA team in the playoff who will be over looking them.

I'd love to see Raceland and Hazard lock horns. I was hoping for it this year. Hopefully we'll get to see that around week 4 of the playoffs this year.
russellpride Wrote:Raceland will have a solid team, but nothing outstanding. I think it's funny how many people post of this website that don't understand football. They lost too many good players to have high expectations guys. I disagree about their district being bad, in my opinion best district in single A. Fairview is not going away with a solid coaching staff and several players returning, LCA is always going to be good, Nicholas and Paris both compete and will be better. Anyway glad all these kids are transferring in but they all have to be ruled eligible first and then you have to worry about team chemistry. Good luck to the Rams but I see them at 6 or 7 wins a solid year but nothing what some people are saying.

Raceland did lose alot of outstanding football players. But thanks to several one sided games last season, many of the youngsters got ample playing time. This will come in handy for the Rams. I agree with you about the district. Not many districts in the state, let alone in 1A, can produce 3 second round play off teams and 2 3rd round play off teams. I think LCA will be a hard one to stop next year, but if Raceland can get a chemistry going early, I think they will fair better against the pass this year. They have attained some more speed in the off season, and as far as I know, all the kids that have transfered will be eligible. I think the only one who is up in the air is Jett Troxler and he will definitely be eligible by mid-late July, for sure by the 1st or 2nd week of the season, or atleast thats what I have been told. The Rams have the ability to be a 8 or 9 win team this year. They have alot of depth, which is a very good thing. I think they could shock some people this year, but that could be wishful thinking. But I would like to say to some that I have heard in this area. This was no fluke at Raceland this year. Things have been moving in a positive direction for about 5 years now. The last 5 years Raceland has accumulated a record of 48-23 winning 5 play off games out of 11 and 4 of those losses come to state champs or runner ups. Hopefully Raceland can come out and "shock the world" or atleast the state this year. Their schedule remains tough enough in the non-district games that it will prepare them for the post season. The only games that won't have a "playoff" atmosphere is the Fleming County game, they don't have much of a rivalry with them, but it should be a good challege for the Rams, early on in the season.
Cody Grant is the only one on Racelands o-line that has any experience.
Eddie Cumpton got a great amount of playing time last year on both sides of the ball. He's around 6 ft and goes around 210 or so but he is quick and he's very strong.
Whats there skill guys look like, do they have any returning experience there