Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Estill County Engineers
51.81%
Breathitt County Bobcats
48.19%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County @ Breathitt County (3A 3rd Round)
cheerdad Wrote:Chris is doing good!!! He's going to be ok...haven't heard if he's going to play Friday or not, but knowing Chris the way I do, he will be on that field...I don't think anything would keep him on the sidelines Friday night.

He is just fine and will be playing Friday. (He said he was acting hurt so he could go inside where it was not so cold.)Smile
breathitt
I think it will be a good game, But i'm going to have to take Breathitt in this one. No one can stop Channing Fugate.
smith567 Wrote:I think it will be a good game, But i'm going to have to take Breathitt in this one. No one can stop Channing Fugate.

I wouldn't say NO ONE!!!! Confusedhh:
VLW53 Wrote:Yes ur right.

I thought I might be. I used to know a little about the game! :Thumbs:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:You have 95 posts, not exactly a veteran......It is not good to put people down just because they say something you may not agree with. Be respectful please...We are trying to keep people on here not run them off.....

Well put!
i think if both teams play there best game i think Estill Co will win i think they are the best TEAM you can pinpoint one player from Estill like you do the bobcats so i think the best team will win GO NEERS
courtdog Wrote:i think if both teams play there best game i think Estill Co will win i think they are the best TEAM you can pinpoint one player from Estill like you do the bobcats so i think the best team will win GO NEERS
The atmosphere will be electric! Good luck to both teams but I hope the Bobcats can pull it out....Whoever wins will have a hard time against Belfry, they are tough.....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

so he was acting?? Oh well im just glad he is ok
TC Card Wrote:so he was acting?? Oh well im just glad he is ok

I don't think he was really acting. He likes to joke around a lot so i'd say he was just making fun of himself.

no he wasnt acting at all. he was just trying to make light of the situation, like he always does.

man, that would be a bad rumor to get started! lol
cheerdad Wrote:What are you implying there raiderwave?

It's a good strategy against a running team such as Estill. It works extremely well against a offensive team that runs the wishbone, or the wing-t offense. It keeps a physical and powerful offensive line off the linebackers. Low man always win up front, and by bear crawling you are always low, and your keeping the offensive line away from your defensive athletes(not saying defensive linemen aren't athletic, just saying Breathitt's defensive line has struggled against physical offensive linemen). I'm telling you it forces a team to run outside, and I'm pretty sure that's not what Estill wants to do.
belfry stopped mr.fugate last year so dont say he cant be stopped.
cuppett777 Wrote:belfry stopped mr.fugate last year so dont say he cant be stopped.
He was a sophmore.......and in his first year as a starter last season. If Breathitt can get their passing game going to compliment the running game, they could be a threat to win it all....But if they play as they have being pretty much all run, they do not have a chance in my opinion.

No, he was NOT acting....you don't leave the hospital in a neck brace and be acting...and shame on the person who said that, even though you're from Estill...that's just not cool man!!!!!!
cheerdad Wrote:No, he was NOT acting....you don't leave the hospital in a neck brace and be acting...and shame on the person who said that, even though you're from Estill...that's just not cool man!!!!!!

And no not shame on me when he said that to me just kiddin around. The neck brace was just for soreness. He was perfectly fine at practice.
raiderwave Wrote:It's a good strategy against a running team such as Estill. It works extremely well against a offensive team that runs the wishbone, or the wing-t offense. It keeps a physical and powerful offensive line off the linebackers. Low man always win up front, and by bear crawling you are always low, and your keeping the offensive line away from your defensive athletes(not saying defensive linemen aren't athletic, just saying Breathitt's defensive line has struggled against physical offensive linemen). I'm telling you it forces a team to run outside, and I'm pretty sure that's not what Estill wants to do.

Estill prepares for this. Double wing teams expect this every game. Every team Estill has faced has done this or tried to do this. This is nothing new and a Double wing team prepares for this because they see it every week.
Estill knows this is exactly what you are going to try to do.
raiderwave Wrote:It's a good strategy against a running team such as Estill. It works extremely well against a offensive team that runs the wishbone, or the wing-t offense. It keeps a physical and powerful offensive line off the linebackers. Low man always win up front, and by bear crawling you are always low, and your keeping the offensive line away from your defensive athletes(not saying defensive linemen aren't athletic, just saying Breathitt's defensive line has struggled against physical offensive linemen). I'm telling you it forces a team to run outside, and I'm pretty sure that's not what Estill wants to do.

