•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little League All-Star Tournament
phs1986 Wrote:Ya know, I hate it for the kids at Paintsville especially one in particular BUT I have to say congrats to Neon. As far as Mr. Hutton being from Neon..... I think he is BUT I can honestly say that I have been in Paintsville for 3 years now and I have never seen him be anything but fair to the kids who are on the field.

NOW, I know this is probably going to draw some criticism BUT I have to get this off my chest. I feel it's HIGH TIME to get the tournament OUT of Paintsville. I know it rained in Paintsville and they delayed the games BUT it did NOT rain that evening. I know because we had a parent who was in Louisa and went to the field and it was in GREAT shape according to them. They were unaware that the games had been cancelled as we were not able to get in touch with them. My question when they called was: "Is there a lot of water in the outfield down the 3rd baseline?".... Her reply.... Not a drop!! The field looks great! So, all in all I guess things have been run the way they NEED TO BE RUN for certain teams. I will still stand by Belfry's 11-12 team. How many teams can say they played 4 games and allowed 4 runs? How many teams can say they recorded a total of 46K's in 4 games? IMO... Not many!!!! Sorry if I have offended anyone but I just felt as if I needed to get this out of my head and off my chest!!

Paintsville Junior League team had 31 in 2 games. As a matter of fact 18 in one game against Belfry and 13 against Knott Co. But, that mean a thing without the ring.
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville Junior League team had 31 in 2 games. As a matter of fact 18 in one game against Belfry and 13 against Knott Co. But, that mean a thing without the ring.

I wasn't talkin about Jr. League. I was talking about 11-12 year olds. Kudo's on a job well done!!
phs1986 Wrote:[quote=Pupaw]Couple of thoughts. This is a Little League thread and not Cal Ripken.

As for the call, it appeared clearly to be wrong and if so, effected the game and not whining, but as someone said "part of the game", yes and it's over.

As for the players and totals, it means nothing. If there is 20 or 200, it's about quality, learning the game, working together and not following a school systems idea, to hurt a league. Anyone with a memory, knew almost all of the players played and most of the adults coached, except the ones who still run around and try to stir up trouble. Parents and players choose where they play, so to those players in PLL, that are in our league, I say well done. The 9/10's dismantled a good Phelps team today 15-1, in 4 innings and along with the Jr League team, makes 20 consecutive years a PLL team has advanced to a State Tournament. Not bad, for a program began in 1953 and still going.

As for the Tournament in Paintsville. It's been there for years and the big reason, is the volunteers, facilities and willingness to host. PLL like other LL programs, have wonderful people and for anyone to suggest, the game was canceled for the wrong reason, is an insult to those who help and is laughable. I live 1 mile from the field and I guess the previous day downpour and that mornings rain, were nothing. Games are canceled, with adequate time to contact those playing.[/quote]

I agree with you on PART of this. Granted, PLL has volunteers out the ying yang who BTW, I found out the majority of them get paid to "volunteer".... NOT all of them... MOST of them.... There are PLENTY of other places that have adequate facilities to host this type of tournament. I just feel to keep down the stigmatism of " You can't win at Paintsville" that it should be moved to another area and let Painstville (or any other team) prove that they can do it elsewhere. I have seen Paintsville's field when the outfield down the 3rd baseline was basically flooded... LITERALLY.... Granted, you can not play on a field in that type of shape BUT.... to be totally honest, I was told before the game EXACTLY what was going to happen!! In the case of a "rainout" it should be that the pitching stay frozen and ONLY the pitchers who are eligable (minus the cancellation day) be able to pitch. There are many different opinions on this but mine is only one. Like I said earlier, I apolgize if I am stepping on toes here but I have sat back and listened to talk for years. I have had a child in little league for over 10 years so I think maybe moving the tournament might be a good idea.... NOT only for everyone else but Paintsville too!! It might just tame down some of the talk about "home cookin".....

Explain to me the part about "Home Cookin". When someone other than Paintsville has won the 11/12s, 3 out of the last 4 years.

04 - Belfry
05 - Paintsville
06 - Belfry
07 - Neon
was there a situation or sumthin concerning pitching eligibility because of the rain out? just wondering, with all the emphasis phs1986 is putting on that?
phs1986 Wrote:I wasn't talkin about Jr. League. I was talking about 11-12 year olds. Kudo's on a job well done!!

All you said was "how many teams".
Ring'Em Up Wrote:was there a situation or sumthin concerning pitching eligibility because of the rain out? just wondering, with all the emphasis phs1986 is putting on that?

