•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County
Colonel_fanatic14 Wrote:I agree with that to a extent. If I’m not mistaking Harlan county made it to the region championship year before. Whitley/Harlan ran with Pulaski that made it to state in 2016. Usually the top team or top 2 end up competing or making a run. This year the district was down terribly. By far the weakest this year. But last couple years it was ramping up. So you’re going to tell me corbin didn’t have a easy district? Who did they play exactly in district? Bell county had a good season, but they were mediocre. Corbin swept the floor with them. Not taking anything from corbin they are good. They had the weakest district for multiple years. That don’t quite have nothing to do with how good a team is or how they should be.

Corbin made up for a weak district by scheduling strong outside of it, we have played several teams over the last 5 years that have won or played for the state championship. It shouldn’t be like this but it is the 6 class system I’m afraid no getting around it...I’m anxious to see what Whitley Co does here, it’s another unique spot they’ve found themselves in to change the culture I just hope they don’t end up shooting themselves in the ass like usual...
single shot Wrote:Corbin made up for a weak district by scheduling strong outside of it, we have played several teams over the last 5 years that have won or played for the state championship. It shouldn’t be like this but it is the 6 class system I’m afraid no getting around it...I’m anxious to see what Whitley Co does here, it’s another unique spot they’ve found themselves in to change the culture I just hope they don’t end up shooting themselves in the ass like usual...

They are changing it right now if they stay on this path. They need good coaches at lower levels and build a strong youth league.
As long as they get the kids to buy in I think they will be fine. The coaches will have to pull their part though on play calling which I expect they will do their best
Colonel_fanatic14 Wrote:As long as they get the kids to buy in I think they will be fine. The coaches will have to pull their part though on play calling which I expect they will do their best

Whitley County is doing what it takes now. The players are putting the effort in in the off-season. The coaches are also putting a lot of work in and learning. Will they go to a camp this year or stay at home?
I couldn’t agree more with this statement PJ. It seems like like they will let anyone coach the elementary programs. Some teams have different coaches every year. I would love to see the high school staff have a hand in selecting and implanting things for the younger boys.
Colonel Fan Wrote:I couldn’t agree more with this statement PJ. It seems like like they will let anyone coach the elementary programs. Some teams have different coaches every year. I would love to see the high school staff have a hand in selecting and implanting things for the younger boys.
I would like to see that, too. I didn't get a chance to speak with coach about it. Has he said much about the elementary schools? Will he be coordinating with the lower level to get everybody on the same page? Run the same system from the lower grades on up?
^ Just curious how involved he will be with decisions made from the bottom to the top. Hopefully the Administration turns him loose and let's him rebuild the program.
Hopefully very involved. A strong feeder system is pivotal for a successful program.
BUCK_WILD Wrote:Hopefully very involved. A strong feeder system is pivotal for a successful program.

I think he knows what it takes to build a strong program. Hopefully the administration backs him 100% and gives him the resources that he needs to be successful.
Colonel Fan Wrote:I couldn’t agree more with this statement PJ. It seems like like they will let anyone coach the elementary programs. Some teams have different coaches every year. I would love to see the high school staff have a hand in selecting and implanting things for the younger boys.

north has a new coach every year and pv/boston changes alot
oak grove and central had been stable but now there wishy washy too
east is spread very thin. middle school changing hands has been tough but with some discipline and consequences theyll be alright but does need some help from high school.

not enough games and time for youth season either.
KEEPITREAL Wrote:north has a new coach every year and pv/boston changes alot
oak grove and central had been stable but now there wishy washy too
east is spread very thin. middle school changing hands has been tough but with some discipline and consequences theyll be alright but does need some help from high school.

not enough games and time for youth season either.

it will be interesting to see what happens at the lower levels going forward. What changes can be made to improve the youth league?
Give us some news and updates on The Colonels Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Give us some news and updates on The Colonels Smile

It's baseball season!
Rainingthrees Wrote:It's baseball season!

championships are won in the off-season.
pjdoug Wrote:championships are won in the off-season.

True, but most of the main returning players are doing track and baseball right now. Want do anything football until June/July.
Spring ball should help see any Improvement over the last 3-4 months
Rainingthrees Wrote:True, but most of the main returning players are doing track and baseball right now. Want do anything football until June/July.

:dudecomeon:
UCfan1 Wrote:Spring ball should help see any Improvement over the last 3-4 months

That’s for sure. fundamentals along with strength and conditioning will start being noticeable.
Hearing that 2/3 key players have transferred to Williamsburg.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Hearing that 2/3 key players have transferred to Williamsburg.

I'm hearing a bunch of BS drama.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm hearing a bunch of BS drama.

Call it what you may, but it’s what I was told. The kids will immediately be skilled players that help Williamsburg and start.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Call it what you may, but it’s what I was told. The kids will immediately be skilled players that help Williamsburg and start.

I call it like it is. I thought Whitley County didn't have any skilled players??
pjdoug Wrote:I call it like it is. I thought Whitley County didn't have any skilled players??

That’s no way to talk about your favorite team.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:That’s no way to talk about your favorite team.

:zzz:
Whitley County is going to be better than expected. Just a feeling
UCfan1 Wrote:Whitley County is going to be better than expected. Just a feeling

For sure.They and you are doing what it takes to make them better. Keep up the good work. Roll Colonels!
When does spring practice start?

What kind of offense are we hearing?
UCfan1 Wrote:Whitley County is going to be better than expected. Just a feeling

I don’t expect Whitley to be bad, you were two points away from a district championship this past year and if you get consistent quarterback play you should be just fine.
DarthVader Wrote:I don’t expect Whitley to be bad, you were two points away from a district championship this past year and if you get consistent quarterback play you should be just fine.

They did lose some good receivers, but the coaches and players are working hard at getting better. I'm impressed with how the coaches are learning and teaching.
Any update about spring ball or even when it starts? Gone quiet in here...
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next