Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Harlan County
37.93%
Breathitt County
62.07%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan Co. @ Breathitt Co. (3A 2nd Round)
Breathitt ends HC 1st year.
The College One Wrote:you might have mercy ruled them kid but you wont do that to us "BELFRY." if you make it that far. they way you guys played friday night... harlan will run all over you all. if not estill will if they get past taylor. so yeah big boy im rooting for harlan. i voted for them and if you all win... which wont be by much. you will have a hard time in the regional championship, and if you win yjay you wont make it no farther. you dont have the team to win state. so deal with it brag all you want you prolly ride the bench better than anyone down there. :lmao:

I don't think you can get passed Mason.If you do and then if you beat US or Estill YOU WILL LOSE TO CENTRAL.You voted for Harlan because you fear Breathitt.
Box Top Wrote:There was no mercy rule.
Oh yes there was in the third quarter.That's why the clock kept running.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:I don't think you can get passed Mason.If you do and then if you beat US or Estill YOU WILL LOSE TO CENTRAL.You voted for Harlan because you fear Breathitt.

Fear Breathitt!?! LMFAO!!! are you kidding me whats there to fear. fugate is the team kid. we wont loose to central. you just better worry bout The BLACK BEARS running all over you this friday. you got lucky in the first round. i voted for harlan and will root for them cause they will beat you all this time. first time you got lucky kid. i never fear anyone. specially not anyone from there. your funny that made my day there lmao!!! harlan will be the better team friday night hands down.
The College One Wrote:Fear Breathitt!?! LMFAO!!! are you kidding me whats there to fear. fugate is the team kid. we wont loose to central. you just better worry bout The BLACK BEARS running all over you this friday. you got lucky in the first round. i voted for harlan and will root for them cause they will beat you all this time. first time you got lucky kid. i never fear anyone. specially not anyone from there. your funny that made my day there lmao!!! harlan will be the better team friday night hands down.

Belfry Vs Breathitt since 1998......98 Did not play;99 Breathitt47-42;2000 Breathitt 28-20;2001 Belfry 21-20;03;04;05;06-Did not play;2007 Belfry 62-28.So we are up 3-2 since 98.Maybe you can even it out this year.:Thumbs: Ivan Lee is your team.WOW.Pond Creek Nation.......How retarded is that?LOOSE that's funny.
The College One Wrote:you might have mercy ruled them kid but you wont do that to us "BELFRY." if you make it that far. they way you guys played friday night... harlan will run all over you all. if not estill will if they get past taylor. so yeah big boy im rooting for harlan. i voted for them and if you all win... which wont be by much. you will have a hard time in the regional championship, and if you win yjay you wont make it no farther. you dont have the team to win state. so deal with it brag all you want you prolly ride the bench better than anyone down there. your a joke kid :lmao:

So what you are saying is if we win the region we don't have the team to win state...RIGHT?So if we win the region it means we beat you so wouldn't that mean you can't win state either?You said it right here in black and white.
Don't get cocky if so Harlan can win same goes for Estill never get cocky or the other team WILL WIN!! Also im rooting for harlan in this one I hear they are a good group of kids
Keep the thread on-topic!
Ill take Harlan Co. if they come to play
calm down guys it alreay says Belfry on the region championship trophy..lol
Breathitt won 47-7 @ Harlan earlier this season....You do not beat a team that bad unless you have more than one mismatch...I know Harlan has improved but so has Breathitt and I do not see Harlan improving enough to win this game....I could be close though, but Breathitt put the game away pretty early last game and I see this game being 20+ points.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

The College One Wrote:Fear Breathitt!?! LMFAO!!! are you kidding me whats there to fear. fugate is the team kid. we wont loose to central. you just better worry bout The BLACK BEARS running all over you this friday. you got lucky in the first round. i voted for harlan and will root for them cause they will beat you all this time. first time you got lucky kid. i never fear anyone. specially not anyone from there. your funny that made my day there lmao!!! harlan will be the better team friday night hands down

shouldn't you be talkin smack about the russell game KID!!!!!! :confused:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Breathitt won 47-7 @ Harlan earlier this season....You do not beat a team that bad unless you have more than one mismatch...I know Harlan has improved but so has Breathitt and I do not see Harlan improving enough to win this game....I could be close though, but Breathitt put the game away pretty early last game and I see this game being 20+ points.

