Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-17-2022, 06:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Teams this good never quit if they are down in the 4th much less the 1st

I agree
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
My sack of money is on the take the points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-17-2022, 06:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 06:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Last and most important post on this thread.
JC has some chinks in their armor with their losses + almost/should have lost to Letcher.
Having said that they have the ability on any given night to rise up and bulldoze you.
I really like this Redhound team but Corbin fans on here are getting ahead of themselves

BEWARE CORBIN

We've seen it in very recent history.  If Central marches down on the first drive and scores like last year, eating up most of the first quarter clock, the game is on.  Corbin needs to nip it in the bud from the get go. The initial possesssion is huge, if nothing more than for the subsequent  psychological impact.
Last year I’d agree 110%. It seems like our offense methodically got up field then scored in most games and took time. Probably because of the “play calling” Wink   But this year our O is dangerous  on just about every play and can return a score in under a minute. To me, if they go down and score i wouldn’t be too worried this year. Unless they are getting big chunks at a time. 
(11-17-2022, 06:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I don’t even believe in first drive anymore. It’s a 15 round heavyweight fight at this stage. Momentum can swing back and forth. Best team overall can get off the mat and win. Get ready for a 4 quarter slugfest.
Yep! 

WTH?!! $10 per person?!!!!! Does every fan get a complimentary back rub? Or toilet paper with all chili and beer that’s gonna be running through people?!
(11-17-2022, 02:36 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 02:32 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 02:28 AM)Gold River Wrote: It’s about 43 hours till kick off

You mean, 43 hours until a Jacob Baker touchback.
He’s so pumped he may knock out a bus window. Lol

(11-17-2022, 01:52 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Hope Corbin doesn't shoot fireworks pre-game or after scores. With all those eating chili buns, pulled pork, and cowboy beans that place could be a tender box.
Adult depends help out. Keeps the fumes in.

(11-17-2022, 01:46 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 01:01 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 11:39 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Way to quiet here…..

About as quiet as it’s going to be when Corbin once again can’t win a state championship ??

Go play in the road at a busy intersection, North Laurel has never been relevant in anything except talking out their rear end….
North who? Not sure I recognize that football school. Are they 1a or 2a?
Now Sgt Slaughter now you have made me feel bad don’t put them in 1A with Pikeville they have to be in a different class
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
Those are liable to freeze solid, and all you'll have will be chocolate shakes!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-17-2022, 07:28 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 02:36 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 02:32 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 02:28 AM)Gold River Wrote: It’s about 43 hours till kick off

You mean, 43 hours until a Jacob Baker touchback.
He’s so pumped he may knock out a bus window. Lol

(11-17-2022, 01:52 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Hope Corbin doesn't shoot fireworks pre-game or after scores. With all those eating chili buns, pulled pork, and cowboy beans that place could be a tender box.
Adult depends help out. Keeps the fumes in.

(11-17-2022, 01:46 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 01:01 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 11:39 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Way to quiet here…..

About as quiet as it’s going to be when Corbin once again can’t win a state championship ??

Go play in the road at a busy intersection, North Laurel has never been relevant in anything except talking out their rear end….
North who? Not sure I recognize that football school. Are they 1a or 2a?
Now Sgt Slaughter now you have made me feel bad don’t put them in 1A with Pikeville they have to be in a different class
Yea sorry. Pikeville would eat their lunch and make them take the trash out. Not sure what class they belong in. Maybe 7a. They’d be top of it every year. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Patriot1
(11-17-2022, 07:30 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Those are liable to freeze solid, and all you'll have will be chocolate shakes!
I know how to keep it from freezing.... Smile
[Image: https://media1.giphy.com/media/26gJyYfnb....webp&ct=g]
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Granny Bear, Hoot Gibson, pjdoug, Sgt Slaughter
(11-17-2022, 04:41 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 03:58 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 03:35 PM)Corbin Wrote: I don't care what teams they support. They have sucked from the word go. Doesn't that Dixon guy have something to do with it? If so, that explains a lot.

