Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Belfry (9/15/17)
BelfryPride Wrote:This was THE GAME! Pikeville rolls into Death Valley with a 33 game winning streak, and left with a 1 game losing streak. By a final of 33-24, the Pirates were the only team to beat Pikeville during their three state championship seasons (87/88/89)

And yet with all those state championships Belfry can't put together an undefeated season. Confusedhh:
Westside Wrote:And yet with all those state championships Belfry can't put together an undefeated season. Confusedhh:

It's not about going undefeated.....winning that hardware is the goal. Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:It's not about going undefeated.....winning that hardware is the goal. Confusedhh:

You mean like the hardware Pikeville went on to win the year Belfry stopped their 33 game winning streak? :biggrin:
Belfry 48
Pikeville 14
Westside Wrote:You mean like the hardware Pikeville went on to win the year Belfry stopped their 33 game winning streak? :biggrin:

Or the hardware Pikeville earned when Belfry beat them 34-8 in 2015.

You remember that Belfry team... The one who went on to beat the TN 4A State Champs, the 2A Runner-Up, and the 4A Runner-Up in addition to the 1A Champs.

What other State Champs or Runner-Ups did Pikeville beat in their Championship runs?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Or the hardware Pikeville earned when Belfry beat them 34-8 in 2015.

You remember that Belfry team... The one who went on to beat the TN 4A State Champs, the 2A Runner-Up, and the 4A Runner-Up in addition to the 1A Champs.

What other State Champs or Runner-Ups did Pikeville beat in their Championship runs?
2014 Belfry is the only State Champ PHS has ever defeated, to my knowledge.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Or the hardware Pikeville earned when Belfry beat them 34-8 in 2015.

EKUalum, I thought you were smarter than that, but I guess not. They beat 4 state runner-ups. Russellvile, Harrodsburg, Trigg County and Beechwood.
Westside Wrote:You mean like the hardware Pikeville went on to win the year Belfry stopped their 33 game winning streak? :biggrin:

Sure, that's fine haha. Then you guys got us in 2014 and we won the title that year as well. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Which school leads the all time series??
One of Belfry's state title teams has also did something no Pikeville state championship team has every done. They lost to a team with a losing record. The 03 Belfry team lost to Boyd County.
BelfryPride Wrote:Which school leads the all time series??

I'm sure it's Belfry. Where does the series record stand at?
Westside Wrote:One of Belfry's state title teams has also did something no Pikeville state championship team has every done. They lost to a team with a losing record. The 03 Belfry team lost to Boyd County.

Pike County Bowl yeah, but we also put a mudhole in that Pikeville A$$ too four weeks later 28-6 :popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I dove into the KHSAA site and looked it up. khsaa.org only has online records beginning in 1998.

Since 1998, Belfry's record vs Pikeville is 15-4.

The longest win streak during that time frame: Belfry - The Pirates rattled off 13 straight wins between 2001-2014
BelfryPride Wrote:Pike County Bowl yeah, but we also put a mudhole in that Pikeville A$$ too four weeks later 28-6 :popcorn:

Yeah, but I've got to question has Belfry truly ever had a great team? You all have had some really good teams, but what about a great team? Every state championship team Belfry has every had has been defeated during the season and I'm not talking about losing a close game I mean beaten soundly. In 2003 by 18 points and 28 points, 2004 by 21 points, 2013 by 26 points, 2014 by 9 points, 2015 by 42 points, and 2016 by 25 points.
Westside Wrote:Yeah, but I've got to question has Belfry truly ever had a great team? You all have had some really good teams, but what about a great team? Every state championship team Belfry has every had has been defeated during the season and I'm not talking about losing a close game I mean beaten soundly. In 2003 by 18 points and 28 points, 2004 by 21 points, 2013 by 26 points, 2014 by 9 points, 2015 by 42 points, and 2016 by 25 points.

Are you serious? Being an admin on this site I would think you'd have a little more class! Winning a state championship makes any team a great team in my opinion. Belfry, Pikeville, or anyone else! It doesnt matter how you lose or by how much that defines greatness. It's how you react and overcome that makes you Great! Some of you people need to grow up! Pikeville and Belfry have a rich mountain football tradition. We should be motivating and congratulating each other on our success instead of always bashing each other. God knows we get enough of that from other programs fans! With that said, Good Luck to Pikeville when you guys come to Pond Creek this Friday. I hope we win but if we don't I will congratulate the Panthers and hope they win them all!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Are you serious? Being an admin on this site I would think you'd have a little more class! Winning a state championship makes any team a great team in my opinion. Belfry, Pikeville, or anyone else! It doesnt matter how you lose or by how much that defines greatness. It's how you react and overcome that makes you Great! Some of you people need to grow up! Pikeville and Belfry have a rich mountain football tradition. We should be motivating and congratulating each other on our success instead of always bashing each other. God knows we get enough of that from other programs fans! With that said, Good Luck to Pikeville when you guys come to Pond Creek this Friday. I hope we win but if we don't I will congratulate the Panthers and hope they win them all!

