Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Buchanon 64 Hazard 55
Hicks shot 27 shots.. the rest of the team shot 28.. he only had two assists? he outscored him but also took 11 more shots then clark.. it doesnt matter who scores the most.. thats the stupidest post southeast ky sports, btw you were suppose to check my stats go ahead there right.. a point guards main job is not to score all your points it is to manage the team and get everyone involved while managing the game... Clark outplayed Hicks tonight, get over it, he's the better POINT GUARD.. so what Hicks can shoot the 3 better but that isnt what a point guard is about .. and last night Hicks was 10/27 so dont bash Stepp when he played a heck of a game and led the team as a point guard like he was supposed to
JBS is the best team in the region, and Clark is BY FAR the best player, all you people said was how Hicks was a better team player than Stepp, Hicks shot 27 shots, 3-14 from 3 point range, Stepp shot 17 shots, so all the talk about the better team player, was stupid, all of you said Hicks was better, this goes to Money, and Rivals King, JBS is tough, and Stepp is the best player, Hicks did out score him, but so what? he shot 10 more shots than Stepp, and Stepp had alot of good passes, JBS just won the WYMT, thats something special, this tournament is put together to try to put the top 8 teams in the mountains in it, and JBS is the best, they would give SL a run for their money
blueyes Wrote:First of all don't call me MR.!!! Second of all, you must have not been watching the same game I was because if anything, the refs were for Hazard. There were MANY fouls that did not get called! So if your a Hazard fan I certainly wouldnt be complaining about the officiating for this game!

Then should he call you Mrs or MISS....lol. Look nobody's taking away y'all's victory from you, but there werer bad calls and mostly on hazard's side, and i've said it twice already, u all out played us that night.
I agree with all of you, JBS shut down Hicks, Goodjob
Hazard just had an off night and wasn't up for the game. The all-a classic will be a different ballgame. Go Dawgs! Hicks will show up to play and look out JBS!
Dawggie Wrote:Hazard just had an off night and wasn't up for the game. The all-a classic will be a different ballgame. Go Dawgs! Hicks will show up to play and look out JBS!
I was looking for that excuse lol
blueyes Wrote:First of all don't call me MR.!!! Second of all, you must have not been watching the same game I was because if anything, the refs were for Hazard. There were MANY fouls that did not get called! So if your a Hazard fan I certainly wouldnt be complaining about the officiating for this game!
After only 24 posts I would say your right Mr. is way off,,how about bloomers or crybaby,,hehe just ridin you pal no pun intended, just try not to get mad and have fun.Chill out Mr.:Cheerlead
Hicks has the flu, So u cant expect him to have a good game. He scored 27 and sick. Could of had 40 if he would have been well.
Doc John Wrote:Hicks shot 27 shots.. the rest of the team shot 28.. he only had two assists? he outscored him but also took 11 more shots then clark.. it doesnt matter who scores the most.. thats the stupidest post southeast ky sports, btw you were suppose to check my stats go ahead there right.. a point guards main job is not to score all your points it is to manage the team and get everyone involved while managing the game... Clark outplayed Hicks tonight, get over it, he's the better POINT GUARD.. so what Hicks can shoot the 3 better but that isnt what a point guard is about .. and last night Hicks was 10/27 so dont bash Stepp when he played a heck of a game and led the team as a point guard like he was supposed to

Get over the 27 shots. I know this much, he would have been able to get the ball up the floor against Bell. That's what a point guard is suppose to do. I thought is was funny they had to get Cox to handle the ball. Stepp stunk up the gym. Hicks averages around 14 shots a game and is a much better team ball player than Stepp will ever be. So get over and accept the fact that Clark just don't have it. You , and Windmilll have obvious been put in here by the Stepps to try to down the best player in the region. Do you really think the 14th region coaches read this stuff, are you trying to get votes already for Clark. Well I don't think it's going to work. I think his uncle will be the only one that votes for him, and after last night he might not.
windmill Wrote:JBS is the best team in the region, and Clark is BY FAR the best player, all you people said was how Hicks was a better team player than Stepp, Hicks shot 27 shots, 3-14 from 3 point range, Stepp shot 17 shots, so all the talk about the better team player, was stupid, all of you said Hicks was better, this goes to Money, and Rivals King, JBS is tough, and Stepp is the best player, Hicks did out score him, but so what? he shot 10 more shots than Stepp, and Stepp had alot of good passes, JBS just won the WYMT, thats something special, this tournament is put together to try to put the top 8 teams in the mountains in it, and JBS is the best, they would give SL a run for their money

