Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MORE RUMORS...June Buchannan to Shelby Valley
I heard today that there was three jbs basketball players making the move to shelby valley for the upcoming year. Has anyone heard anything about this?????
Heard all about this months ago and I tried to tell everyone it was gonna happen but noone wanted to listen.
With SV returning their top 6 and more talent coming in could spell more bad news for the other teams in the 15th
Any names?????
EOE Wrote:With SV returning their top 6 and more talent coming in could spell more bad news for the other teams in the 15th
Only if the chemistry is right!
Are there three "Homegrown" Valley boys willing to take a seat on the bench??? You know the JBS connection will be expecting to start.
The Guru Wrote:Only if the chemistry is right!
Are there three "Homegrown" Valley boys willing to take a seat on the bench??? You know the JBS connection will be expecting to start.
Only , if its the SteppsWink
EOE Wrote:With SV returning their top 6 and more talent coming in could spell more bad news for the other teams in the 15th
Or not...since this will cause many, many more problems than it will be worth!!!
Let's see...Cox replacing Logan Bryant means Bryant will transfer. Collins replacing Taylor Newsome means Newsome will transfer. Tyler Newsome will now be farther down the bench than ever and that can't be a good thing. Yep...nothing but big time problems for the Wildcats. The rest of the 15th region is hoping this happens as we speak!!!!
:letsparty
whos the 3...collins cox n..........
Wow, Valley's starting 5 would be Tate Cox, Elisha Justice, Jake Bryant, Ashley Hatfield, and Garrison Collins. Bye Bye 15th region, and Logan and Jonah coming off the bench, this could kill all other teams in the 15th as some teams thought Valley had depth this past season, this would be amazing.
Sounds to me like Greg and Robert are trying to get their AAU team together as a high school team.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Bryant isn't going to stick around if this happens adn neither will newsome
I love all this high school recruiting. Where is the commish?
Why restart these rumors now? Do you have any concrete info to confirm your post?
All-American Lineman Wrote:Bryant isn't going to stick around if this happens adn neither will newsome

Taylor will stick around because of his girlfriend Courtney, Rodney Rowe's daughter, and from what I hear, Rowe will get the girls basketball coaching job, so Taylor will not be leaving.
So are they really transfering for sure?
bball fan Wrote:Or not...since this will cause many, many more problems than it will be worth!!!
Let's see...Cox replacing Logan Bryant means Bryant will transfer. Collins replacing Taylor Newsome means Newsome will transfer. Tyler Newsome will now be farther down the bench than ever and that can't be a good thing. Yep...nothing but big time problems for the Wildcats. The rest of the 15th region is hoping this happens as we speak!!!!
:letsparty
OK BUH you know it all.
This thread is nothing but rumor....stay on track or it will be closed.

They have not enrolled at SV.
I do understand a couple of players from a Knott Co school did visit SV with their parents recently.
I don't see this happening Smile
word is landon slone is going to jbs
This has been going on a long time in the Valley ....recruits have been added on more than one occasion to make a really good team even better...go Eagles oops i meant Wildcats LOL
Monday, Cox and Garrison was in Shelby Valleys gym with the Shelby Vally Wildcats basketball team,says my source.:Thumbs:
EOE Wrote:Monday, Cox and Garrison was in Shelby Valleys gym with the Shelby Vally Wildcats basketball team,says my source.:Thumbs:
Since school is not out yet and they haven't enrolled at SV....this is illegal... so the KHSAA will be calling on SV very soon. They will probably get put on probation after this which means they won't get to play in the post season next year!!!

Tell your source thanks!!!!
it is also my understanding they have been to knott n hazard open gym along with jbs....hmmm......nobody 4 sure knows what they r going to do not event hese boys
open gym is open gym...ne1 can come in and play....its not practice...just open gym...theres nothing wrong with that
sounds like there should be an internal investigation with the County athletics office getting involved> LOL
KCCFAN23 Wrote:open gym is open gym...ne1 can come in and play....its not practice...just open gym...theres nothing wrong with that

They also play on the AAU team with the Valley boys. The team practices at Valley, so don't jump to conclusions about illegal activity.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:They also play on the AAU team with the Valley boys. The team practices at Valley, so don't jump to conclusions about illegal activity.
i wasnt saying nething about illegal activity i was defending the boys
thepharmacist Wrote:This has been going on a long time in the Valley ....recruits have been added on more than one occasion to make a really good team even better...go Eagles oops i meant Wildcats LOL

I know Kris Bentley transferred to Valley a few years ago, but who are the other recruits besides Ashley (who has been in this school district for 4 years now)?

Also, if the comment about the Eagles is referring to Virgie, the roster this year had more than it's fair share of Dorton boys as well. Out of the top 10 players, 7 were from Dorton and 3 from Virgie. People have acted like for years that Valley was focused more on one school than the other, but that is just people trying to cause trouble.
thepharmacist Wrote:This has been going on a long time in the Valley ....recruits have been added on more than one occasion to make a really good team even better...go Eagles oops i meant Wildcats LOL

If Valley has started recruiting, they have a long way to go to be as good at it as Pikeville. Big Grin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bball fan Wrote:Since school is not out yet and they haven't enrolled at SV....this is illegal... so the KHSAA will be calling on SV very soon. They will probably get put on probation after this which means they won't get to play in the post season next year!!!

Tell your source thanks!!!!

LOL, the boys did not participate with the SV ball team in any way, they were just at the school, along with their parents.