Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry 2 Hazard 0 (Forfeit)
[url=http://14thregionbasketball.webs.com/][/url]

Due to a forfeit.
Why did they forfeit any info on this?
Probably because of Hazard going to the state championship in football and not wanting to lose anyone for that. Might have something to do with what happened between HHS and BHS. That'd be my guess.
yea does anyone know why they had to forfeit
I am assuming it dealt with all the players going to the state final for football and to add on to that Whitaker appears to be hurt. Not a good mixture for a win or even a close game. Don't understand why it just wasn't reschduled
I don't understand this move????
It's my understanding that Hazard asked if the game could be rescheduled due to going to state this week and Perry flatly refused. I think this is a shame. Hazard cancelled all their basketball games this week, both boys and girls, because of the state tourn. and I'm sure that Perry was the only one that refused to reschedule.
Ya know, I'm glad Hazard made it to the championship game and wish them the best of luck. But how does a Tuesday night basketball game affect a Friday night football game. Fans have more than enough time to get down there and watch the Dawgs on Friday night. Sounds like an excuse to me because they know they don't possibly stand a chance without their football players. But that's over now so best of luck to both teams in the future and to the Dawgs this Friday night.
Kinda sad to hear this.
Classy move on not agreeing to reschedule it.
Guarantee this game would have been played if they had Whitaker...Seen him and he is on crutches! Oh well, I am a Big Al fan, so if Big Al says to go ahead and forfeit, then I am right behind him, lol!
By agreeing to this, imagine how much gate money was lost!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:It's my understanding that Hazard asked if the game could be rescheduled due to going to state this week and Perry flatly refused. I think this is a shame. Hazard cancelled all their basketball games this week, both boys and girls, because of the state tourn. and I'm sure that Perry was the only one that refused to reschedule.

Does this include the game in the Farm Bureau Classic at the Expo Center?
Card_Fan Wrote:Ya know, I'm glad Hazard made it to the championship game and wish them the best of luck. But how does a Tuesday night basketball game affect a Friday night football game. Fans have more than enough time to get down there and watch the Dawgs on Friday night. Sounds like an excuse to me because they know they don't possibly stand a chance without their football players. But that's over now so best of luck to both teams in the future and to the Dawgs this Friday night.

Not that it matters, but Hazard plays Friday morning at 11am. Just to clear that up! Thanks!!
Sounds more like Perry is having a hard time chewing with Hazard going to state in Football. The Perry coach needs to remember what goes around comes around. Should have rescheduled. Good Luck Dawgs !!! We will be cheering you on from home.
I hope they make plans to play at a later date. I was really looking forward to watching this one.
I'm a Hazard fan, but it was wrong not to play this game. If Hazard loses so what. No excuses here I think it comes down to hate between the top officials.
Shame on you Hazard.
Perry wouldn't have gained anything by playing this game. Perry is one of the top teams in the region along with Hazard and Knott. Beating Hazard short handed wouldn't have helped Perry at all. They shouldn't have wanted to play either.
The KHSAA should do a better job not letting the seasons overlap. HAzard should have still played the game because it was scheduled but I think the KHSAA is at fault on this one becasue a team shouldnt have to take losses becasue they have a good football team and the made it to the finals. JMOP
zulu Wrote:I'm a Hazard fan, but it was wrong not to play this game. If Hazard loses so what. No excuses here I think it comes down to hate between the top officials.
Shame on you Hazard.

i cant beleive a hazard fan said this..but i agree 100% and if PCC would have made it to papa johns and cancelled i would be just as angry... if they had played and lost thats not that bad if they didnt have there players.
Hazard tried to reschedule this game and it's a shame that PCC was unwilling to do so. Up to this point we have played a few basketball games and have been forced to start two 8th graders because so many of our boys play both sports and simply can't dress for basketball while still involved in football! If the game had been played, our bench was further shortened by the fact Josh Whitaker is now on crutches with a aprained ankle and anothe boy has an injured leg! We definitely are not trying to not meet our obligations and if the table were turned and PCC asked for a similar reschedule, I am sure we would have obliged!

Go Bulldogs, beat Beechwood!!!
The games will matter more in March!!! Who care about this one game, I don't!!! I agree they should have played with what they had as well, but we don't make the decisions. Let's move on!! Good luck at state Dawgs!!
if whitaker would have been playin they would have had no problem playing
Lets break this down then let it go.

PCC is at full strength

Hazard would have been without:

Josh Whitaker
Michael Campbell
Josh Kidd
Corey Martin
Zach Blanton
BJ Combs
Allan Fugate
Todd Whitson
Jonathan Combs
Dylan Baker
Clint Clemons

That leaves Justin Jones, Robert Warren, four 8th graders, two freshmen & one sophomore.

What would EITHER team have gained from this game?

Hazard would have gotten some experience for their 8th graders and freshmen.

PCC would have proven that their whole full strength team could beat two from Hazard.

It probably WOULD have made a difference if Josh Whitaker was playing, Hazard actually had a chance to beat PCC if he was playing.
it doesnt matter take the loss and play better then next game
They took the loss
House Wrote:They took the loss

:thatsfunn

That's what I was thinking!!!
It should have be rescheduled !! Seems as if Perry County doesnt want to do anything nice when it comes to Hazard !! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!
KyGurl Wrote:It should have be rescheduled !! Seems as if Perry County doesnt want to do anything nice when it comes to Hazard !! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!
come on now
king360 Wrote:it doesnt matter take the loss and play better then next game

Yeah, congrats to Perry on their huge winBig Grin