How about that 4 for 27 night Stepp had against Lex Cath
southeast ky sports Wrote:Get over the 27 shots. I know this much, he would have been able to get the ball up the floor against Bell. That's what a point guard is suppose to do. I thought is was funny they had to get Cox to handle the ball. Stepp stunk up the gym. Hicks averages around 14 shots a game and is a much better team ball player than Stepp will ever be. So get over and accept the fact that Clark just don't have it. You , and Windmilll have obvious been put in here by the Stepps to try to down the best player in the region. Do you really think the 14th region coaches read this stuff, are you trying to get votes already for Clark. Well I don't think it's going to work. I think his uncle will be the only one that votes for him, and after last night he might not.
They won thats all that matters. I dont think the stepps really cares about bluegrassrivals either lol..To bad though that hicks didnt have the opportunity to try to get the ball down court against bell...I guess we will never know lol
Caneyboy Wrote:Hicks has the flu, So u cant expect him to have a good game. He scored 27 and sick. Could of had 40 if he would have been well.
He didnt look like he had the flu.Bouncing around like a rabbit everytime he would score.
Ive seen crippled people in church jump up and down
Caneyboy Wrote:Ive seen crippled people in church jump up and down
there wasnt nothing wrong with hicks man.
Sorry didnt know u were a doctor
Congrads JBS!!!!!!
Southeast Ky Sports change your name to Southern Comfort... i would to after some of the stupid posts you have wrote about how bad Stepp is .. obviously he has the most important quality and that is the ability to win...:thumpsup:
Hicks is all that Hazard has... Campbell is there some nights, but cannot keep his composure... this showed in this game.. congrats to JBS...
Subway Eater Wrote:Hicks has the flu, So u cant expect him to have a good game. He scored 27 and sick. Could of had 40 if he would have been well.

you have got to be kidding me...if the kid had the FLU then no way he could played the entire game with basicly any rest...that ridiculous...JBS shut him down and thats how it was...bad game or not on his part if the rest of ur team cant step up during crunch time then where is that going to put Hazard during tourny time...and the answer would be in the stands watching two other teams battling it out for a district and/or regional championship...stop making excuses...for the most part all ive seen as to why Hazard lost has been Hicks didnt play well or Hazard did not play well or the refs made bad calls...how about it was JBS played their hearts out...out played Hazard and got out coached for most of the game...im not for either school or from the 14th and i even think its crazy talk that alot of u post...14th region fans are beggining to be worse then my ppl in the 15th for making excuses...
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:you have got to be kidding me...if the kid had the FLU then no way he could played the entire game with basicly any rest...that ridiculous...JBS shut him down and thats how it was...bad game or not on his part if the rest of ur team cant step up during crunch time then where is that going to put Hazard during tourny time...and the answer would be in the stands watching two other teams battling it out for a district and/or regional championship...stop making excuses...for the most part all ive seen as to why Hazard lost has been Hicks didnt play well or Hazard did not play well or the refs made bad calls...how about it was JBS played their hearts out...out played Hazard and got out coached for most of the game...im not for either school or from the 14th and i even think its crazy talk that alot of u post...14th region fans are beggining to be worse then my ppl in the 15th for making excuses...

Great Post
Doc John Wrote:Southeast Ky Sports change your name to Southern Comfort... i would to after some of the stupid posts you have wrote about how bad Stepp is .. obviously he has the most important quality and that is the ability to win...:thumpsup:

Doc John where have you been? I've been waiting for those stats from the championship game. OK, I'll give them to you since you don't have them.

Clark Stepp:7 turnovers, 3 rebounds, 2 assist, 0 for 4 from 3 point land(1 airball), 3 for 8, 2 point goals, 6 for 8 free throws. 12 points. 3 for 12 shooting, 7 turnovers, WOW!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:you have got to be kidding me...if the kid had the FLU then no way he could played the entire game with basicly any rest...that ridiculous...JBS shut him down and thats how it was...bad game or not on his part if the rest of ur team cant step up during crunch time then where is that going to put Hazard during tourny time...and the answer would be in the stands watching two other teams battling it out for a district and/or regional championship...stop making excuses...for the most part all ive seen as to why Hazard lost has been Hicks didnt play well or Hazard did not play well or the refs made bad calls...how about it was JBS played their hearts out...out played Hazard and got out coached for most of the game...im not for either school or from the 14th and i even think its crazy talk that alot of u post...14th region fans are beggining to be worse then my ppl in the 15th for making excuses...