Just luck of mother nature. You know how hard it rained Wednesday night and you know that field holds water.
The Guru Wrote:And you are calling me insane??? Smile

I stated that it was my oppinion. I watched several games from both leagues, I didn't and don't have a kid involved with eith league and was trying to be unbiased.
You kid was one of the stronger players in CRL. And I wasn't trying to take anything away from him. It was just my opinion that last year he was in a weaker league. This year, even though I have not seen any CRL games, I think it might be different.
Again it is just my opinion but I feel as though in a couple of years (maybe sooner) Paintsville LL will benifit greatly from this.
I agree with you totally on this helping the paintsville program. I have thought this from day one. On my comment about the all-star team not being as strong as the regular season teams, well I was just trying to get your attention because you sure got mine. I do feel we were stronger but that really doesn't matter. One of my best friends managed that team and this years team and I told everyone who would listen that was saying it was Belfry's tournament to loose that Paintsville would beat them because they would be out classed when it came to knowing how to play the game. I would still think your insane if you had never put a post on Rivals.Smile
OffTheHook Wrote:[quote=phs1986]

Explain to me the part about "Home Cookin". When someone other than Paintsville has won the 11/12s, 3 out of the last 4 years.

04 - Belfry
05 - Paintsville
06 - Belfry
07 - Neon

I heard that STATEMENT on 4 separate occasions during THIS tournament!! LOLOL.... Looks like I have stepped on toes!! SORRY.... :igiveup:

BUT..... Paintsville manages to take at least 1 team to state every year don't they?? Good Job P'ville....
I told everyone who would listen that was saying it was Belfry's tournament to loose that Paintsville would beat them because they would be out classed when it came to knowing how to play the game.

FOR your information MY child played on that team and if they were "out classed" then why was he walked INTENTIONALLY twice??? Evidently, he had something that Paintsville didn't wanna touch!!!!!!
OffTheHook Wrote:Just luck of mother nature. You know how hard it rained Wednesday night and you know that field holds water.

LOLOL......
phs1986 Wrote:I told everyone who would listen that was saying it was Belfry's tournament to loose that Paintsville would beat them because they would be out classed when it came to knowing how to play the game.

FOR your information MY child played on that team and if they were "out classed" then why was he walked INTENTIONALLY twice??? Evidently, he had something that Paintsville didn't wanna touch!!!!!!
That is exactley what I was talking about. That coach simpley knows baseball and for him to be intentionally walked by that coach tells me he had alot of respect for your kid in that situations. I was not and will not put down any kid my comment was ment to compliment my friend.
OffTheHook Wrote:Just luck of mother nature. You know how hard it rained Wednesday night and you know that field holds water.
yeah, but was it a situation where one was only eligible to pitch because of the rain out? maybe #12? if so, he sure deserves kudos for an excellent game, NO MATTER the situation, as well as big guy from belfry. we couldnt count how many times sumthin like that has happened. and , as you said, mother nature sure doesnt hold any favoritism.

with the pitch limit and stuff, i not real smart on the regulations with LL now. if i ever was!!!
phs1986 Wrote:I told everyone who would listen that was saying it was Belfry's tournament to loose that Paintsville would beat them because they would be out classed when it came to knowing how to play the game.

Pride said nothing about any kids now. He was refering to paintsville's manager. Been in the state tourney almost every year he has managed and the final four I believe twice. So don't think that he was talking about any kids. Cause he wasn't.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:That is exactley what I was talking about. That coach simpley knows baseball and for him to intentionally walked by that coach tells me he had alot of respect for your kid in that situations. I was not and will not put down any kid my comment was ment to compliment my friend.

Granted, having respect for my child is one thing but I feel that they way he was done on Friday basically.... SUCKED..... They pitched to him 2 pitches. 1 ball 1 strike.... THEN decided to walk him. Yep, he went to the plate with a smile on his face and all the confidence in the world. He KNEW he was gonna get him one. I guess P'ville's coach knew it too.... As for respect and class.... I could REALLY enlighten you on some stuff that one of the players did that would make your hair stand on your head.... VERY disrespectful!!!!! If mine would have did something like this I would have marched on the field and busted his tail!!!!!!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:yeah, but was it a situation where one was only eligible to pitch because of the rain out? maybe #12? if so, he sure deserves kudos for an excellent game, NO MATTER the situation, as well as big guy from belfry. we couldnt count how many times sumthin like that has happened. and , as you said, mother nature sure doesnt hold any favoritism.

with the pitch limit and stuff, i not real smart on the regulations with LL now. if i ever was!!!

No 12 had already thrown the day before the rain out. Just another reason to complain.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:yeah, but was it a situation where one was only eligible to pitch because of the rain out? maybe #12? if so, he sure deserves kudos for an excellent game, NO MATTER the situation, as well as big guy from belfry. we couldnt count how many times sumthin like that has happened. and , as you said, mother nature sure doesnt hold any favoritism.

He was eligible either way it went!! We only had 2 pitchers that couldn't pitch until the next day and one of those was mine.. (also, he had 15K's that game)

sounds like to me, eagle pride was right on the money. his friends respect for your son
in the situations it happened may have won them the game.
good call(s) coach P
:coach:
Ring'Em Up Wrote:sounds like to me, eagle pride was right on the money. his friends respect for your son
good call(s) coach P

That is NOT being "out classed".... I'll give ya smart coaching but NOT out classed!!! We have/had EXCELLENT coaches!!!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:sounds like to me, eagle pride was right on the money. his friends respect for your son
good call(s) coach P

That's baseball. If the situations calls for it, you walkem.
phs1986 Wrote:That is NOT being "out classed".... I'll give ya smart coaching but NOT out classed!!! We have/had EXCELLENT coaches!!!

