•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle Co 21 Corbin 14
(11-18-2023, 12:51 AM)HenryHankHill Wrote: Somerset won tonight…..

Wonder if
A).  The NIL Twins move back to Somerset and Mark Stops (Stoops, or just Oops) makes a call to get them eligible for next week??
B).  The NIL Twins give up their cool dodge trucks and move to Lexington
C).  They stay in Corbin for. 6th year of eligibility and lose to Haddix again???

stoops needs to focus on trying to beat an average team in Lex……
Clay Clevenger getting it done will make it tougher to get kids to move an hour to Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes REDPUPPY's post:
  • CC117
(11-18-2023, 12:20 AM)The Outsider Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:44 PM)know1 Wrote: The kid that got 3 personal fouls for jumping people cost Corbin the game.

The last 2 calls were incorrect the way I understand the rule.  It's not an infraction if the tackler is going low.  I won't blame the kid, it's just instinct and an official doubling down after Coach Greer let him have it after the previous one that was called.

100% the correct call on all 3 accounts, the defender has to have a body part other than one or both feet touching the ground at the time of the hurdle to be a legal. It sucks because it’s a kid just being an athlete but it is the rule that is very clear. 

With that said, there were tons of missed opportunities by Corbin and those hurdling plays alone didn’t lose the game for them any more than the bizarre play call at the end, the punter rolling right into a blocked punt, the many missed WRs or throws behind them, blah blah. This was a great game but the team as a whole, coaches included lost that game. 
I also thought Corbin looked like the better all around team but tonight they didn’t score more points and that is all that matters. Boyle had more discipline and the intangibles it takes to win big games.

Congrats Boyle Co on a big win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • know1
Congratulations Boyle Co and the legendary Coach Haddix
(11-17-2023, 11:49 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: I told you so, but Corbin had to go.  Cornbin played better than I thought. Haddix I love you buddy, Tom you capped off a 12-1 season yet again.

Bossdaddy, if you are who I think you are (which I am 99.9999% sure) you should have heard what all Justin said about your boy post 2018 state title game. You wouldn’t be crying #A40 and telling him you loved him. Lol.
It's weird that Corbin fans talked up Boyle before this game, saying Boyle would win by four and five scores . And now after watching the damn game , the same Corbin fans won't even admit the obvious and glaring conclusion that Corbin was better. You hate Tommy as much as I do but , unlike me, you can't admit that Tom's team was far better. Just didn't get the big plays or breaks. They did win the high hurdle championship. What a dumbass rule!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
I jumped on the Greer hate train but I take it back. Corbin fans will blame him, but the players lost this game tonight. 3 bonehead hurdling penalties (stop trying after the first one), lack of execution, and Boyle just had the best player. It’s tough but it is what it is. Quisenberry was the difference down the stretch.

I’ll add Corbin legitimately may have been the better team, but the game breaker was wearing #5 for the Rebels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Khalisimo's post:
  • know1
(11-18-2023, 01:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's weird that Corbin fans talked up Boyle before this game, saying Boyle would win by four and five scores . And now after watching the damn game , the same Corbin fans won't even admit the obvious and glaring conclusion that Corbin was better. You hate Tommy as much as I do but , unlike me, you can't admit that Tom's team was far better. Just didn't get the big plays or breaks. They did win the high hurdle championship. What a dumbass rule!!!
When is the Thanksgiving practice this year??
(11-18-2023, 01:02 AM)FootballFan97 Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:49 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: I told you so, but Corbin had to go.  Cornbin played better than I thought. Haddix I love you buddy, Tom you capped off a 12-1 season yet again.

Bossdaddy, if you are who I think you are (which I am 99.9999% sure) you should have heard what all Justin said about your boy post 2018 state title game. You wouldn’t be crying #A40 and telling himyou loved him. Lol.

Your more than welcome to call or text me, better yet message me
And we can make a day of it.  If you know who I am then you know I don’t give af.  Call mei will call you bull crap out.   I know that when he left he cried with both my boys and my son didn’t cowboy up and miss his whole the Taylor and  him made for chase, nor did the hurdling calls hurt him.
(11-17-2023, 11:47 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: I don’t have a dog in this fight but hurdling is one of the dumbest rules I’ve ever seen in the game of football.
I agree that it's dumb. What's dumber is getting called for it 3 times with the last one being a crucial play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • TrojanMan69
(11-18-2023, 01:02 AM)FootballFan97 Wrote:

Bossdaddy, if you are who I think you are (which I am 99.9999% sure) you should have heard what all Justin said about your boy post 2018 state title game. You wouldn’t be crying #A40 and telling him you loved him. Lol.
yeah you don’t know shiz buddy stop acting like you were in the huddle
[-] The following 1 user Likes REDPUPPY's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-17-2023, 11:44 PM)know1 Wrote: The kid that got 3 personal fouls for jumping people cost Corbin the game.

