Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 77 - Sheldon Clark 74
Final from the first round of the All-A tournament @ the Expo.

Great first-half from Jody Tackett with 24 points at halftime. Alex Stumbo had a nice overall game finishing with 16 points. Blackcats were up 59-39 at one point in the 3rd quarter. They slacked off and the Cards took advantage of it and clawed back into the game but it wasn't enough in the end.

Congrats Blackcats!
congrats blackcats!

can't wait for the match up between them and phelps tuesday!
it's going to be a great game!
Congrats P-Burg
Congrats P-Burg..sounds like a good one
I am confused on this "All A basketball and football" How can a school be ranked a 1A or 2A in football but then the 2A football school come back and be ranked a 1A in basketball?
UK Wildcat Wrote:I am confused on this "All A basketball and football" How can a school be ranked a 1A or 2A in football but then the 2A football school come back and be ranked a 1A in basketball?

The All A is not done by the KHSAA
Sheldon Clark 13 17 9 35 74

Prestonsburg 23 19 13 22 77

All 'A' Classic 15th Region
Quarterfinals at Pikeville
Sheldon Clark (7-8) -- Moore 19, Porter 21, Meade 10, Lafferty 18, Damron 2, Chapman 2, Harris 2.
Prestonsburg (8-7) -- Stumbo 16, Patrick 12, Burchett 5, Tackett 32, Jamerson 2, Tincher 10
Prestonsburg played really well in the first 3 quarters, but once they got up by 20 they got lazy on defense and SC hit all their open 3's in the 4th quarter as you can tell from the stats they scored 35 points in the 4th quarter. SC's BJ Moore played excellent defense on Burchett all night long, but that left Tackett, Stumbo, and Patrick open for some shots which really led Pburg to the victory.

Congrats Blackcats, great effort Cardinals!
G/L to the Blackcats rest of the way. SC never gave up in this game but what killed them was #12 from pburg he was on fire and was hitting everything he was putting up he had 22 of the teams first 26 points
Nice win by P-burg.
Also something that may have made the game different is pburgs 36 free throw attemps to SCs 12....kinda lop sided!!
Tackett is a great player! congrats P-burg!
Congrats pburg. I said in my predicition for this game I thought Tackett and Burchett would be to much for SC but looks like they shut Burchett down however Tackett had a great game. I think the foul difference was the styles of play, Pburg goes to the basket while SC relied to much on outside shooting, most teams don't get fouls outside the three point line.
heard it was a good game good luck p burg
fan_14 Wrote:Also something that may have made the game different is pburgs 36 free throw attemps to SCs 12....kinda lop sided!!

Yes. But most of those foul shots for P-burg came in the 4th when SC was fouling to get back in the game. It worked too. I know P-burg missed five in a row at one point during the 4th. If they don't start hitting their free throws down the stretch, alot of teams will be able to get back into games by fouling. IMO
Good comeback by the Cards, they never quit even when down 20 in the second half. SC lost this game due to shot selection in the last couple minutes. When its down to the wire and its winning time either Porter or Moore has to have the ball.
devilhead Wrote:Good comeback by the Cards, they never quit even when down 20 in the second half. SC lost this game due to shot selection in the last couple minutes. When its down to the wire and its winning time either Porter or Moore has to have the ball.

Sheldon Clark was making their shots in the end. They lost because their hole was dug too deep to start the 4th quarter being down 20. They made a great comeback, but the Blackcats made the free-throws and shots that they had to make to hold off the Cards.