Poll: Who wins this battle?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
79.33%
Breathitt
20.67%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County @ Belfry (3A Semi-Finals)
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:But that would be against board rules.........so I have been told.

It is!... LOL... You were told correctly!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:But that would be against board rules.........so I have been told.

Just a joke. A little sarcasm.
phs1986 Wrote:It is!... LOL... You were told correctly!

Really? Why can't you have more than one account? What is the reasoning behind that? Just curious.

Oh, and for the record, EKU and I are not the same person, nor even related as far as I know.
im going to Say Belfry by 1 TD
ukcatfan88 Wrote:Dave Cantrall's Rating the State in the Lexington paper is not normally what I'd consider a great source of information, but if you look at the team's rankings, BHS is about 10 points higher than Breathitt. I cannot find the latest one because that web site is horrible, but from what I can remember, BHS was 20+ points higher than Russell and SC. And they won both by 20+. So BHS should win by 10 or so. I'll say 14. 28-14. And SC shouldn't have even scored. It was a class move by Hager to keep the starters in when it was obvious BHS called off the dogs. I'm shocked he didn't call time out and try to run an onside kick. With 6 minutes left, Haywood sent in the second team and ran the ball straight into the line 4 times. Don't cha think he could have ran another in? Sure. And the way SC acted on the field, I would have. I know they are kids, but they were pretty classless at times, and that starts at the top, sorry to say. :redboxer:

i thought this thread was about breathitt and belfry.. i think you need to leave sc out of this one.. our boys are not classless, and none of our coaches are..
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Really? Why can't you have more than one account? What is the reasoning behind that? Just curious.

Oh, and for the record, EKU and I are not the same person, nor even related as far as I know.

Like I said, I was just joking. Since the comment had been made about a couple of the posts being similar, I was just playing around and pointing out the fact that it seems that great minds think alike.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Really? Why can't you have more than one account? What is the reasoning behind that? Just curious.

LOL... I know that you aren't the same person... BUT to answer your initial question... maybe this will help... RULE NUMBER 7

7. Multiple accounts are easily detectable are will not be tolerated for any reason. If you are seen with a second account you will be warned, and perhaps temporarily suspended. Failure to follow this rule again will result in a permanent ban from the site.

Belfry can beat Breathitt in a close one,,Very close!!!! I'll say this as nice as i can,,, If Belfry wins the day and moves on to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! They can win against central in 5 ways. #1 Recognize Central as a true competitor. #2 Control the line of scrimmage. #3 Use every weapon in the arsenal that Belfry has had for the last two yrs!!!! Aside from the three that are not there now. #4 Play the game you have played that got you to where you are!!!!!!!! #5 COACHES!!! REMEMBER WHAT GOT YOU TO WHERE YOU ARE OR ARE GOING TO BE!!!!!! In other words GO BACK TO #4 Smile
phs1986 Wrote:LOL... I know that you aren't the same person... BUT to answer your initial question... maybe this will help... RULE NUMBER 7

7. Multiple accounts are easily detectable are will not be tolerated for any reason. If you are seen with a second account you will be warned, and perhaps temporarily suspended. Failure to follow this rule again will result in a permanent ban from the site.
Thanks, PHS, but it really doesn't answer my question, which was:

What is the reasoning behind it? Why can't you have multiple accounts?
madmann1 Wrote:Belfry can beat Breathitt in a close one,,Very close!!!! I'll say this as nice as i can,,, If Belfry wins the day and moves on to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! They can win against central in 5 ways. #1 Recognize Central as a true competitor. #2 Control the line of scrimmage. #3 Use every weapon in the arsenal that Belfry has had for the last two yrs!!!! Aside from the three that are not there now. #4 Play the game you have played that got you to where you are!!!!!!!! #5 COACHES!!! REMEMBER WHAT GOT YOU TO WHERE YOU ARE OR ARE GOING TO BE!!!!!! In other words GO BACK TO #4 Smile

??????....Maybe we should worry about Central if and when they get to Louisville, and if and when Belfry gets to Louisville.
madmann1 Wrote:Belfry can beat Breathitt in a close one,,Very close!!!! I'll say this as nice as i can,,, If Belfry wins the day and moves on to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! They can win against central in 5 ways. #1 Recognize Central as a true competitor. #2 Control the line of scrimmage. #3 Use every weapon in the arsenal that Belfry has had for the last two yrs!!!! Aside from the three that are not there now. #4 Play the game you have played that got you to where you are!!!!!!!! #5 COACHES!!! REMEMBER WHAT GOT YOU TO WHERE YOU ARE OR ARE GOING TO BE!!!!!! In other words GO BACK TO #4 Smile