The last 2 calls were incorrect the way I understand the rule.  It's not an infraction if the tackler is going low.  I won't blame the kid, it's just instinct and an official doubling down after Coach Greer let him have it after the previous one that was called.
Did you actually watch them? That wasn't because the defender went low.

(11-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: After Boyle wins at Kroger in two weeks, that weirdo, Paul Taylor, needs to approach Haddix again about returning to Corbin. Haddix, as many of us know, indicated that he wouldn't rule out a return to Corbin but said that three people need to be gone before he would consider it.  The Board needs to fire that silly turd, Dave Cox. Greer need s to be convinced in a Mafia sort of way that he better step aside, or else. And Steve Jewell needs to retire to pasture like an old cow.  Once those bozos are out of the way, Haddix needs to be hired as the most important part of the Phase 2 new look of Campbell Field. Get on it, Paul Taylor, you creepy b#$t@% .
He ain't coming back. That ship has sailed and you seem to be delusional.

(11-18-2023, 12:32 AM)BBN2021 Wrote: Congratulations to Boyle! Haddix is the difference in this game.
Nope it was Quisenberry.
Congrats to Corbin on a great year. #76 is a baller hard nosed football player. Probably the best D-lineman for the Hounds.
I guess now we will see if all the rumors of Greer retiring after this season are true, or if that's all they were, just rumors.
Corbin’s fans can declare themselves the better team all they want, meanwhile on Sunday Boyle goes back to work to try to win #12. A little humility would go a long way…
[-] The following 4 users Like CC117's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Rebel55, Walt Longmire, _Papa_Smurf_
(11-18-2023, 01:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's weird that Corbin fans talked up Boyle before this game, saying Boyle would win by four and five scores . And now after watching the damn game , the same Corbin fans won't even admit the obvious and glaring conclusion that Corbin was better. You hate Tommy as much as I do but , unlike me, you can't admit that Tom's team was far better. Just didn't get the big plays or breaks. They did win the high hurdle championship. What a dumbass rule!!!
As a Boyle fan, I'll admit that Corbin might have been better over all. I was not impressed that Boyle had to resort to Quisenberry carrying them to win. I thought they were better than that. I'll take it, but I don't feel good about it.

Then you understand the rule incorrectly. The rule says that a ball carrier cannot hurdle a defensive player that has 2 feet (and only his 2 feet) on the ground. If he is on a knee or also has a hand down, or has left the ground himself, then it is not a penalty.  It has nothing to do with where the defensive player is located as long as he has 2 feet on the ground.  He can be in a squat like a catcher in baseball and it is still hurdling. Now if he lunges forward and one, or both feet leave the ground, then there is no penalty.
(11-17-2023, 11:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2023, 11:41 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Congrats to Boyle! A great season for Corbin they played a heck of a game, Boyle was just a bit better.
Boyle scored more but they clearly weren't better. What was the time of possession--- 40:00 to 8:00  ?
Well… scoring more is the whole point of football..
[-] The following 2 users Like _Papa_Smurf_'s post:
  • Advicegiver74, TrojanMan69
Congratulations Rebels! What a hard fought game. There was some big time hits down on the field. I thought both teams came ready and left it on the field. Looking forwarded to Turkey practice and Black Friday football in Frankfort.

Congratulation to Corbin on a fine season. Shame that these two had to play in the 3rd. round. Can't wait to watch the twins along with Tommy Ziesmer at UK in the future.
(11-18-2023, 01:36 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

Then you understand the rule incorrectly. The rule says that a ball carrier cannot hurdle a defensive player that has 2 feet (and only his 2 feet) on the ground. If he is on a knee or also has a hand down, or has left the ground himself, then it is not a penalty.  It has nothing to do with where the defensive player is located as long as he has 2 feet on the ground.  He can be in a squat like a catcher in baseball and it is still hurdling. Now if he lunges forward and one, or both feet leave the ground, then there is no penalty.