He should be in The View. Same personality type. Give an opinion and hear no others
We talking about Hoot or Dixon? Lol I’m just kidding hoot. Maybe basketball, but football wise he’s clueless!!

both or same.
(11-17-2022, 07:11 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 06:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 06:14 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Last and most important post on this thread.
JC has some chinks in their armor with their losses + almost/should have lost to Letcher.
Having said that they have the ability on any given night to rise up and bulldoze you.
I really like this Redhound team but Corbin fans on here are getting ahead of themselves

BEWARE CORBIN

We've seen it in very recent history.  If Central marches down on the first drive and scores like last year, eating up most of the first quarter clock, the game is on.  Corbin needs to nip it in the bud from the get go. The initial possesssion is huge, if nothing more than for the subsequent  psychological impact.
Last year I’d agree 110%. It seems like our offense methodically got up field then scored in most games and took time. Probably because of the “play calling” Wink   But this year our O is dangerous  on just about every play and can return a score in under a minute. To me, if they go down and score i wouldn’t be too worried this year. Unless they are getting big chunks at a time. 
(11-17-2022, 06:57 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I don’t even believe in first drive anymore. It’s a 15 round heavyweight fight at this stage. Momentum can swing back and forth. Best team overall can get off the mat and win. Get ready for a 4 quarter slugfest.
Yep! 

WTH?!! $10 per person?!!!!! Does every fan get a complimentary back rub? Or toilet paper with all chili and beer that’s gonna be running through people?!
Thats to help pay for our recently remolded bathroom at visitors request. We now have Binets w/ heated seats. Don’t forget your courtesy peppermint for washing your hands. Please feel free to explore our waiting room as you enter the laboratory of bowel relief. For a mere 5$ extra you can relieve yourself and relax to the calm but High pitched calls from the wild. Eagle version I believe. So please don’t hesitate to pay the 5$ I mean 10$ entrance fee. It’s all for you , the fans. Thx for visiting our little town , and please don’t come back.

If we get beat I’m moving to Canada
  • Hound05

BEWARE CORBIN

Corbin is gonna smoke some eagle hind end worse than they smoked yours.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter
(11-17-2022, 07:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Smile I know all that......

Whats your score prediction and bring a big sack of money...... Big Grin

I wanna place a wager on this one.
Corbin is gonna deliver a quick KO!
Last season when JC got the first two scores, the game was over. Those that were there know what I'm saying.  This season's squad seems different. Pikeville hit them in the mouth with two early scores and Corbin hit back and completely dominated the next two and a half quarters. More focused, more unified, more determined. This season's Redhounds are a much better TEAM than last seasons.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Sgt Slaughter, TD Hounds
Less than 24 hrs the battle of Lynn camp creek will be raging.
  • Bull got out!
This date in Redhounds' history ...

On this date, Nov. 17, 1939, Ted Meadors' Corbin Redhounds completed an undefeated, untied season by beating Danvillle 7-0 . Over the eight-week period from 9/22 - 11/17 , the Hounds surrendered a grand total of ONE score, a 2-pt. safety to Middlesboro at Bradner Stadium in the 'Boro . Corbin surrendered just one other score on the season, a season-opening TD to Dixie Heights. Nine points given up all season... not too shabby !!!

Those guys were deserving of that "mythical " state title.

(11-17-2022, 09:58 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Less than 24 hrs the battle of Lynn camp creek will be raging.

Sounds like a civil war battle.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(11-17-2022, 10:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This date in Redhounds' history ...

On this date,  Nov. 17, 1939, Ted Meadors' Corbin Redhounds completed an undefeated, untied season by beating Danvillle  7-0 .  Over the eight-week period from 9/22 - 11/17 , the Hounds surrendered  a grand total  of ONE score, a 2-pt. safety to Middlesboro at Bradner Stadium in the 'Boro . Corbin surrendered just one other score on the season, a season-opening TD to Dixie Heights.  Nine points given up all season... not too shabby !!!

(11-17-2022, 09:58 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Less than 24 hrs the battle of Lynn camp creek will be raging.

Dang OSH. You’ve done some dag home awesome research.
(11-17-2022, 10:01 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: This date in Redhounds' history ...

