Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
9.38%
Corbin
90.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 9/29
(09-24-2023, 09:16 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:10 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 07:29 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 07:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I hope your right Jack but I don’t see JC falling off that badly in one year, I’d take it though.

Big Grin Big Grin  That looks like Dougie trying to steal your popcorn…

That might be what I look like if I ever get to eat some of his pulled pork.... Smile

You'd think that with him and I both having some familial roots down around Meadowcreek he would have already pulled me some of that pork.

I’m hungry right now.  Smile

I could eat pulled pork anytime. One of my favorites.  I had homemade lasagna today.

Smile I made spaghetti and put hamburger in the sauce today....I like Lasagna...
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound, pjdoug
Where’s it at?
Start threads like Corbin @ Johnson central

Makes it easier

I think JCs run is done
Matney will probably never be replaced over there

Corbin 49
JC 14
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Spud6
(09-24-2023, 09:03 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Look the only thing that matters…. Where’s HOOT?

Smile I don't know what he is doing.
(09-24-2023, 09:03 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Look the only thing that matters…. Where’s HOOT?

He went to sh*t and the hogs ate him.
(09-24-2023, 09:48 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: Where’s it at?
Start threads like Corbin @ Johnson central

Makes it easier

I think JCs run is done
Matney will probably never be replaced over there

Corbin 49
JC 14
I don’t think  you ever replace a guy like him. You just got out and get the best possible guy you can. I don’t think that’s peck but I understand why he’s there. Same reason Greer is ours. Loyalty and politics keep them there.
(09-24-2023, 07:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 05:34 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Corbin Big possibly a running clock !
I hope your right Jack but I don’t see JC falling off that badly in one year, I’d take it though.

(09-24-2023, 03:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile Johnson Central is a very good team this year....

[Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.e3001ac7c363...ImgRaw&r=0]

Its just the Grizzlys are in town...... Smile

Corbin 42
JC 00

That might be what I look like if I ever get to eat some of his pulled pork.... Smile

You'd think that with him and I both having some familial roots down around Meadowcreek he would have already pulled me some of that pork.

You guys just say when and I'll cook some up for you.
(09-24-2023, 09:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 07:29 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: That might be what I look like if I ever get to eat some of his pulled pork.... Smile

I could eat pulled pork anytime. One of my favorites.  I had homemade lasagna today.

Smile I made spaghetti and put hamburger in the sauce today....I like Lasagna...

Sounds good. I like to make homemade lasagna and spaghetti.
(09-24-2023, 09:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

[Image: https://media.tenor.com/images/d1a455a11.../tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(09-24-2023, 07:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I hope your right Jack but I don’t see JC falling off that badly in one year, I’d take it though.

I make my own spice mixes and sauces. trying to find out how to get them bottled.
(09-24-2023, 10:00 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 07:29 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: That might be what I look like if I ever get to eat some of his pulled pork.... Smile

I make my own spice mixes and sauces. trying to find out how to get them bottled.

Hmmmmmmm. That CP Meats guy should know.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(09-24-2023, 10:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 10:00 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 09:10 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: You'd think that with him and I both having some familial roots down around Meadowcreek he would have already pulled me some of that pork.

Hmmmmmmm. That CP Meats guy should know.  Smile

I didn't think to ask Tony. I'm trying to think up a good barbecue name. smoked hind end doesn't sound catchy enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-24-2023, 01:32 PM)64SUR Wrote: I really believe Corbin has the best defensive team in the state and will be surprised if central scores against the hounds………Anyone if welcome to remind me late Friday night