and that’s why it should be all or nothing. Are we really going to expect a high school ref without replay to be able to catch all of that action? Will they be prepared to look to see if the defender has both feet on the ground? I don’t think so. I think it should either be no hurdlin/jumping period or completely legal. 
there’s no way a ref gets this right at this level.
[-] The following 2 users Like KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Old School 18, RedMachine
So many stupid takes on here. Relying on Quisenberry isn't' a bad thing. He's one of the best players in the state. Would it be some kind of badge of courage to not give him the ball? What a stupid thing to say. Hopefully the game is streamed for free next week so Corbin dads can watch and claim they should would be doing better against Franklin County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • CC117
Let me just say. Corbin peeps 42 years in a row say they are the better team. It’s pride, it’s a way they cope, it’s an old school mindset. Ifs and buts. Bull$hit excuses. Y’all everyone look like clowns that say that stuff. The Boyle people aren’t on here saying how good they are. They are just like the famous AL Davis quote. “ Just win, baby, win!” They go about business, order rings. Justin Haddix will have 4 most likely since he left our town. There are several phases of a game. Off, def, special teams, coaching, effort, execution, and discipline. We didn’t win the game because we were also on the short end of most of those phases. How many passes were completed for Boyle tnight? Are you calling that a win? I’m calling it as Haddix playing to his strength against 2 kids from Somerset, or Connecticut or wherever. Sage didn’t have time to throw. But Quissenberry had speed to hit open lanes. Size? That goes back to effort and discipline. Boyle was smaller obviously. But they had motors that didn’t stop and they were put in the right places that made a difference.

Again. It’s my opinion that Corbin shouldn’t get on here and try to save face anymore. Owning it it’s the best way out. Build from there. The better team won. We didn’t have all the phases together. They did. Makes me sick to read that we were better, we lost. We were not OVERALL better. We recruited, paid for kids, got them eligible for a 5th year a year after the Covid paperwork was to be finalized. If we didn’t have those 2 kids it would have been a running clock. Haddix would have ran and thrown all over us.
[-] The following 10 users Like HighViz's post:
  • CC117, FallRock, FastScreen435, HenryHankHill, Jack Lambert, know1, Rebel55, TD Hounds, Waitaminute, _Papa_Smurf_
(11-17-2023, 11:41 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Congrats to Boyle! A great season for Corbin they played a heck of a game, Boyle was just a bit better.
Boyle scored more but they clearly weren't better. What was the time of possession--- 40:00 to 8:00  ?
Can somebody shut this sore loser up. Old hound you got took to the pound!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Just a fan 12's post:
  • CC117, Jack Lambert
This is one of the dumber comments I have ever read in my life.

Corbin fans saying they have the better team, only to come up short yet again. A tradition like no other.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrojanMan69's post:
  • HenryHankHill, Rebel55
(11-18-2023, 01:20 AM)know1 Wrote:

Did you actually watch them? That wasn't because the defender went low.

(11-18-2023, 12:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: After Boyle wins at Kroger in two weeks, that weirdo, Paul Taylor, needs to approach Haddix again about returning to Corbin. Haddix, as many of us know, indicated that he wouldn't rule out a return to Corbin but said that three people need to be gone before he would consider it.  The Board needs to fire that silly turd, Dave Cox. Greer need s to be convinced in a Mafia sort of way that he better step aside, or else. And Steve Jewell needs to retire to pasture like an old cow.  Once those bozos are out of the way, Haddix needs to be hired as the most important part of the Phase 2 new look of Campbell Field. Get on it, Paul Taylor, you creepy b#$t@% .
He ain't coming back. That ship has sailed and you seem to be delusional.

(11-18-2023, 12:32 AM)BBN2021 Wrote: Congratulations to Boyle! Haddix is the difference in this game.
Nope it was Quisenberry.

Hey Whiny, I happen to know what Haddix said when he was asked. He didn't rule it out.

(11-18-2023, 01:50 AM)Just a fan 12 Wrote:
Can somebody shut this sore loser up. Old hound you got took to the pound!!!
Boyle had one player that was better and he was the difference, along with the Corbin high hurdler.
Maybe Corbin can have hurdling contest in the newest and most expensive stadium in the mountains.
[-] The following 2 users Like With A Cause's post:
  • CC117, KnoxvillesFinest
Congratulations to Boyle. Great teams always find ways to win. Unfortunately they basically return everyone next year after Looking at the roster. May be time to move to 5A..
(11-18-2023, 01:50 AM)HighViz Wrote: Let me just say.  Corbin peeps 42 years in a row say they are the better team.  It’s pride, it’s a way they cope, it’s an old school mindset.  Ifs and buts. Bull$hit excuses. Y’all everyone look like clowns that say that stuff.  The Boyle people aren’t on here saying how good they are. They are just like the famous AL Davis quote. “ Just win, baby, win!” They go about business, order rings.  Justin Haddix will have 4 most likely since he left our town.  There are several phases of a game.  Off, def, special teams, coaching, effort, execution, and discipline.  We didn’t win the game because we were also on the short end of most of those phases.  How many passes were completed for Boyle tnight? Are you calling that a win? I’m calling it as Haddix playing to his strength against 2 kids from Somerset, or Connecticut or wherever.  Sage didn’t have time to throw.  But Quissenberry had speed to hit open lanes. Size? That goes back to effort and discipline.  Boyle was smaller obviously. But they had motors that didn’t stop and they were put in the right places that made a difference. 