On this date,  Nov. 17, 1939, Ted Meadors' Corbin Redhounds completed an undefeated, untied season by beating Danvillle  7-0 .  Over the eight-week period from 9/22 - 11/17 , the Hounds surrendered  a grand total  of ONE score, a 2-pt. safety to Middlesboro at Bradner Stadium in the 'Boro . Corbin surrendered just one other score on the season, a season-opening TD to Dixie Heights.  Nine points given up all season... not too shabby !!!

Ted Meadors is my cousin.
https://www.13thregionmedianetwork.com/?p=5456&fbclid=IwAR0zVHaryQnxJk4itn44l4q8J1dpN88Zuc86hFBdr-KH-zhQ_qozgMU0ygM

We finally had a perfect week.

It’s taken a while but we posted a 6-0 mark, improving our overall record to 103-21 for the season, which is good enough for an .830 winning percentage.

Can we keep it going this week?

We’re hoping so.

Class 4A, Region 4 Finals

Johnson Central (10-2) at Corbin (12-0)

Friday’s matchup between these two teams will mark the third year in a row they’ve faced-off in the regional finals.

The Golden Eagles won the previous two contests, but Corbin will enter the game as a heavy favorite.

The Redhounds’ own Class 4A’s top RPI rating at .75319 while Johnson Central’s RPI is .62269.

The Golden Eagles have reeled off eight straight wins. They lost to Ohio’s Ironton High School, 32-21, while their only in-state loss was to North Laurel (15-14).

If you’re going to beat Johnson Central, you’re gonna have to slow down its ground attack of Zack McCoart, Chase Price, and Mason Lawson.

The Golden Eagles are averaging 364.5 rushing yards per game. In their wins over Corbin the past two seasons, they ran for 384 yards in 2020, and 454 yards in last season’s game.

But this is a different Redhound team.

Just in case if you’ve not been paying attention, Corbin hasn’t allowed a point since Sept. 30 — yep, six consecutive shut outs. If Tom Greer’s squad blanks Johnson Central Friday, they’ll tie the school record of seven straight shutouts that was recorded by former coach Nick Denes’ Redhounds way back in 1935.

Just to make things even more interesting, the last time a visiting team scored at Campbell Field was Sept. 9 (Pulaski County).

The Redhounds are allowing only 90 yards rushing per game, so something has to give.

Corbin possesses a career 81-42 playoff record while going 0-2 all-time against the Golden Eagles.

Johnson Central is 48-20 in playoff action.

Who wins? We feel like Corbin is on a mission, and will pitch another shutout in the process. If the Redhounds can limit Johnson Central to under 225 rushing yards, they’re gonna cruise. Corbin advances, 31-0.

Les Dixon
(11-17-2022, 10:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: https://www.13thregionmedianetwork.com/?p=5456&fbclid=IwAR0zVHaryQnxJk4itn44l4q8J1dpN88Zuc86hFBdr-KH-zhQ_qozgMU0ygM

It’s taken a while but we posted a 6-0 mark, improving our overall record to 103-21 for the season, which is good enough for an .830 winning percentage.

We’re hoping so.

Friday’s matchup between these two teams will mark the third year in a row they’ve faced-off in the regional finals.

The Golden Eagles won the previous two contests, but Corbin will enter the game as a heavy favorite.

The Redhounds’ own Class 4A’s top RPI rating at .75319 while Johnson Central’s RPI is .62269.

The Golden Eagles have reeled off eight straight wins. They lost to Ohio’s Ironton High School, 32-21, while their only in-state loss was to North Laurel (15-14).

If you’re going to beat Johnson Central, you’re gonna have to slow down its ground attack of Zack McCoart, Chase Price, and Mason Lawson.

The Golden Eagles are averaging 364.5 rushing yards per game. In their wins over Corbin the past two seasons, they ran for 384 yards in 2020, and 454 yards in last season’s game.

Just in case if you’ve not been paying attention, Corbin hasn’t allowed a point since Sept. 30 — yep, six consecutive shut outs. If Tom Greer’s squad blanks Johnson Central Friday, they’ll tie the school record of seven straight shutouts that was recorded by former coach Nick Denes’ Redhounds way back in 1935.

Just to make things even more interesting, the last time a visiting team scored at Campbell Field was Sept. 9 (Pulaski County).