I don't think Hicks was sick at all, probalby somebody just messing with you. Hazard was out coached for the most part and they had problems making shots right under the basket. Hicks played a decent game with 27 points, but no one else stepped up to help. You're absolutely right.
Well, I'm a big Hazard fan and I was at that game and I had a good view of the game. The only reason I can come up with that we lost is because JBS scored more points than we did in the allotted amount of time...9 more points to be exact. I saw 2 good teams playing their hearts out at a sport they love. I saw 2 sets of fans cheering their hearts out for the team they love. One team won and one team didn't. That's the way it's supposed to be. I'm still proud of my Bulldogs. Losing by 9 points or losing by 90 isn't going to change that. More that 50 years ago a HHS teacher wrote these words..."As you represent our school, I urge you to think just a second on the characteristics of the Bulldog. It's up to you to produce the old fighting spirit, the tenacity and determination of the Bulldog; to put your whole heart and soul into every game. Then, whether you win or lose, we are with you all the way. YOU ARE OUR BULLDOGS!!!" Now it's time to congratulate JBS on a good game and on winning the championship and move on. There's other games to play.
Lets remember to keep on topic.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Subway Eater Wrote:Ive seen crippled people in church jump up and down
You don't sound like a church goer to me. JBS will hold the Title of 2007 Champions of the WYMT tourney for ever. So you'll just have to get over it.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Well, I'm a big Hazard fan and I was at that game and I had a good view of the game. The only reason I can come up with that we lost is because JBS scored more points than we did in the allotted amount of time...9 more points to be exact. I saw 2 good teams playing their hearts out at a sport they love. I saw 2 sets of fans cheering their hearts out for the team they love. One team won and one team didn't. That's the way it's supposed to be. I'm still proud of my Bulldogs. Losing by 9 points or losing by 90 isn't going to change that. More that 50 years ago a HHS teacher wrote these words..."As you represent our school, I urge you to think just a second on the characteristics of the Bulldog. It's up to you to produce the old fighting spirit, the tenacity and determination of the Bulldog; to put your whole heart and soul into every game. Then, whether you win or lose, we are with you all the way. YOU ARE OUR BULLDOGS!!!" Now it's time to congratulate JBS on a good game and on winning the championship and move on. There's other games to play.
Very nice post, Thank You.
interesting comments from both sides regarding the game. what i saw was a good game plan by JBS for stopping Hicks. He still got his points but he had to work hard for them. Facing double and triple teams all night , i thought Hicks played an excellent game. Stepp and Cox played well too, but they've got each other to lean on. You can't double team them w/o leaving the other open so that just makes Hicks' night that more impressive. Also, about the # of shots for Hicks, umm if you have ever watched a Hazard game over the last 2 years you know his job IS to score. He did have an off shooting night though but if had 2 or 3 guys in your face the whole night not everything is going to fall. It was good to see Collins get in the game cause he seems to be forgotten on that team with stepp and cox. A 6'9 player SHOULD dominate the 14th with ease if he sees the ball. Good win by JBS.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Well, I'm a big Hazard fan and I was at that game and I had a good view of the game. The only reason I can come up with that we lost is because JBS scored more points than we did in the allotted amount of time...9 more points to be exact. I saw 2 good teams playing their hearts out at a sport they love. I saw 2 sets of fans cheering their hearts out for the team they love. One team won and one team didn't. That's the way it's supposed to be. I'm still proud of my Bulldogs. Losing by 9 points or losing by 90 isn't going to change that. More that 50 years ago a HHS teacher wrote these words..."As you represent our school, I urge you to think just a second on the characteristics of the Bulldog. It's up to you to produce the old fighting spirit, the tenacity and determination of the Bulldog; to put your whole heart and soul into every game. Then, whether you win or lose, we are with you all the way. YOU ARE OUR BULLDOGS!!!" Now it's time to congratulate JBS on a good game and on winning the championship and move on. There's other games to play.

very nice post thats away to supports your school on here...
"""Clark Stepp:7 turnovers, 3 rebounds, 2 assist, 0 for 4 from 3 point land(1 airball), 3 for 8, 2 point goals, 6 for 8 free throws. 12 points. 3 for 12 shooting, 7 turnovers, WOW!"""

That = Win for JBS. They have more than one player on their team who can play.
southern comfort Wrote:What is your problem? I really don't think I would be throwing off on any gym. You play in matchbox. JBS won the ymt, great, congrats, get over it. I know you guys are not used to winning anything, but you still got a long way to go before the regional championship has your name on it, and when that time comes I think Hazard and Breathitt will have something to say about it. Many teams have won the ymt and failed to win the region. So, enjoy the victory and quit throwing off on every little thing said. After watching Stepp play last night, I don't think it will hard for a good team to beat you. He really struggled and I'm sure was an embarrasment to his coaches the way he just stood out there and dribbled around and could not get past the defender. It was kind of sad to watch the so called best point guard in the state play so pathetic. Play the pressure D and he falls apart. I bet he had 8 turnovers. I'm surprised we haven't seen any of his stats.Rolleyes

you know, you say jbs isn't used to winning. seems like other schools are stuck in the past. this is a new season. so far, jbs is the top team in the region, it may change and it may not. so quit whining over your loss. it is just one game.
even the best players in the world have bad games. clark is one of the best players in the region, but had a bad game against bell. i think they still one, so what does that say for jbs?