Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor Co @ Bell Co 11/29 3A State Semi
Thoughts?

Bell Co 44
Taylor Co 18
35 21
Going to do a lot of thinking about this one. Confusednicker:
It should be great game, Taylor will come to play. We will have to play our best game of year to win. Go Cats!!!!
We finally should have a good gauge about how good Bell is. Taylor should be the best team they have faced.
64sur Wrote:going to do a lot of thinking about this one. Confusednicker:

😁
"Master vs Protege"...This game has an interesting storyline. Can Bell stop Tre Goodin and a very solid Taylor County line? Taylor tries to force you to run, take away the pass and they have a good ball hawking corner...Bell goes how their QB goes. Good night for him, probably a bad night for Taylor. I figure this is more evenly matched than much of the state figures...Log Mountain may be the biggest factor...
Beer I’m drinking tells me Taylor County, I just don’t know Confusednicker:
smoke1015 Wrote:"Master vs Protege"...This game has an interesting storyline. Can Bell stop Tre Goodin and a very solid Taylor County line? Taylor tries to force you to run, take away the pass and they have a good ball hawking corner...Bell goes how their QB goes. Good night for him, probably a bad night for Taylor. I figure this is more evenly matched than much of the state figures...Log Mountain may be the biggest factor...

Bell Co will run run run and control the clock.
smoke1015 Wrote:"Master vs Protege"...This game has an interesting storyline. Can Bell stop Tre Goodin and a very solid Taylor County line? Taylor tries to force you to run, take away the pass and they have a good ball hawking corner...Bell goes how their QB goes. Good night for him, probably a bad night for Taylor. I figure this is more evenly matched than much of the state figures...Log Mountain may be the biggest factor...

I thought for some reason Tre Goodwin was out for the season, he is a game changer for sure. Should be a good one and Bell toughest game of the year. :pondering:
64SUR Wrote:I thought for some reason Tre Goodwin was out for the season, he is a game changer for sure. Should be a good one and Bell toughest game of the year. :pondering:

Uh...so did I. As we were BEATING THEM, at halftime, ahead by a point, and coach hollers at Tre to go get his uniform pads and helmet on and he comes in and pops off a 65 yard TD run against us his first carry. Followed by a 40 yard run, followed by a 70 yarder that was called back, etc... Yeah, I thought he was out for the season too. Coach was trying to make it seem he was hurt so maybe Glasgow doesn't know what to prepare for. At least we forced his hand for the state to see Goodin is just fine. I sat in McDonalds with him after the game for a bit and talked. Great kid, gonna play for EKU. He'll be 100% for Bell I'm quite sure. But I still believe Bell is overall the better team.
smoke1015 Wrote:Uh...so did I. As we were BEATING THEM, at halftime, ahead by a point, and coach hollers at Tre to go get his uniform pads and helmet on and he comes in and pops off a 65 yard TD run against us his first carry. Followed by a 40 yard run, followed by a 70 yarder that was called back, etc... Yeah, I thought he was out for the season too. Coach was trying to make it seem he was hurt so maybe Glasgow doesn't know what to prepare for. At least we forced his hand for the state to see Goodin is just fine. I sat in McDonalds with him after the game for a bit and talked. Great kid, gonna play for EKU. He'll be 100% for Bell I'm quite sure. But I still believe Bell is overall the better team.

Bell goes 6 and 7 deep at the RB position. We love to wear down defenses.
BellCo18 Wrote:Bell goes 6 and 7 deep at the RB position. We love to wear down defenses.

Well I know for a fact Taylor has at least 2 good ones, not sure about the 6th or the 7th, and depending on who's playing QB cause you count him as he can run too. Not sure if Tre is better than Knoxville, Tn down there :-) , but he's pretty darn good. Wes Oliver sure isn't bad either. I'm sure Bell is deeper, Taylor only has about 35 kids. They are good ones though.
What happened to Taylor’s big guy I think his name was Parker thinking he would be a senior this yr
I’ve got a serious question. Why the h€ll would you need 6 or 7 RBs? Haha.
Hound05 Wrote:I’ve got a serious question. Why the h€ll would you need 6 or 7 RBs? Haha.

