Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underrated in the 15th?
Who do you think is the most underated team in the 15th region?
east ridge
OMG Wrote:east ridge

Could also be allen central with a healthy little.....What do you know about east ridge????
I know that SV is the least talked about team... a minimum of 6 returning seniors, as well as several talented up and coming underclassmen. Could be OK this year. Time will tell, though, with the new year and new coaching staff.
Allen Central, Pike Central, and Belfry.
INSIGHT Wrote:Could also be allen central with a healthy little.....What do you know about east ridge????

i really dont know alot i seen them play in the first round of the region last year and i know they had a few young guys and with a little bit of coaching they would have great potential to be a descent solid team...
belfry
East Ridge
Phelps--

They have some VERY talented players for the next 2 years.... possibly longer!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Well......don't laugh, but I'm gonna say Paintsville, because I think they will win the 15th, and
The Guru Wrote:Well......don't laugh, but I'm gonna say Paintsville, because I think they will win the 15th, and

i agree i think they will win also but how does that make them underrated?
OMG Wrote:i agree i think they will win also but how does that make them underrated?
Because the vast majority say LC is the team in '08. and Paintsville is second....so....underated even if it is only one spot. lol
The Guru Wrote:Because the vast majority say LC is the team in '08. and Paintsville is second....so....underated even if it is only one spot. lol
Good point. The top 2 teams in the 15th, IMO, reside in the 57th District, in Paintsville and Lawrence County. I would have to give the edge to Paintsville just because they're experienced in post season play. They've played in a regional championship game, they've won an All A and experienceda "version" of State Sectionals. Lawrence is VERY good, and I'm not saying they're not as good as Paintsville, because I honestly believe come Tournament time, you might as well flip a coin, but due to Paintsville's experience and depth, they get a SLIGHT, and I do mean slight, edge over the bulldogs.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Good point. The top 2 teams in the 15th, IMO, reside in the 57th District, in Paintsville and Lawrence County. I would have to give the edge to Paintsville just because they're experienced in post season play. They've played in a regional championship game, they've won an All A and experienceda "version" of State Sectionals. Lawrence is VERY good, and I'm not saying they're not as good as Paintsville, because I honestly believe come Tournament time, you might as well flip a coin, but due to Paintsville's experience and depth, they get a SLIGHT, and I do mean slight, edge over the bulldogs.

i agree with i would give it to paintsville and i am very much a painstville fan, however, do remember that painstville lost last year and lc made it the finals of region, and before lc came to the 15th region they had a lot of experience in the post season as well...well of course on the years they didn't draw boyd county...but my point i guess is not to give paintsville the edge for experience, i think they get the edge for talent as well as preparation...and i think paintsville will walk away with a 15th region title this year...
Paintsville is not underrated by any means. Every team in the 15th knows that when they play the Tigers, they need to bring their A game - even Lawrence County. Everyone knows Paintsville will be tough and no one in the 15th Region will come into a game vs. Paintsville overlooking or underrating them. The same goes with Lawrence County.

Two upper tier teams that may be underrated are Johnson Central and Sheldon Clark. Johnson Central lost their 2 top pitchers and some may underrate them because of it, but they are still talented and well coached. Sheldon Clark is underrated as well because no one can really name a top level talented kid on their team, but I bet you as the season goes, you will learn a few names because they are as well coached as any.

Allen Central will be somewhat underrated, as they will have a talented group of Sophs, but they still have to make a name for themselves.

Pikeville may be the most underrated team this season. They are usually a 15th Region powerhouse, but they've had a couple year slide. With the feeder system they have though, watch for the Panthers to turn a few heads.

Prestonsburg may very well be the second most underrated team. It is really according to how coach Marc Shepherd gets things going. They now have their own practice facility and a new field.
Prestonsburg
Anyone thought bout Pike Central? They only lost 2 senoirs and have plenty of talent.
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:Anyone thought bout Pike Central? They only lost 2 senoirs and have plenty of talent.

i understand you making a push for pike central but the way the 57th is loaded i just dont think pike central has enough talent and experience to play with those teams..