Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Football '08 Schedule
Grand Slam Wrote:he red shirted due to academic problems he dropped out of school last year b4 the semester was over so he had to sit out

He re-entered in the fall and has been practicing with the team and working with the same
quarterback coach Woodson was. He is a awesome player, already has experience and has gotten even better with Woodson and Sandars learning the system. He is a Vick type of quarterback, like Pat White of WV. I don't think qb is a problem as long as the o line is good and we are bringing in some good receivers.
I am thrilled to see LSU off the schedule, but would like to have seen an open week more in the middle of the season, like the week before Florida to rest our guys. Guess you can't have everything.
fairplayer Wrote:I am thrilled to see LSU off the schedule, but would like to have seen an open week more in the middle of the season, like the week before Florida to rest our guys. Guess you can't have everything.

I agree. It will be amazing if we can come out with the same record next year as we had this year. All because the strength of the schedule.
fairplayer Wrote:I am thrilled to see LSU off the schedule, but would like to have seen an open week more in the middle of the season, like the week before Florida to rest our guys. Guess you can't have everything.

Excellent point, I had noticed that too. A bye week in between games with Akron and Temple isn't exactly where I would schedule it either.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Things are looking very bright for UK next season thats for sure. Respectable schedule but an always tough conference schedule but I do see the Cats getting quality wins in the SEC. Not losing very much on defense but then again we are with the experience and leadership with Woodyard. Hopefully we can get some big recruits in and make a difference on both sides of the ball. GO CATS!!!!!
I really wonder if the Music City bowl would take us for another year, but I don't think it will come down to that. I can not get ahead of myself.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I really wonder if the Music City bowl would take us for another year, but I don't think it will come down to that. I can not get ahead of myself.

I really think if UK ends up 7-5 again next year, they will go to the Liberty Bowl. I just can't see a bowl wanting the same team three years in a row.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I really think if UK ends up 7-5 again next year, they will go to the Liberty Bowl. I just can't see a bowl wanting the same team three years in a row.
IMO the folks in Nashville would take UK every year if they could for 1 reason. The only 2 times that bowl game has sold out has been last year and this year when UK has been playing in it. I was at the game last year and they announced a bowl record 79,000 people were there and the crowd was at least 95% UK. But I see UK going 9-3 or 8-4 with a trip to either the Outback or Peach Bowl ( I refuse to call it Chick-Fil-A LOL!!!) next year. We will see UK be more of a running team on O with Tony Dixon and Derrick Locke next year with 2 legitimate home run threats at receiver in Dicky Lyons and Demoreo Ford. The D will be alot better IMO Micah Johnson will have a breakout year. Trevard Lindley and Myron Pryor will as well. Corey Peters, Jeremy Jarmon, and Ricky Lumpkin will give the D-line some depth. I also see David Jones possibly starting at corner if he can shake the injury bug hes had the past couple of years. IMO the biggest intangible for next year is if Pulley can be the leader that Woodson is.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IMO the folks in Nashville would take UK every year if they could for 1 reason. The only 2 times that bowl game has sold out has been last year and this year when UK has been playing in it. I was at the game last year and they announced a bowl record 79,000 people were there and the crowd was at least 95% UK.

I will agree that having UK in the bowl has been a guaranteed sellout for the Music City Bowl folks. I was also at the game last year, I will be going this year too, and I fully expect a majority UK crowd when I get in the stadium.

Still, I would think the novelty would wear off after a couple years, both for the team and the bowl. I still feel the MCB people might opt for someone else next year, if only to shake things up a bit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm seeing about a 7-5 season
'08 Team Negatives: They will lose a lot of leadership. They lose Tamme, Scott, Leger, Little, Burton, Woodson, Lewis, and Woodyard. That's a lot of production.

Positives: According to The Cats Pause, Pulley gave the first team defense fits on the scout team. The O-line will be even better. Williams, Duncan, Johnson, Gonzalez, Beets, Jeffries, Durham, Murphy, Hines, and Alexander should make for a great rotation next year. Between TC Drake, Lyons, Ford, Lanxter, and incoming EJ fields, & possibly Boyd, there should be plenty to throw to. Oh, BTW, I think Dixon, Locke, and Smith proved they can run the ball.

the Offense will be a different type next year, but it looks to me that they could be as good or better than this year.

The biggest positive goes to the defense. LOSE 2 STARTERS. Next year's D will be the best we've seen hear in a real long time. Woodyard will be difficult to replace. Why not move Kelly to weakside LB and move Micah to starting MLB?

Call me crazy, nuts, senile, etc. But, I really think next year's team will be better. But so will Georgia (top 5 nationally), Florida (top 5 nat), and a few others.

UK will give Georgia and Florida all they want and they will beat the 'Ol ball coach and Tennessee. 9-11 wins.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I agree. It will be amazing if we can come out with the same record next year as we had this year. All because the strength of the schedule.

I think our strength of schedule this year was 4th in the country....
I hope they won't miss a beat next year.
In today's (12-31-07) Lex Herald, Brooks says he likes the prospect of next year's team.
I think the Cats will win the first 7 games with a big win at Bama. Then it's on to Florida in the Swamp against #2 Florida. After a loss there the Cats will take revenge against Miss St on the road. The Cats will then take care of business in Commonwealth against Top Ten Georgia and against Vandy to run their record to 10-1. Then the 4th ranked Cats will head to #8 Tennessee and .............anything can happen.
SHould be a very suprising season. I agree, Curtis Pulley will suprise alot of people with his dual threat ablilities. He was Kentucky's Mr. Football
UK back to Music City Bowl
Temple is not on the schedule anymore according to Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio. This means that Kentucky will have to find a game with a Division 1 opponent. Possible team that will replace Temple may be Georgia Tech.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=4780
I can see them winnin 9 games next season, maybe even 10. I don't think some of you realize what UK has got comin back on defense.
they will get 7 or 8 wins
Temple has been replaced with Miami (OH) Redhawks.
yea I think Curtis Pulley will surprise alot of folks in Kentucky, and also see The Cats winning maybe 7 or 8 games also
I agree with Blackcat_Student 7 or 8 wins
Looks like a great schedule, doesn't seem to be as tough as last season's. I am with everyone else, atleast 7 or 8 wins.
Lets hope for 8-9 win season again!
pulley comes through...but only wins 7, but i still say that as long as they get bowl eligible the music city bowl will come calling every year....everybody wins when the cats play that close to home, and the music city bowl as well as the whole city of nashville makes a fortune every time big blue nation comes to town...
Don't be so quick to give the job to Pulley. Hartline has a lot of promise and is much like Pulley except he can throw the ball better. Brooks said today in the LHL that he doesn't think there will be a big change from the offensive game plan. With the receivers that are returning, all the Cats need is for the Freshmen to step and and play well. Should be an interesting season. Just don't give the job to Pulley so quick -- could even be a combination of QBs since both have such great athletic ability and could move out to WR (J-Lo and Boyd all over???)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blackcat_student Wrote:Temple has been replaced with Miami (OH) Redhawks.

Well, I don't know how good Miami will be next year, but I know we lost a sure win when Temple went off the schedule. It doesn't get much worse than the Owls.

Anyone know how good Miami is supposed to be?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]