Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg vs. Betsy Layne
prestonsburg's season opener is betsy layne at prestonsburg in the joe p. tackett memorial bowl..what does everyone think?
P'burg-35
BL-14
Prestonsburg - 45
BL - 6
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
P-burg by 40.
more than forty
Prestonsburg-58
Betsy Layne-0
44-6
It shouldn't be close. Prestonsburg is better at every position. But its gonna be a tough season for Betsy Layne after hiring a new coach during dead period.
I think Coach Parsons will do a fine job and it will be closer than expected!
I think it will be a better game than expected, and the bobcats will be prepared going into pburg on the 24th of August at 7:30.
Not a good team to open your season up too I don't think. Will be a very good test for the Bobcats! Best of luck to both teams!
I hate to say this about my former team but they dont have a chance. Especially if the line doesnt hold up i feel sorry for whats going to happen to BB and Brennan. I'll be a bobcat till the day i die but i still say they dont have a chance there not ready to be taking on a team like p-burg no disrespect to the bobcats
It is going to help BL by playing a better team. Unless they get beat by 50 points and tuck their tails between their legs and pout like normal Bobcats. It won't make P-burg any better at all playing a team like BL. No disrespect but they haven't done anything at all in football since well.... as long as I can remember.
Why even make a thread about this game?
P-Burg by a lot.
Betsy Layne in a shocker, 42-37
Pburg wont run it up on Betsy Lane.........intentionally. Pburg 76-0.
Jonnyappleseed Wrote:Why even make a thread about this game?

My sentiments exactly...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Says a lot about P-burg to even schedule BL. This game will help nobody.
jetpilot Wrote:Says a lot about P-burg to even schedule BL. This game will help nobody.

The only way a team benefits in a blowout is maybe to get some of their younger guys some game experience, but I agree the game doesn't make a lot of sense. It won't help the team morale at BL at all if they go out and get torched.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i agree, but look at the rest of prestonsburgs schedule
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:Betsy Layne in a shocker, 42-37
Someone was dreaming when they typed in this statement.:BigLaugh:
dfblackcat53 Wrote:i agree, but look at the rest of prestonsburgs schedule

You're right, they do have a tough non-district schedule other than this game, but I still think it would benefit them more to have played a better team in this slot. Remember, the only regular-season games that really count are the ones in-district, so a traditional power like P-Burg should play a killer non-district slate. Even if you lose most of them, if it makes you a better team, one that is more likely to win in the playoffs, then it is all worth it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think if Betsy Layne keeps the bus on the road and no one gets hurt during the game, it's been a good night.
More Cowbell Wrote:You're right, they do have a tough non-district schedule other than this game, but I still think it would benefit them more to have played a better team in this slot. Remember, the only regular-season games that really count are the ones in-district, so a traditional power like P-Burg should play a killer non-district slate. Even if you lose most of them, if it makes you a better team, one that is more likely to win in the playoffs, then it is all worth it.

I guess they would rather have a better record...
Betsy Layne does not score unless Pburg lets them.

The Blackcats can name the score in this one.

PBURG 48
BL 0
I appreciate all the talking, but I am telling you that the bobcats will not lie down and they will come out fighting. Take that for what its worth!!!!
Jonnyappleseed Wrote:I guess they would rather have a better record...

I would much rather take a couple extra losses in the regular season if it meant it improved my team to where they can go farther in the playoffs. A good post-season run can make everyone forget about a 5-5 record, just as no one will be remember that you went 7-3 if you make an early exit in the playoffs.

Everyone knows that P-Burg will not be challenged in district, so they needed to schedule as many good teams as possible out-of-district.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
p-burg by 30 or more
P-burg by 35+.