•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County
Dougie here’s your chance to get your foot in the door. Get in the clique. Will you be there?
footballfever Wrote:Dougie here’s your chance to get your foot in the door. Get in the clique. Will you be there?

Be where? Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Be where? Smile

Meet the coaches Feb 20th 6:30 WCHS cafeteria.
Jep will do just fine at Whitley. Excited to see him get the ball rolling over there
footballfever Wrote:Meet the coaches Feb 20th 6:30 WCHS cafeteria.

That's great. Do I have to be a parent or player to attend?
footballfever Wrote:Meet the coaches Feb 20th 6:30 WCHS cafeteria.

Will you be on the staff?
Most importantly to Dougie.....are they going to have a good meal available?:yum:
Shoot, I might show up if they are going to feed everyone.:Thumbs:
papagrit Wrote:Most importantly to Dougie.....are they going to have a good meal available?:yum:
Shoot, I might show up if they are going to feed everyone.:Thumbs:

That is a very good question. Maybe we can have a community wide pig roast. Come eat with us. lol
Heard coach black is coming back as an assistant. May be wrong just a rumor I heard.
colonel_fanatic14 Wrote:heard coach black is coming back as an assistant. May be wrong just a rumor i heard.

wrong!!
Is he retiring from Education?
Colonel_fanatic14 Wrote:Heard coach black is coming back as an assistant. May be wrong just a rumor I heard.

:dontthink
He would be better off at Whitley than North.
NL basically returns their entire team.Irwin will have trouble offensively I’m afraid. Not sure he will have the athletes to do what likes to do. Just as last year....
The BIG question is will PJDoug be at the meet and greet Wednesday? A man who has wanted to get in the clique. A man who didn’t miss a game for 25 year. (Why did you miss that 1st game) and no I’m not going to be on the coaching staff.
footballfever Wrote:NL basically returns their entire team.Irwin will have trouble offensively I’m afraid. Not sure he will have the athletes to do what likes to do. Just as last year....
The BIG question is will PJDoug be at the meet and greet Wednesday? A man who has wanted to get in the clique. A man who didn’t miss a game for 25 year. (Why did you miss that 1st game) and no I’m not going to be on the coaching staff.

I might be there if I can, but that won't get me in the clique Smile. I missed that first game because I was at the house that Rupp built.
footballfever Wrote:NL basically returns their entire team.Irwin will have trouble offensively I’m afraid. Not sure he will have the athletes to do what likes to do. Just as last year....
lets hope not. They have a lot returning. But the real question is does Whitley have receivers or can they get any from Corbin with the Mills kid coming.
Problem with Whitley last year was quarterback.. they had weapons they all graduated. They will be young & inexperienced. This will show how good are they at developing players. Love to see them succeed. Rooting for them every game.
Colonel_fanatic14 Wrote:Problem with Whitley last year was quarterback.. they had weapons they all graduated. They will be young & inexperienced. This will show how good are they at developing players. Love to see them succeed. Rooting for them every game.

Will the freshmen class have much talent?
Craze JACKET man Wrote:You guys are nuts if you don’t hire Mills and Mouser both..
Whitley could have the best staff in the area..
Coach French would hire both of them I’m sure..