Usually defending a double wing team you must establish their best back which you cannot do against Estill because they are equal at all 3.
Most double wing teams are not open field runners and like to run the power play off tackle with a backside guard and tackle leading the way. Estill has the speed if they run outside they can break a long one. Estill is more versatile than most double wing teams, They make you defend the rocket sweep as well as power. You stack the box, They run outside. If you don't put 11 in the box they run power. They have 3 exceptional backs where as most double wing teams have 1.
is this poll for real? breathitt will smoke estill..the game in the earlier part of the season was a fluke. after that, breathitt has been demolishing people. I wouldnt expect it to stop here either. 42-10 breathitt
if breathitt dosent come out ready to play, like they did against garrad and harlan central, then this one goes to estill, but i look for both teams to come prepared and ready to play some smash mouth football. ill say estill 28 breathitt 21
dfblackcat53 Wrote:is this pole for real? breathitt will smoke estill..the game in the earlier part of the season was a fluke. after that, breathitt has been demolishing people. I wouldnt expect it to stop here either. 42-10 breathitt

Who is going to win the super bowl and what will the score be?
NIECE Wrote:I thought I might be. I used to know a little about the game! :Thumbs:
because you no what a combo block is. they are taught this in grade school. You didnt know much a year ago.Smile
so since he is a jr,he cant be stopped, i guess if they get by estill we will see.. go pirates
cuppett777 Wrote:so since he is a jr,he cant be stopped, i guess if they get by estill we will see.. go pirates
No one said that he could not be stopped....No one really cares about Belfry @ this point as far as Breathitt is concerned...They are really irrelevant.......If you key on a player and the other team can not adjust and use other weapons it is easy to shut them down if you have descent defense.

cuppett777 Wrote:so since he is a jr,he cant be stopped, i guess if they get by estill we will see.. go pirates

Like he said we are not worried about Belfry right now. We are worried about the game at hand. One game at a time is how we take it. When you start to look over people, thats when people beat you. If we get to Belfry or if Belfry gets to us, we will talk about that game but for now, we are playing Estill.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:because you no what a combo block is. they are taught this in grade school. You didnt know much a year ago.Smile

Mr. I think Im Perfect. I will have to say that I know Niece pretty well and he has very good knowledge about the game. A assistant only has so much control of what he wants to run. Just because you are a wanna be coach dont give you the right to bash others. If you know as much as you think you do you need to apply at the pro level. I have noticed when you post it only to put Niece down or bragg on your son. Which he is a good player but he is not the only one on the team. I didnt mean to pick on you but you brought it on yourself.:howdy:

Sorry to the rest of you for this post.
Back to the Topic.
Estill and Breathitt will be a dog fight if both play their style of ball
MR. NOBODY Wrote:Mr. I think Im Perfect. I will have to say that I know Niece pretty well and he has very good knowledge about the game. A assistant only has so much control of what he wants to run. Just because you are a wanna be coach dont give you the right to bash others. If you know as much as you think you do you need to apply at the pro level. I have noticed when you post it only to put Niece down or bragg on your son. Which he is a good player but he is not the only one on the team. I didnt mean to pick on you but you brought it on yourself.:howdy:

Sorry to the rest of you for this post.
Back to the Topic.
Estill and Breathitt will be a dog fight if both play their style of ball

I could be wrong, but I really don't believe this is going to be an easy game for either team. It's definitely going to be a GREAT ballgame....can't wait to make the trip to Jackson to watch it!!!
dfblackcat53 Wrote:is this pole for real? breathitt will smoke estill..the game in the earlier part of the season was a fluke. after that, breathitt has been demolishing people. I wouldnt expect it to stop here either. 42-10 breathitt

hold that opinion tell after the game
Yeah, and the first part of the season was a fluke...that we didnt beat you. Replay that game, we hold on to the ball we win. And shut u out
smith567 Wrote:I think it will be a good game, But i'm going to have to take Breathitt in this one. No one can stop Channing Fugate.

mr.bramabull what does this quote say?that is why i responded to it..so someone did say he couldnt be stopped..