Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 11 - Pikeville 2
Final. Also had a 15 min. delay for heavy snow.
WOW did not expect this. Pikeville must be a lot more down than I thought they were.
Wow, this is sad to say the least. Did Buck pitch for PC?
OMG Wrote:WOW did not expect this. Pikeville must be a lot more down than I thought they were.

I was thinking the samething, OMG:confused:
wow...this is a shocker...is PC just that good or pville that bad...
Panther Thunder Wrote:Wow, this is sad to say the least. Did Buck pitch for PC?

Buck threw 6 innings and Ryan Charles threw the last
Congrats Hawks
My gosh! How things have changed!
WOW, Pikeville what has happened?
Very surprising score... Congrats Hawks!
Good God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf!!!!!!
Pikeville just really couldn't get anything going on the offensive side tonight. They misplayed a few balls here and there that really accounted for the majority of the runs. I honestly saw PC hit the ball hard maybe 4-5 times, but the rest of the time it was little dink shots fallin' in between the infield/outfield.....however, it still counts the same. Pikeville will be fine, but PC could definately be in the hunt come tournament time if they play like this the rest of the year.
How did Buck throw? I mentioned a while back that he could end up being one of the better pitchers in the region this year.
Buck was tough....he had great presence on the mound tonight. He was in control at all times and used the inside part of the plate to his advantage, I'd say he had close to 10 K's. Daniel Harmon hit a shot off of him, but other than that there were not hard hits that I can recall by the Panthers.
IRISH4 Wrote:Buck was tough....he had great presence on the mound tonight. He was in control at all times and used the inside part of the plate to his advantage, I'd say he had close to 10 K's. Daniel Harmon hit a shot off of him, but other than that there were not hard hits that I can recall by the Panthers.

Is that the same kid that threw in the region game last year?
OMG Wrote:Is that the same kid that threw in the region game last year?

No , Jeremy King pitched that game.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:No , Jeremy King pitched that game.

Ok thanks. I'm not sure of who this kid is then.
Congrats Hawks.
Keep your heads up Panthers. Keep plugging along and you guys will be fine. Plenty of season left to get on the right path. Good luck Panthers!
not surprised PC won but the score is congrats to PC.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:No , Jeremy King pitched that game.
actually they pitched like 6 different kids in that game but King did get the nod
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:actually they pitched like 6 different kids in that game but King did get the nod

No they did not!!!!!

Jeremy pitched 4.2 innings, Justin Norman pitched 1.1 innings. Norman started the 7th and was releived by Brandon Martin. Pike Central did not record on out in the 7th.
Last year at one point Pikeville was averaging like 7 errors a game. Hopefully this trend doesn't repeat itself.
Congrats PC!!!! GREAT WIN! Buck Martin through 6 great innings, and Ryan Charles did a great job closing. PC's defense also had 0 errors, and buddy did were the bats going. They hit gappers left and right. CONGRATZ PIKE CENTRAL, DONT GET THE BIG HEAD THOUGH!
I am still not sure how you can make errors at the new field Pikeville has.
HazzBeen Wrote:I am still not sure how you can make errors at the new field Pikeville has.

I agree especially if you practice on that same field everyday. I can understand a team coming in and not being use to how fast the turf can be. It will get on you fast if your not use to it, but if you practice on it everyday you are going to get as true a hops as you can get.