Corbin 42
Johnson Central 00

If Corbin shuts out JC, it will be the first time they have been shutout since Oct. 30, 2015 against Belfry. The shutout Corbin pitched against FD was only the second time FD has ever been shutout. The last time that happened, was their first game they ever played against Danville. I definitely think Corbin wins regardless if it's a shutout or not.
(09-24-2023, 09:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Smile I laughed my ass off over that. My mamaw and pawpaw used to say that all the time when we were kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
Corbin 55 Johnson Central 14
35-0 Hounds ……..
Jc is as healthy as they’re going to be. They lost McCourt and a d lineman for the season with a torn acl. If Jc can keep their running backs in the game and the plays away from their young d backs then the game will be competitive. However, if Corbin comes in physical on defense it will be hard to keep their running backs in the game. Combine that with Corbin’s offense getting into the secondary this game could get ugly.
(09-25-2023, 09:31 AM)Upnorth Wrote: Jc is as healthy as they’re going to be. They lost McCourt and a d lineman for the season with a torn acl. If Jc can keep their running backs in the game and the plays away from their young d backs then the game will be competitive. However, if Corbin comes in physical on defense it will be hard to keep their running backs in the game. Combine that with Corbin’s offense getting into the secondary this game could get ugly.
That kind of changes my perspective, Corbin has a lot of depth at the receiver position that they’ve not shown a whole lot of yet…If this is the game that the OC finally decides to show his hand then in may get ugly….
Corbin, 38-7
(09-25-2023, 09:42 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 09:31 AM)Upnorth Wrote: Jc is as healthy as they’re going to be. They lost McCourt and a d lineman for the season with a torn acl. If Jc can keep their running backs in the game and the plays away from their young d backs then the game will be competitive. However, if Corbin comes in physical on defense it will be hard to keep their running backs in the game. Combine that with Corbin’s offense getting into the secondary this game could get ugly.
That kind of changes my perspective, Corbin has a lot of depth at the receiver position that they’ve not shown a whole lot of yet…If this is the game that the OC finally decides to show his hand then in may get ugly….

This may be the game he opens it up some. I have a feeling he's holding back his full complement of plays for a potential game with Boyle. If Corbin opens up the offense, JC is in deep doo doo. If they keep it very vanilla like they have thus far and Central is able to have some success on the ground and maintain some long drives, then it could be competitive. As I mentioned earlier, if JC's first couple or three drives are 3 and outs, it's gonna be a long night for them.
Closer game that people are expecting.
Corbin- 28
JC- 17
(09-25-2023, 11:03 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Closer game that people are expecting.
Corbin- 28
JC- 17

Wouldn't shock me. Would mildly surprise me but wouldn't shock me.
Johnson Central competing for state championships is a thing of the past. They'll be lucky to score against Corbin Big Grin
(09-25-2023, 11:03 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Closer game that people are expecting.
Corbin- 28
JC- 17

Smile
Best place to eat for a visitor coming?
(09-25-2023, 08:01 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Best place to eat for a visitor coming?
According to what your taste buds want…
There is a Mexican restaurant Si Senor that a lot of people like within about a mile of Campbell Field.  There is an Applebees, Brooklyn Brothers Pizza, Bubbys Barbecue, and various fast food restaurants off the far exit of I 75.  The Northern exit has David’s Steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, Sonny’s bbq, and my personal favorite (Dougie will also probably agree it’s really good)Smokey Bears BBQ….On Main Street closer to the stadium is The Wrigley, The Depot, Austin City Saloon, Scully’s, on up the road the other direction is Old Town Grill, Mi Casa Mexican, Yamato Japanese ,and a King Buffet (which will send you straight to the concourse and our updated restrooms once you reach the field).  If you have any questions you can PM me and I’ll try and help you any way I can, hope you enjoy our town but leave disappointed…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug, Waitaminute
Was hoping to make it to this one…but, I am in Alaska on vacation…we shall see. This should be an interesting game. Corbin is, and should be, the heavy favorite.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin 49 - JC 13
(09-25-2023, 08:42 PM)Old guy Wrote: Was hoping to make it to this one…but, I am in Alaska on vacation…we shall see. This should be an interesting game. Corbin is, and should be, the heavy favorite.

Nice!! I have seen it on T.V.
(09-25-2023, 08:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:01 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Best place to eat for a visitor coming?
There is a Mexican restaurant Si Senor that a lot of people like within about a mile of Campbell Field.  There is an Applebees, Brooklyn Brothers Pizza, Bubbys Barbecue, and various fast food restaurants off the far exit of I 75.  The Northern exit has David’s Steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, Sonny’s bbq, and my personal favorite (Dougie will also probably agree it’s really good)Smokey Bears BBQ….On Main Street closer to the stadium is The Wrigley, The Depot, Austin City Saloon, Scully’s, on up the road the other direction is Old Town Grill, Mi Casa Mexican, Yamato Japanese ,and a King Buffet (which will send you straight to the concourse and our updated restrooms once you reach the field).  If you have any questions you can PM me and I’ll try and help you any way I can, hope you enjoy our town but leave disappointed…

Appreciate the feedback! May have to try Smokey Bears BBQ sounds good
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • pjdoug
(09-25-2023, 08:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Smokey Bears has the best barbecue in Corbin. I usually get the Jailbreaker sandwich. Bubby's has good catfish.  David's Steakhouse is usually good. I had ribs and baked potato there yesterday. Wah Weng Garden is another place if you like Chinese. Santa Fe Mexican is pretty good too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Deuce8