Whew, thank God you posted that now while the coaches still have time to get ready. Big Grin

Somebody fwd this to Coach Haywood, STAT.
If Belfry can't contain Channing Fugate, this will be a very close game. However, if Belfry can stop him, im pickin Belfry by a few.
Should be a great game. Hopefully the winner will take state.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Thanks, PHS, but it really doesn't answer my question, which was:

What is the reasoning behind it? Why can't you have multiple accounts?

Maybe the owner of the site or an administrator can answer the question for you then.

However, I can tell you that one of the reasons is if someone gets their "user name" banned (permanantly) for rule violations or multiple infractions, they try to get back on on the "second" user name and continue to reek havoc..... BUT, if you want a detailed explanation, contact an administrator; ie; FOX SPORTS OR Midee 1 and I'm sure they could help you out further...

phs1986 Wrote:Maybe the owner of the site or an administrator can answer the question for you then.

However, I can tell you that one of the reasons is if someone gets their "user name" banned (permanantly) for rule violations or multiple infractions, they try to get back on on the "second" user name and continue to reek havoc..... BUT, if you want a detailed explanation, contact an administrator; ie; FOX SPORTS OR Midee 1 and I'm sure they could help you out further...
Thanks. That certainly makes sense about the banned user thing. I was just curious because I couldn't think of a good reason for the rule. I may ask FOX next time I see him.
geoffrey7 Wrote:If Belfry can't contain Channing Fugate, this will be a very close game. However, if Belfry can stop him, im pickin Belfry by a few.
Should be a great game. Hopefully the winner will take state.

Lord have mercy.... I agree this young man may be an excellent athlete but is he able to compete with and win against the pirates by himself? From the way everyone is talking he is a one man football team. His teammates are on the field with him I assume as there will be 11 pirates on the field doing their job. Not just 1... but 11....

Buc-a-roo Wrote:Thanks. That certainly makes sense about the banned user thing. I was just curious because I couldn't think of a good reason for the rule. I may ask FOX next time I see him.

Anytime.... Smile

I'll say Belfry will win.
HarleyD Wrote:The game is at the CAM.

BELFRY WINS!!!

Good point, i see fugate having a big game, but the pirates will prevail

Belfry- 35
Breathitt-20
Here is something that gets on my nerves and I wanted to see if anybody agrees with me. Post like Belfry or Breathitt will win because they want it more. I'm sorry but a state title is on the line and the emotion crap is overrated, both teams want it and want it bad. Games of this magnitude comes down to talent. The reason I think Belfry will win this game is talent on the line, just as last year. Fugate is great but he can't run with no blocking.
If Breathitt was to beat Belfry would have to force turnovers and find sucess in the passing game, which is possible.
But I really don't think either team will win because they want it more, both teams want it.
Every game comes down to who wants it more!!! WHo wants to keep coming back after getting hit in the mouth a couple times. It is what football is all about, you can have all the talent and lay down after getting hit a couple of times, but you have to want it more and keep coming back to the table!!!
phs1986 Wrote:So, basically what your saying that the 2 players mentioned in your above post will handle Belfry easily and then travel to the ville and take on Central to win state? They don't need the rest of their team? I got news for ya... there are 11 players on the field... NOT 2.... It will be a team effort and Coach Haywood will throughly prepare the Pirates to take care of business and do what needs to be done. You honestly can't pick out 1 player on Belfry's team and say they are the ONE....The TEAM is the one!!! They work together and take care of business and do as they have been taught to do. TOGETHER!

OH... BTW... I did notice you mentioned about going to state before... wasn't that as a 2A as Belfry was when they won as well? Okay, this is now 3A and how many have you been to since going up a class?

In 95' Breathitt had to go through Danville, In 1996 Breathitt had to beat Boyle county and beat Derek Homer and Fort Knox. So Breathitt's road to hoe' in 2A was as tough or tougher then 3A. 2004 Breathitt walked through it with Russell being their only challenge winning the state title 51-0 over Corbin.
Holcomb and the bobcats are 3-0 in state championship games. Breathitt isn't going to be intimidated at the cam. Belfry is a great football team but Breathitt is a whole different team as of late. It will be a war.
King Leonidas Wrote:Every game comes down to who wants it more!!! WHo wants to keep coming back after getting hit in the mouth a couple times. It is what football is all about, you can have all the talent and lay down after getting hit a couple of times, but you have to want it more and keep coming back to the table!!!