Again.  It’s my opinion that Corbin shouldn’t get on here and try to save face anymore.  Owning it it’s the best way out.  Build from there.  The better team won. We didn’t have all the phases together.  They did.  Makes me sick to read that we were better, we lost.  We were not OVERALL better.  We recruited, paid for kids, got them eligible for a 5th year a year after the Covid paperwork was to be finalized.  If we didn’t have those 2 kids it would have been a running clock.  Haddix would have ran and thrown all over us.

You never gave Corbin a chance in this game, going back 3 months. You were wrong. Corbin lost the game but even a nutjob could have watched this game and seen that Corbin was better. You just can't bring yourself to say that because you think it hurts the case you make that Darrell Tremaine and Steve Hart cost Corbin another title. Sometimes it really is true that the better team loses. Go ahead, it's okay, admit it, for once.
"Brilliant coaching"...It was 2nd grade youth league coaching. Take the ball and give it to your best player. I thought Corbin ran a much more systematic offense and diverse play calling. But here's what Quisenberry did, surrounded by Corbin defenders, probably the best tackling team I've saw in years, Quisenberry would make them miss with an explosive move to pull out of the first hit, he'd make a move and make 2 guys miss within a 2 yard span, then he'd either finally get enough bodies on him to go down, or he'd find the hole and be in the end zone. He was the reason Boyle won, plain and simple. I don't see how a sane person couldn't see that. Which, in the end, all that matters is who carries the W. And having said that, if I were Haddix, putting the ball in Quisenberry's hands is exactly what I'd have done.
(11-18-2023, 02:08 AM)smoke1015 Wrote: "Brilliant coaching"...It was 2nd grade youth league coaching. Take the ball and give it to your best player. I thought Corbin ran a much more systematic offense and diverse play calling. But here's what Quisenberry did, surrounded by Corbin defenders, probably the best tackling team I've saw in years, Quisenberry would make them miss with an explosive move to pull out of the first hit, he'd make a move and make 2 guys miss within a 2 yard span, then he'd either finally get enough bodies on him to go down, or he'd find the hole and be in the end zone. He was the reason Boyle won, plain and simple. I don't see how a sane person couldn't see that. Which, in the end, all that matters is who carries the W. And having said that, if I were Haddix, putting the ball in Quisenberry's hands is exactly what I'd have done.

Without Quisenberry, you and I(and everyone on here) know Boyle loses. Corbin had the overall better roster , by far.
(11-18-2023, 02:06 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 01:50 AM)HighViz Wrote: Let me just say.  Corbin peeps 42 years in a row say they are the better team.  It’s pride, it’s a way they cope, it’s an old school mindset.  Ifs and buts. Bull$hit excuses. Y’all everyone look like clowns that say that stuff.  The Boyle people aren’t on here saying how good they are. They are just like the famous AL Davis quote. “ Just win, baby, win!” They go about business, order rings.  Justin Haddix will have 4 most likely since he left our town.  There are several phases of a game.  Off, def, special teams, coaching, effort, execution, and discipline.  We didn’t win the game because we were also on the short end of most of those phases.  How many passes were completed for Boyle tnight? Are you calling that a win? I’m calling it as Haddix playing to his strength against 2 kids from Somerset, or Connecticut or wherever.  Sage didn’t have time to throw.  But Quissenberry had speed to hit open lanes. Size? That goes back to effort and discipline.  Boyle was smaller obviously. But they had motors that didn’t stop and they were put in the right places that made a difference. 

Again.  It’s my opinion that Corbin shouldn’t get on here and try to save face anymore.  Owning it it’s the best way out.  Build from there.  The better team won. We didn’t have all the phases together.  They did.  Makes me sick to read that we were better, we lost.  We were not OVERALL better.  We recruited, paid for kids, got them eligible for a 5th year a year after the Covid paperwork was to be finalized.  If we didn’t have those 2 kids it would have been a running clock.  Haddix would have ran and thrown all over us.

You never gave Corbin a chance in this game, going back 3 months. You were wrong. Corbin lost the game but even a nutjob could have watched this game and seen that Corbin was better. You just can't bring yourself to say that because you think it hurts the case you make that Darrell Tremaine and Steve Hart cost Corbin another title. Sometimes it really is true that the better team loses. Go ahead, it's okay, admit it, for once.
OSH. I promise we were not better.   I tried to say it all year long.    You sir, are a fool.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next