Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Football 06
what to expect.
They're not good enough to win state but maybe there good enough to win Region ! Them and Johnson Central will be a Classic this year ! I'd say they'll lose maybe 4 or 5 games !
we comeback to p-burg this year
Yep and where looking for some pay back !
Ashland will be fine. They have a very good schedule that may cause a few problems for them.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
I don't see 4 or 5 losses on the schedule.
:coach: practice starts monday.
Ashland will have a solid team this season.
I think Ashland will field another excellent team and will be the favorites to win the district they always seem to have talented players.
An old rivalry will be renewed when Belfry and the Pond Creek Nation invade Putnam Stadium this fall.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Belfry/Ashland game should be a dandy. What's the date of the game?
It's going to be a great game. it's aug.25th if I'am not mistaken.
the week is max week in the weight room.:wieghts:
Tomcats = Tradition!

They WILL be Great this year! I can't wait for our match-up with them. Fireworks for sure!TongueirateSho
Should be the game of the year.
we have some position changes that include Matt Thomas playing monster. Andrew Dillon playing DT. Michael Walters Playing OT. Andrew Dillon moved to gaurd.
we have a new o-line coach. not sure of his first name but his last name is Hale. he was the center on the 1990 state o-line.
the team is coming together good after a week in practice.
just got back from camp. the team is pulling together great. Drew is playing Qb.
I expect and I also know that the tomcats are gonna have alot of sr's this year like a yr before. I expect the running game to be a factor this year. As well as the pass but lets take it one game at a time.
And my boy drew is qb this year can we say mini vick he can scramble which was a disadvantage for us last year.
he looked a little jumpy in the pocket tonight in the scrimmage but cambell co was a really good team.
we got a new Qb from ironton. he's a sophmore. and a kid from russell
state team??????????? guess we have to find out.
another kid from Ironton came today. looks like a Lb.
Ashland is looking very vulnerable early this season. They've scrimmaged a solid Cambell Co team and a tradition driven Ironton team. Both games seem to have been a 28-14 range loss if they were played during the regular season. This team has great potential but still has a lot of room to grow to capture that potential.

I look for Ashland to lose to the eventual 2A state champs, whether it be Russell or Belfry. I also look for Ashland to lose their first district matchup in 3 seasons and allowing the district championship slide to Johnson Central at the Eagle's Nest this season. I see two struggles with Portsmouth West and Prestonsburg on the road as well as both teams will be looking for some serious revenge after last season's games left a bittersweet taste in their mouths.

As for a prediction as of tonight, I see Ashland finishing either 8-4 or 7-5 with losses to Russell, Belfry, P West or Prestonsburg, and Johnson Central.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland is looking very vulnerable early this season. They've scrimmaged a solid Cambell Co team and a tradition driven Ironton team. Both games seem to have been a 28-14 range loss if they were played during the regular season. This team has great potential but still has a lot of room to grow to capture that potential.

I look for Ashland to lose to the eventual 2A state champs, whether it be Russell or Belfry. I also look for Ashland to lose their first district matchup in 3 seasons and allowing the district championship slide to Johnson Central at the Eagle's Nest this season. I see two struggles with Portsmouth West and Prestonsburg on the road as well as both teams will be looking for some serious revenge after last season's games left a bittersweet taste in their mouths.

As for a prediction as of tonight, I see Ashland finishing either 8-4 or 7-5 with losses to Russell, Belfry, P West or Prestonsburg, and Johnson Central.

I dont think that Ashland is going to be hardly that bad but i guess we'll see. Season starts Friday and i cant wait.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland is looking very vulnerable early this season. They've scrimmaged a solid Cambell Co team and a tradition driven Ironton team. Both games seem to have been a 28-14 range loss if they were played during the regular season. This team has great potential but still has a lot of room to grow to capture that potential.

I dont see a record this bad either. P West and Prestonsburg were both games that the Starters were out after half time. Unless huge changes were made in these clubs I dont see them being loses for the Tomcats. Everyone plays their top game for the Cats, but I really dont know why people are saying there that bad. Two scrimmages against two very good football teams and both games were close. If I remember right neither scrimmage from last year were real pretty. Ashland will be Ashland, and although they may not be the District favorite, I believe in the end they will be right there fighting for it.
true true but they did loose alot to graduation so this well be a test as well.
Yoter00 Wrote:I dont see a record this bad either. P West and Prestonsburg were both games that the Starters were out after half time. Unless huge changes were made in these clubs I dont see them being loses for the Tomcats. Everyone plays their top game for the Cats, but I really dont know why people are saying there that bad. Two scrimmages against two very good football teams and both games were close. If I remember right neither scrimmage from last year were real pretty. Ashland will be Ashland, and although they may not be the District favorite, I believe in the end they will be right there fighting for it.

The reason the thought for a loss to either P West or Prestonsburg in my mind isn't based off solely the fact of how Ashland has scrimmaged so far or because I think we're not as good as last year or the other team's are that improved.

My reasons for thinking that we may drop one of those two games is for a combination of reasons.
1. Those are the first 2 games this season Ashland will be playing on the road (including scrimmages)
2. Both of those teams are looking for serious respect after last years' contests
3. I worry about us being emotional and physically drained after playing the season opener against a respected Raceland team, rival and defending 2A state champ Russell, and 03 and 04 2A state champs Belfry

I could just very easily see Ashland get snakebit during one of those road games.