I'm an administrator on this site? I'm honored. When did this happen? Im truely honored. No one told me.
Westside Wrote:Yeah, but I've got to question has Belfry truly ever had a great team? You all have had some really good teams, but what about a great team? Every state championship team Belfry has every had has been defeated during the season and I'm not talking about losing a close game I mean beaten soundly. In 2003 by 18 points and 28 points, 2004 by 21 points, 2013 by 26 points, 2014 by 9 points, 2015 by 42 points, and 2016 by 25 points.

Man....you're really trying to stir the pot.....even though the water's done boiled out. Give it a rest. It really becomes quite boring.:lame:
BelfryPride Wrote:I dove into the KHSAA site and looked it up. khsaa.org only has online records beginning in 1998.

Since 1998, Belfry's record vs Pikeville is 15-4.

The longest win streak during that time frame: Belfry - The Pirates rattled off 13 straight wins between 2001-2014

I asked EKUalum about it a few years ago, and he told. I forgot what it was though.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Man....you're really trying to stir the pot.....even though the water's done boiled out. Give it a rest. It really becomes quite boring.:lame:

Thank you for your input. It is truly appreciated.

Simply because of the 4 D-1 players, I gotta say 2016 bit 2015 was really close behind....That was the running clock Title Game vs. Lexington Catholic 43-0.

Again, I think every title team we have had were great teams. We've also had really good teams that lost by just a few points to Central a few times in the State Finals. There's also been those teams that came oh so close like in 1979 and 1992, both fell victim to Fort Thomas Highlands if I'm not mistaken.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Simply because of the 4 D-1 players, I gotta say 2016 bit 2015 was really close behind....That was the running clock Title Game vs. Lexington Catholic 43-0.

Again, I think every title team we have had were great teams. We've also had really good teams that lost by just a few points to Central a few times in the State Finals. There's also been those teams that came oh so close like in 1979 and 1992, both fell victim to Fort Thomas Highlands if I'm not mistaken.

I thought you all had 5 D1 players. EKU signed three, U K signed one and Louisville signed one.
Westside Wrote:I thought you all had 5 D1 players. EKU signed three, U K signed one and Louisville signed one.

Ok, then 5 haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Westside Wrote:EKUalum, I thought you were smarter than that, but I guess not. They beat 4 state runner-ups. Russellvile, Harrodsburg, Trigg County and Beechwood.
In the same season?

Not the runner-ups from all the collective years

2015:
Belfry beat the 1A Champs, the TN 4A Champs, the KY 4A Runner-Up, the 2A Runner-Up, and obviously the 3A Runner-Up

If we want to go by collective stats over a 4 year period I'll see Pikeville's (4) 1A Runner-Ups and raise you (2) 4A State Champs, (1) 1A State Champion, (4) 3A Runner-Ups, and a (2A) Runner-Up.
BelfryPride Wrote:Ok, then 5 haha

BelfryPride, how am I supposed to debate something with you if I am constantly having to correct you. You're getting as bad as EKUalum. I'm constantly having to go behind him and correct his posts. How he ever got a degree from my beloved EKU I'll never know.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:In the same season?

Not the runner-ups from all the collective years

2015:
Belfry beat the 1A Champs, the TN 4A Champs, the KY 4A Runner-Up, the 2A Runner-Up, and obviously the 3A Runner-Up

If we want to go by collective stats over a 4 year period I'll see Pikeville's (4) 1A Runner-Ups and raise you (2) 4A State Champs, (1) 1A State Champion, (4) 3A Runner-Ups, and a (2A) Runner-Up.

Ok, JC is one of the 4a state champs. Who is the other? I honestly dont know.
Westside Wrote:BelfryPride, how am I supposed to debate something with you if I am constantly having to correct you. You're getting as bad as EKUalum. I'm constantly having to go behind him and correct his posts. How he ever got a degree from my beloved EKU I'll never know.

I learned my lesson on "fake news" when i trusted all these Pikeville fans that those "great" teams were Nationally ranked and in the Top 5 overall in Kentucky.

When the facts came out that was all urban legend and Pikeville was never actually ranked Nationally at any time, let alone in the Top 100.

That's why I learned that for Belfry history I won't make the same short sighted mistake as Pahk-vuhl. Instead I would get proof.

You know something like this:
https://imgur.com/a/urBXo
Westside Wrote:Ok, JC is one of the 4a state champs. Who is the other?

Knoxville Catholic in 2015... try to keep up
All time series used to be dead even just about before the current Belfry thrashing streak which doesn't look to end anytime soon. 15/16 in this century. Ole Westside knows the writing is on the wall for Friday night so he is wearing his pjdoug outfit today.
Westside Wrote:I'm an administrator on this site? I'm honored. When did this happen? Im truely honored. No one told me.

My mistake, thought you were. Thank goodness your just a moron and not a moron with any authority!
bucslover68 Wrote:All time series used to be dead even just about before the current Belfry thrashing streak which doesn't look to end anytime soon. 15/16 in this century. Ole Westside knows the writing is on the wall for Friday night so he is wearing his pjdoug outfit today.

Confusednicker: How do you know Dougie hasn't hacked my account.