Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wandale Robinson Named Mr Football
The long wait is over, and it's official. Wandale has been named Mr Football.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-sch...12100.html
Who? Oh the trader. 😜
The Husker! #GBR
Well at least we know good character isn’t important too win. Congrats i guess.
I’m not a fan of how Robinson handled his commitment(s). However. This is for the best player, and he was. It’s not about who keeps promises.
Red Rover Red Rover we dare Wandale back over.:biggrin:
Ok cool. Go Big Blue!
Hate when adults bash kids over college decisions. I spent a year at a college I hated that I went to because I felt pressure from parents to go there. Glad the kid is doing what makes him happy. I'm sure he'll be successful no matter where he goes.
He is a great player. I know he rubbed some people about his committment but he is a worthy recipient. I even respect him for staying at WH. He could have easily transferred to a higher profile program but stuck with his team.
Lots of people with hurt feelings about Robinson going to Nebraska.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If I were as good as this kid Nebraska nor Kentucky would come close to the top of my list, but guess what it isn't about us. It is about the kid and if a kid feels that you have to go to Kentucky to win an award then that award is garbage anyway. He is smart to play the system however. A system that adults developed, good for athletes to win one. Best of luck Mr. Robinson.
WanDae is a great kid and he just turned 18 years old. Old people on here be hatin on him and questioning his character because he changed his mind.

🙄
It's all big business. It's not like UK wouldn't have done what was in their best interest if circumstances were different. I hope he goes to Nebraska and is very successful.
Westside Wrote:It's all big business. It's not like UK wouldn't have done what was in their best interest if circumstances were different. I hope he goes to Nebraska and is very successful.

He's already in Lincoln. 👍🏻
FoSho Wrote:WanDae is a great kid and he just turned 18 years old. Old people on here be hatin on him and questioning his character because he changed his mind.

🙄

Now FoSho I am an old person and I wish nothing but the best for the young man, but I wish he would have chosen Kentucky but it’s his choice not mine. You need to quit putting people in one class and believe they all think alike. He is a great athlete and deserved this award and he will always have my best wishes
Patriot1 Wrote:Now FoSho I am an old person and I wish nothing but the best for the young man, but I wish he would have chosen Kentucky but it’s his choice not mine. You need to quit putting people in one class and believe they all think alike. He is a great athlete and deserved this award and he will always have my best wishes

The people I'm referring to know who I'm talking about. 😉
FoSho Wrote:The people I'm referring to know who I'm talking about. 😉

I did too but just wanted to get at you for a minute.
FoSho Wrote:WanDae is a great kid and he just turned 18 years old. Old people on here be hatin on him and questioning his character because he changed his mind.

🙄

I honestly don’t think it’s about him “changing his mind” but more about his decision to declare for Kentucky during the Mr Kentucky voting period and then suddenly reversing course.

It just looked bad. Whether intentional or not
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I honestly don’t think it’s about him “changing his mind” but more about his decision to declare for Kentucky during the Mr Kentucky voting period and then suddenly reversing course.

No it wasn't.
FoSho Wrote:No it wasn't.

What wasn’t? Intentional? Maybe not. I have no idea. But....I think virtually everyone would agree that the young man didn’t really handle the situation the best.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I honestly don’t think it’s about him “changing his mind” but more about his decision to declare for Kentucky during the Mr Kentucky voting period and then suddenly reversing course.

I think it looks bad on the Mr. Football award committee. This type award and a criteria is you have to go to UK? I thought it was the best player? Rethink the award!
AnswertheBell Wrote:I think it looks bad on the Mr. Football award committee. This type award and a criteria is you have to go to UK? I thought it was the best player? Rethink the award!

The traditional "Mr Football" was just awarded?!?! He didn't do it to win Mr Football. He did it because he was pressured into switching his commitment from Nebraska in the first place. Nothing more.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Well at least we know good character isn’t important too win. Congrats i guess.

What character flaw has he shown, at all? Because he didn’t go to your school of choice? Because a high school kid changed his mind about the most decision of his life? How dare he! Lol

And he made the right choice by the way. Scott Frost is going to get Nebraska back to relevancy.
AnswertheBell Wrote:I think it looks bad on the Mr. Football award committee. This type award and a criteria is you have to go to UK? I thought it was the best player? Rethink the award!

How does it look bad on the award committee? They gave him the award. Which was deserved.
This is a topic that shouldn’t be an issue. Do I like his decision nope, but He played to his level and has the right to play wherever he wants to. There isn’t a poster on this thread that got him a yard, a touchdown, or a tackle so we don’t have a say. So what he changed his mind, how many of us changed our mind 3 or 4 times in college about a major, did any of us get stoned to death because we changed our minds. Last but not least if he would have declared to Tennessee first and then said Nebraska would we be having this conversation.
Congrats to him but I wish he was gonna be a CAT!
BellCo18 Wrote:Who? Oh the trader. 😜

:biglmao:
KYHSFB Wrote:What character flaw has he shown, at all? Because he didn’t go to your school of choice? Because a high school kid changed his mind about the most decision of his life? How dare he! Lol

And he made the right choice by the way. Scott Frost is going to get Nebraska back to relevancy.

No he isn't.
This isn’t the kids faults it’s UKs fault! They have lost recruiting battles in their own state for decades. If Nebraska was the right spot for this kid then that’s where he needed to go play at for him. Uk needs to look in the mirror and figure out why kids from trinity have went to places like Ohio state and other big ten schools over the years.
Let weigh the options....Ohio State/Kentucky.....Get my point. Kentucky will never out recruit OSU and schools like them.