The Redhounds are allowing only 90 yards rushing per game, so something has to give.

Corbin possesses a career 81-42 playoff record while going 0-2 all-time against the Golden Eagles.

Who wins? We feel like Corbin is on a mission, and will pitch another shutout in the process. If the Redhounds can limit Johnson Central to under 225 rushing yards, they’re gonna cruise. Corbin advances, 31-0.

Les Dixon
Bold prediction there by Les Dickless.
The one dimensional offense is in trouble
(11-17-2022, 10:42 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 10:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: https://www.13thregionmedianetwork.com/?p=5456&fbclid=IwAR0zVHaryQnxJk4itn44l4q8J1dpN88Zuc86hFBdr-KH-zhQ_qozgMU0ygM

We’re hoping so.

Les Dixon

Smile You just made me spit out my teeth LOL....
(11-17-2022, 10:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 10:42 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:

We’re hoping so.

Les Dixon

Smile You just made me spit out my teeth LOL....

Fear-Les Dickless. lol. This thread will be in the news.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-17-2022, 09:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Last season when JC got the first two scores, the game was over. Those that were there know what I'm saying.  This season's squad seems different. Pikeville hit them in the mouth with two early scores and Corbin hit back and completely dominated the next two and a half quarters. More focused, more unified, more determined. This season's Redhounds are a much better TEAM than last seasons.
Yep! If JC were to take it and score, like I said earlier, last year I would be worried. But this team has some guts. They’ve been Behind before like you said, it didn’t rattle them. Plus after a Greg Taylor pregame speech the thing getting rattled is some JC heads
Wonder why Corbin has never had a big train whistle to play after touchdowns or instead of listening to the PA guy scream first down like a lunatic? With the field being right next to the train yard and Corbin being known for choo choo trains, it’d make sense and be somewhat unique.

Also, the spirit line thing is pretty lame anymore. There is no build up with music like there used to be in the 90’s with GNR. All you have is the band toot their horns for about 10 seconds and drown out the cheerleaders. No offense to the band as they work really hard but I’d exclude them for that part of the game. You could do a lot with the atmosphere, especially with those new fancy light bulbs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Hound05
Is this game going to be live streamed?
(11-17-2022, 11:19 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-17-2022, 09:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Last season when JC got the first two scores, the game was over. Those that were there know what I'm saying.  This season's squad seems different. Pikeville hit them in the mouth with two early scores and Corbin hit back and completely dominated the next two and a half quarters. More focused, more unified, more determined. This season's Redhounds are a much better TEAM than last seasons.
Yep! If JC were to take it and score, like I said earlier, last year I would be worried. But this team has some guts. They’ve been Behind before like you said, it didn’t rattle them. Plus after a Greg Taylor pregame speech the thing getting rattled is some JC heads

Maybe Greg fired up his son's team with a Lombardi-esque speech. He and the Bengals looked unstoppable their last game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
(11-18-2022, 12:24 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Is this game going to be live streamed?
T1073.com will have it streaming for 5 bucks. I think the 13th region media football group on Facebook will be doing a stream as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Honestly they shouldn’t need anything. Having their teammate lay on the field for 45 minutes waiting on an ambulance 2 years ago with some idiots screaming to take him off the field with “you ain’t nothing but a hound dog” blaring, and the embarrassing performance (that wasn’t their fault) on their home field last year, should have them ready.
(11-18-2022, 12:43 AM)Corbin Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 12:24 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Is this game going to be live streamed?
T1073.com will have it streaming for 5 bucks. I think the 13th region media football group on Facebook will be doing a stream as well.
No. It’s KSR’s game of the week. They’ll be streaming for free on liberal sports radio. I mean Kentucky sports radio. 13th media networthless will just be calling it on air from what I understood.
(11-18-2022, 12:46 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 12:43 AM)Corbin Wrote:
No. It’s KSR’s game of the week. They’ll be streaming for free on liberal sports radio. I mean Kentucky sports radio. 13th media networthless will just be calling it on air from what I understood.
I didn’t think KSR streamed them. I always thought Freddie just came to town and would report on it. I’ve not seen any other games on there.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next