My understanding is that Wayne Mills doesn't take well to not being the head coach, and that is why he's no longer at Corbin. Maybe he already has a good working relationship with Jep Irwin...I have no idea. But from the sound of things, Haddix wanted things done his way, Mills didn't always like doing thing Haddix's way, so Haddix decided he'd had enough and sent Mills packing. If I'm a head coach, I don't want that kind of potential for drama coming into my program and polluting the water before I even have a chance to do something with my new program - ESPECIALLY someone who can make drama happen the way Mills did at Bell County in 2015.
TheOracle Wrote:My understanding is that Wayne Mills doesn't take well to not being the head coach, and that is why he's no longer at Corbin. Maybe he already has a good working relationship with Jep Irwin...I have no idea. But from the sound of things, Haddix wanted things done his way, Mills didn't always like doing thing Haddix's way, so Haddix decided he'd had enough and sent Mills packing. If I'm a head coach, I don't want that kind of potential for drama coming into my program and polluting the water before I even have a chance to do something with my new program - ESPECIALLY someone who can make drama happen the way Mills did at Bell County in 2015.
What drama could have possibly caused Bell County to fire a coach who went 60-17 during his time there. And was much more competitive vs Corbin than bell county is now?
The incoming class has some talented players. They have mason Croley I think he will be the future of Whitley. He will be a QB, but has ability to play receiver if he wants. The kid is a athlete.
Don’t worry Haddix did things his way and that’s why the Hounds came home with no state champ title. Anyone watching could see that.
I knew Mills for years at Bell and he was great for our kids as assistant and head coach. Kids loved him. Anyone saying any different has had no dealings.
Colonel_fanatic14 Wrote:The incoming class has some talented players. They have mason Croley I think he will be the future of Whitley. He will be a QB, but has ability to play receiver if he wants. The kid is a athlete.

He is a good athlete.
UCfan1 Wrote:What drama could have possibly caused Bell County to fire a coach who went 60-17 during his time there. And was much more competitive vs Corbin than bell county is now?

When Wayne Mills was the head coach at Bell County, he earned the program KHSAA sanctions and got himself a 1-game suspension by engaging in an "illegal scrimmage" against Taylor County in 2015 (Taylor County also received KHSAA sanctions). And then Coach Mills was handed another 1-game suspension by Bell County later that same season for pulling down his pants and mooning the Knox County equipment manager when they played Knox. Not necessarily the kind of behavior or character becoming of a head football coach. It would seem the Bell County admins agreed, because they sent Mills packing once the season ended.

Win/loss records aren't everything.
TheOracle Wrote:When Wayne Mills was the head coach at Bell County, he earned the program KHSAA sanctions and got himself a 1-game suspension by engaging in an "illegal scrimmage" against Taylor County in 2015 (Taylor County also received KHSAA sanctions). And then Coach Mills was handed another 1-game suspension by Bell County later that same season for pulling down his pants and mooning the Knox County equipment manager when they played Knox. Not necessarily the kind of behavior or character becoming of a head football coach. It would seem the Bell County admins agreed, because they sent Mills packing once the season ended.

Win/loss records aren't everything.

Who was the Taylor County coach? Why waste so much time typing all that load of BS? :biglmao::biglmao:
Will be interesting to see who’s on staff tonight nonetheless. Will be interesting to see who all is on staff. A good staff could change things here. Expecting a lot of experience on staff. How many are coming with him from Georgia? Several questions will be known tonight.
pjdoug Wrote:Who was the Taylor County coach? Why waste so much time typing all that load of BS? :biglmao::biglmao:

Are you trying to say that those things didn't happen with Wayne Mills at Bell County?
TheOracle Wrote:Are you trying to say that those things didn't happen with Wayne Mills at Bell County?

I know those things happened. I've posted a few bad moon rising jokes on here,but I don't think thats the worst thing in the world a person could do. usually more of a teenager thing though.
UCfan1 Wrote:Will be interesting to see who’s on staff tonight nonetheless. Will be interesting to see who all is on staff. A good staff could change things here. Expecting a lot of experience on staff. How many are coming with him from Georgia? Several questions will be known tonight.

He brought one with him? and added Mills. Have they added more to the staff? I bet you know more than you are saying Smile. it does seem that things are changing for the better.
pjdoug Wrote:He brought one with him? and added Mills. Have they added more to the staff? I bet you know more than you are saying Smile. it does seem that things are changing for the better.

Pj we brought a coach in whom Chappell replaced, he brought a coach with him (from a team with a lot more talent than we have that won 1 game, and brought a coach in with a sketchy past. Yes things are getting better, geez. :ChairHit: On a serious note tons of talent in the lower classes and hope they develop it correctly and I'm completely wrong and the kids have a great high school playing experience. Go Colonels!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next