“He fakes, no... he pretends to fake, he thinks about faking”

Dudley going to hit Taylor with the ole 5th back through. They’ll never see it coming.
Dudley verses his old team. Bell wins this one 40-21.
Bell County better not be looking past Taylor County, and I don't think they will, because I believe this game will be a whole lot closer than what people think. Especially if Tre Goodin is playing. This is a very dangerous team that will be making the trip to Log Mountain next Friday. Good luck to both teams.
Hound about 6 or 7 running backs. How about if the OL isn’t good, you can have 25 and they aren’t worth a dime.. the best OL and DL will still win the game.
I was keeping my fingers crossed that Belfry would be matching up with Bell!! I sure would've liked to have seen that match up!!
Taylor Co. is on a role right now and has been in some tough games in the playoffs that have challenged them. Bell has been cruising against much lesser competition. I think that’s a big factor. I think Taylor pulls the upset in a fairly high scoring affair. TC 35 BC 31
I think Bell is determined and focused! It will be a hard game ! I think we will be ready and play up to the competition.
Dudley rarely looks past the next game and Taylor Co will be a formidable opponent.
Piratefan#40 Wrote:What happened to Taylor’s big guy I think his name was Parker thinking he would be a senior this yr

Someone told me he was like 22 years old...lol. I think they were being sarcastic. The overall theme was, he just got tired of playing, he HATED school, and he just quit. I'm thinking he did get to graduate early, or maybe just left and finished up at home, not sure on that. But I do know he's not in school there. Dude looked like a D1 talent but I sort of think he didn't want to be a lineman and that's where he would've made his minutes at the next level. His mother is a sweet lady from what I know. But if he was playing I think he's the type of kid who could put Taylor up a whole other level. The new coaching staff has adjusted and have equaled last year's accomplishment without their best lineman, who you could also throw at fullback in a pinch, or a bone setup, sniffer package, etc..
Bell County 31-14
BobcatPride74 Wrote:I think Bell is determined and focused! It will be a hard game ! I think we will be ready and play up to the competition.

I'd hate to be other coach, and players with this game. I know you have to look past the friendships and compete, just like killing each other in a practice. Still, I know Sam's former kids are probably gonna hate it, and Sam and Dudley both I know had a pretty good friendship. That aspect would be interesting, especially as a newspaper storyline for Bell and Taylor. I would think at least. I don't think Taylor can win this, but if they did it would be huge for them. Dudley is expected to win.
64SUR Wrote:Going to do a lot of thinking about this one. Confusednicker:
I quit thankin' and started drankin.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Taylor Co. is on a role right now and has been in some tough games in the playoffs that have challenged them. Bell has been cruising against much lesser competition. I think that’s a big factor. I think Taylor pulls the upset in a fairly high scoring affair. TC 35 BC 31
their role is to be the next victim at Log Mountain.
We better be ready to play. Anyone on our side who is arrogantly looking past this one better not. Taylor Co. will come to play. Go Bobcats!!
smoke1015 Wrote:I'd hate to be other coach, and players with this game. I know you have to look past the friendships and compete, just like killing each other in a practice. Still, I know Sam's former kids are probably gonna hate it, and Sam and Dudley both I know had a pretty good friendship. That aspect would be interesting, especially as a newspaper storyline for Bell and Taylor. I would think at least. I don't think Taylor can win this, but if they did it would be huge for them. Dudley is expected to win.

Very interesting indeed. I know Dudley and one other assistant with us spent 4 years at Taylor prior to moving back to Bell and they brought Marple with them. Ties run deep in this one and emotions will be very high. The senior class at Taylor right now would have been freshman during Dudley’s last year there, so there’s still some familiarity to say the least. After our game last night Coach Hilton gave Marple a lot of praise for how he helped Bell get to where we’re at, and for the job he’s done at Taylor this season. Mutual respect from both staffs. You will see both teams give each other their best shot! Can’t wait!