Like the one who threw a book at an umpire during a Jr league game this year and almost went to fist with his other coach blaming him for the loss, during the Jr League Tourney during the game in the duggout in front of his own team. Yeah, that's excellent.Rolleyes
OffTheHook Wrote:Like the one who threw a book at an umpire during a Jr league game this year and almost went to fist with his other coach blaming him for the loss, during the Jr League Tourney during the game in the duggout in front of his own team. Yeah, that's excellent.Rolleyes

AGAIN...... I AM NOT talking about Jr. League. I am talking about the 11-12's. I have NO idea what went on at the Jr. League field. I didn't attend any of those games. I only stopped by to pick up some of the 11-12 year old players!!!!!
hey hook, guess thru all this, ya have missed my post about the 13/14's. where ya guys go to next week?
phs1986 Wrote:AGAIN...... I AM NOT talking about Jr. League. I am talking about the 11-12's. I have NO idea what went on at the Jr. League field. I didn't attend any of those games. I only stopped by to pick up some of the 11-12 year old players!!!!!

Your post said "have/had" and he was the 11/12 Coach last year. So I am replying to the proper post.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:hey hook, guess thru all this, ya have missed my post about the 13/14's. where ya guys go to next week?

Somewhere in Dist. 4. Who knows where though, lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Your post said "have/had" and he was the 11/12 Coach last year. So I am replying to the proper post.

HAVE/HAD... we no longer have coaches!! The season is OVER...... LOLOL.... LAST YEAR is the key word to your post... he WAS NOT the 11-12 year old coach this year!!!!!
I wouldn't let him coach any of my kids.
:yesno:

and look, they are even using baseball bats!!! hahaha
phs1986 Wrote:[quote=Pupaw]Couple of thoughts. This is a Little League thread and not Cal Ripken.

As for the call, it appeared clearly to be wrong and if so, effected the game and not whining, but as someone said "part of the game", yes and it's over.

As for the players and totals, it means nothing. If there is 20 or 200, it's about quality, learning the game, working together and not following a school systems idea, to hurt a league. Anyone with a memory, knew almost all of the players played and most of the adults coached, except the ones who still run around and try to stir up trouble. Parents and players choose where they play, so to those players in PLL, that are in our league, I say well done. The 9/10's dismantled a good Phelps team today 15-1, in 4 innings and along with the Jr League team, makes 20 consecutive years a PLL team has advanced to a State Tournament. Not bad, for a program began in 1953 and still going.

As for the Tournament in Paintsville. It's been there for years and the big reason, is the volunteers, facilities and willingness to host. PLL like other LL programs, have wonderful people and for anyone to suggest, the game was canceled for the wrong reason, is an insult to those who help and is laughable. I live 1 mile from the field and I guess the previous day downpour and that mornings rain, were nothing. Games are canceled, with adequate time to contact those playing.[/quote]

I agree with you on PART of this. Granted, PLL has volunteers out the ying yang who BTW, I found out the majority of them get paid to "volunteer".... NOT all of them... MOST of them.... There are PLENTY of other places that have adequate facilities to host this type of tournament. I just feel to keep down the stigmatism of " You can't win at Paintsville" that it should be moved to another area and let Painstville (or any other team) prove that they can do it elsewhere. I have seen Paintsville's field when the outfield down the 3rd baseline was basically flooded... LITERALLY.... Granted, you can not play on a field in that type of shape BUT.... to be totally honest, I was told before the game EXACTLY what was going to happen!! In the case of a "rainout" it should be that the pitching stay frozen and ONLY the pitchers who are eligable (minus the cancellation day) be able to pitch. There are many different opinions on this but mine is only one. Like I said earlier, I apolgize if I am stepping on toes here but I have sat back and listened to talk for years. I have had a child in little league for over 10 years so I think maybe moving the tournament might be a good idea.... NOT only for everyone else but Paintsville too!! It might just tame down some of the talk about "home cookin".....

What is that supposed to mean. I have several friends(as well as myself) that have put in alot of time over there and they need to know where to pick up their pay check.
I don't condone fighting in front of kids. They are grown men and both should have known better. That however shouldn't reflect on how our other coaches portrayed themselves. I know that the 3 that worked with the 11-12's I wouldn't trade for the world. Great coaches!!!
Armchair QB Wrote:[quote=phs1986]

What is that supposed to mean. I have several friends(as well as myself) that have put in alot of time over there and they need to know where to pick up their pay check.

I have no idea where ya can pick it up... Reminder:::::....... I said not all.... and I give ya credit... putting on a tourney and putting up with the crowds, messes, garbage, traffic, etc. is a LOT of hard work. Kudo's on a job well done!!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next