What Belfry Wins is saying, and I totally agree with, is this is the State Semi-Finals... neither team would be here if they didn't want it badly. I am pretty sure the difference between who "wants it more" is negligable at best. At this stage it comes down to talent, coaching, preparedness, and execution... not emotion.

I doubt either team is "just happy to be here", they both want that State Finals both more than anything else.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Here is something that gets on my nerves and I wanted to see if anybody agrees with me. Post like Belfry or Breathitt will win because they want it more. I'm sorry but a state title is on the line and the emotion crap is overrated, both teams want it and want it bad. Games of this magnitude comes down to talent. The reason I think Belfry will win this game is talent on the line, just as last year. Fugate is great but he can't run with no blocking.
If Breathitt was to beat Belfry would have to force turnovers and find sucess in the passing game, which is possible.
But I really don't think either team will win because they want it more, both teams want it.

More talented teams get beat all the time. When Breathitt won it in 95' they were one of the most talented teams in the state. They lost Chapman, Rader, Combs, Sharp, who all went on to play college football. In 1996 Breathitt had no where near the talent level of Fort Knox but beat them. Belfry was the most talented team in the state in 3A last year. Ole Miss doesn't have half the talent of Florida. V.M.I. doesn't have half the talent of U.K. Belfry and Breathitt are class programs and well coached, both will be ready no doubt. Both are equally as talented I.M.O. This will be a game where it very well could come down to who wants it the most. You can't just show up win cause you've got talent. There's alot more to it then that.
No.
Just No.
Belfry - 35
Breathitt - 3
phs1986 Wrote:Lord have mercy.... I agree this young man may be an excellent athlete but is he able to compete with and win against the pirates by himself? From the way everyone is talking he is a one man football team. His teammates are on the field with him I assume as there will be 11 pirates on the field doing their job. Not just 1... but 11....

Fugate is a heck of a football player and a full load. I don't get why you think Breathitt is a 1 man show. They are not.:thumpsup:
King Leonidas Wrote:Every game comes down to who wants it more!!! WHo wants to keep coming back after getting hit in the mouth a couple times. It is what football is all about, you can have all the talent and lay down after getting hit a couple of times, but you have to want it more and keep coming back to the table!!!

I like your thinking on this. It's the state semi's and it will come down to this.
Befry embarrised Breathitt last year and I know those boys over there in Breathitt have not forgot that. Most would dread going to the Cam but I'd say those Breathitt boys are looking for a little pay back.
P.C.Defense Wrote:More talented teams get beat all the time. When Breathitt won it in 95' they were one of the most talented teams in the state. They lost Chapman, Rader, Combs, Sharp, who all went on to play college football. In 1996 Breathitt had no where near the talent level of Fort Knox but beat them. Belfry was the most talented team in the state in 3A last year. Ole Miss doesn't have half the talent of Florida. V.M.I. doesn't have half the talent of U.K. Belfry and Breathitt are class programs and well coached, both will be ready no doubt. Both are equally as talented I.M.O. This will be a game where it very well could come down to who wants it the most. You can't just show up win cause you've got talent. There's alot more to it then that.
There is a difference in not wanting to win and not executing, which is exactly why Florida lost to Ole Miss, because they aren't a bad team. As for Kentucky overlooking VMI on games like that a team does want it more.
But what I'm saying is on this stage you have two very good football teams that know how to win and are very well coached. I played for Coach Haywood and he don't teach emotion but execution. But neither of these teams are going to back down because they know what's at stake and they both want it bad. Both coaches are legends and will have gameplans, but what it comes down to is which team executes that gameplan best and makes the best adjustments throughout the game.
Like people saying Fulmer day was the reason UT beat UK and the emotions of that, not really what won it was UK got their butts kicked on the line.
One last thing and Belfry fans may get upset with this but I really don't think Belfry was the most talented team in 3A last year. Louisville Central had so much talent it wasn't even funny. Belfry didn't overlook them, fans did but not players, but Belfry didn't execute well enough to win against a team like Central.
Would love to see Breathitt win this one but afraid that will not be the outcome!!

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Jade Haddix can get the passing game going, then they have a shot at winning. But I think Belfry is to good....I think Belfry wins by a TD.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next