You know, I agree with this to a point. But you have to realize something, one that was the first home game EVER for them, there was like 8,000 people there, there was a lot of pressure on those kids, and unlike Breathitt that was the first time many of them boys had experienced something like that. Harlan gave up IMO after a while in this game, there was a lot that Larkey didn't pull out in that game (according to him on the Coach Larkey show the following week) because he wanted to save it for the chance that there might be a playoff game. IF Harlan County shows up like I know they can, this will be a darn good football game, I'm still not gonna say that they will "kill Breathitt" or anything, but it will be a good game... I'm hoping anyway. Trust me, these boys won't let a second embarrassment happen again (hopefully anyway) LETS GO BEARS!
The Harlan County Black Bears do have what it takes to beat Breathitt and they have plenty of motivation to drive them. It will just take - DOING IT! It is right there- Opportunity. GO GETTEM BLACK BEARS!!!!
Ill be in attendance for this game and I look forward to seeing Harlan give
Breathitt a much better game then last time these two met. Good luck Harlan.
I will take Harlan by 3 TD's on the game being played on BluegrassRivals web page. But the game the young men are going to be playing on the field friday night, I will go with the bobcats of Breathitt High School in a close one.
sc06cheer Wrote:You know, I agree with this to a point. But you have to realize something, one that was the first home game EVER for them, there was like 8,000 people there, there was a lot of pressure on those kids, and unlike Breathitt that was the first time many of them boys had experienced something like that. Harlan gave up IMO after a while in this game, there was a lot that Larkey didn't pull out in that game (according to him on the Coach Larkey show the following week) because he wanted to save it for the chance that there might be a playoff game. IF Harlan County shows up like I know they can, this will be a darn good football game, I'm still not gonna say that they will "kill Breathitt" or anything, but it will be a good game... I'm hoping anyway. Trust me, these boys won't let a second embarrassment happen again (hopefully anyway) LETS GO BEARS!
I understand that the kids were under a lot of pressure, but they will be under as much if not more pressure this game. When HC played BC earlier it was though by many to be for the district title, and if you can not prepare for that kind of game, you are not going prepare for a playoff game. I think HC was ready to play against Breathitt but the Bobcats were just the better team that night. I have no doubt that HC will play better in this game, but are they that much better than earlier this year?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I will say Breathitt Co. by 17 pts 35-18. I don't think that HCC can stop the Bobcats running game which has more to it than Channing yes he is 1 of the top RB's in the state but he has some help in the backfield. I really think that Breathitt will make a run at Belfry this season since the have went to a 4 down D-Line their D has been very strong and been a lot better vs the run. Lets not forget Breathitt can control the clock if they get a lead just as good as anybody and if Coach Holcomb can get out to a 10 or 14 pt lead he will take control of the game with his RB's and Haddix running the ball. Should be a fun 3 weeks in 3A.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:I will say Breathitt Co. by 17 pts 35-18. I don't think that HCC can stop the Bobcats running game which has more to it than Channing yes he is 1 of the top RB's in the state but he has some help in the backfield. I really think that Breathitt will make a run at Belfry this season since the have went to a 4 down D-Line their D has been very strong and been a lot better vs the run. Lets not forget Breathitt can control the clock if they get a lead just as good as anybody and if Coach Holcomb can get out to a 10 or 14 pt lead he will take control of the game with his RB's and Haddix running the ball. Should be a fun 3 weeks in 3A.

They have one RB that is outstanding. The other one doesnt do much. Against Powell he only had one good run and that was for about 20 yds.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:I will say Breathitt Co. by 17 pts 35-18. I don't think that HCC can stop the Bobcats running game which has more to it than Channing yes he is 1 of the top RB's in the state but he has some help in the backfield. I really think that Breathitt will make a run at Belfry this season since the have went to a 4 down D-Line their D has been very strong and been a lot better vs the run. Lets not forget Breathitt can control the clock if they get a lead just as good as anybody and if Coach Holcomb can get out to a 10 or 14 pt lead he will take control of the game with his RB's and Haddix running the ball. Should be a fun 3 weeks in 3A.

Breathitt's running game is no doubt, built around Fugate. BTW, how many yards does "the other RB"(Pritchard) have on the season? And when's the last time you saw a Holcomb/Breathitt team with a QB that's not much of a passing threat? (I know, I know. When you can run the ball like they do, you don't need to throw). But, you won't get too deep in the playoffs if you can't do both, IMO.
Breathitt Big In This One :relaxing: BY 3 OR 4 TDS
Breathitt will win big

Channing Fugate lost to Johnson Central...Belfry beat Johnson Central...at Johnson Central. So I don't think Channing Fugate can get it done against Belfry. But that is if Channing Fugate can get past Harlan and Estill/Tayor.
Prickard has about 1000 yards if not more this year. Channing is our featured back but Prichard is what takes alot of the load off Channing. With the system we are running this year the defense cant just key in on Channing and if they do Prichard and/or Jade can take it and be down the sideline before you know it. Our passing game is on point even though we dont really use it that much but when we do its there. Harlan has a good team I give them that, but Breathitt is on another level.
C.Clair Wrote:Prickard has about 1000 yards if not more this year. Channing is our featured back but Prichard is what takes alot of the load off Channing. With the system we are running this year the defense cant just key in on Channing and if they do Prichard and/or Jade can take it and be down the sideline before you know it. Our passing game is on point even though we dont really use it that much but when we do its there. Harlan has a good team I give them that, but Breathitt is on another level.

I wouldn't say another level. Now if they had beaten Johnson Central, Prestonsburg, and had beaten Estill more than 1, then yes. They would be on another level. But seeing how they didn't, they aren't. They are very beatable if the other team can stop the run.
C.Clair Wrote:Prickard has about 1000 yards if not more this year. Channing is our featured back but Prichard is what takes alot of the load off Channing. With the system we are running this year the defense cant just key in on Channing and if they do Prichard and/or Jade can take it and be down the sideline before you know it. Our passing game is on point even though we dont really use it that much but when we do its there. Harlan has a good team I give them that, but Breathitt is on another level.

Evidently your passing game wasn't there when you tried to use it on Estill. I have to give it to Harlan. I really think they are a whole different football team since you two met up in september. Be ready for a game C.Clair.
Bobcats have this one wrapped up. The one chance Harlean has is if they watch the Estill Co. vs Breathitt game. What they did the whole game was wrap up Channing and Breathitt only scored on a turnover.
Fugate is the best individual player we faced all year. He has the size and speed to take a game over. He's the best running back Breathitt has had since Jon Chapman. Haddix hasn't been 100% but he is the X factor.
I am from Harlan County, and I believe that the Black Bears will show up on Friday and play a good game against Breathitt. However, I don't think that they will be able to overcome the mental letdown of the first game, but I hope that I am wrong. Go Black Bears

Prichard is our 3rd RB really because Chris Spicer was RB2 and quit.He was also LB1.That's why Prichard has been getting the carries this year.