Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Rivalries in EKY
belfry p-burg
P-burg And Belfry
I think JC and Ashland r becomin big rivals
prestonburg and pikevill
Russell and Belfry when we had 3 teams in district and you could not loose a game.1982-1983
Still going tough today.
Basically everyone and Belfry because everyone used to want to beat the champs. It's basically like it didn't have to be a championship game or anything, teams just wanted to beat Belfry because they were the best around here and had the state championships until their belt so it was something for a team to say that they beat Belfry whether their team actually went to the tournaments or not.
they said that there was nearly 9,000 people there last year that is a lot of people
Prestonsburg v/s Belfry greatest of all time in rivalry's certainly the biggest rivalry in the mountains
ashland vs ironton
ashland vs russel
ashland vs boyd... i know htis one has died down a little since boyd has been down but both teams still come to play for this one
What about Bath County and Rowan County? Those two teams hate each other in everything not just football, even though the games have been lopsided lately.
thetribe Wrote:Basically everyone and Belfry because everyone used to want to beat the champs. It's basically like it didn't have to be a championship game or anything, teams just wanted to beat Belfry because they were the best around here and had the state championships until their belt so it was something for a team to say that they beat Belfry whether their team actually went to the tournaments or not.
Belfry has had a good run the past few years, but I would hardly call them the "best" program around. I think that people want to beat Belfry because they are overconfident loudmouths that do not handle losing well, it is fun to watch ignorance and there is plenty of it when you deal with Belfry, but that is just my opinion.
Paintsville & Johnson Central
I like to watch Belfry and Ironton play usually a great game
Centrals Back Wrote:I think JC and Ashland r becomin big rivals
I would surely agree.
If Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central would start playin each other, I could see a big rivalry there for some odd reason..
Johnson Central and Paintsville.

It's not two schools. It's really more a question of two ways of life.

I suspect Boyd County and Ashland are the same way, but that's such a big area that those kids probably aren't in each other's faces all the time. In Paintsville, that's not the case. You see these people all the time. These kids see each other wherever they go.

Central vs. Paintsville isn't quite as volatile as used to be, but I think it's still one of the more passionate rivalries in Kentucky.
Enigma Wrote:Belfry has had a good run the past few years, but I would hardly call them the "best" program around. I think that people want to beat Belfry because they are overconfident loudmouths that do not handle losing well, it is fun to watch ignorance and there is plenty of it when you deal with Belfry, but that is just my opinion.
Belfry has been the best around the last few years no arguing that. Belfry is also a first class school they play with class and play with pride. The fans have pride also and are pasionate about their football. Alot of schools are jealous of Belfry because when we come into a stadium we take over it with more fans than the home team in most cases.

But the reason people want to beat Belfry is why people want to beat Bell, Pikeville, and teams like that. Its because we are the best and to be the best you must beat the best.
MOST fans respect Belfry and all teams and coaches respect Belfry. Ask Irontons fans.

Also Belfrys rivarlies are def. Prestonburg and Pikeville. Pikeville is all about pride and Prestonburg we just dont get alone with them very well and have district championship on the line alot. So that game is huge imprtance and also Sheldon Clark that game has become important of late. And I have nothing but respect for SC,Pburg ,and Pikeville.
Enigma Wrote:Belfry has had a good run the past few years, but I would hardly call them the "best" program around. I think that people want to beat Belfry because they are overconfident loudmouths that do not handle losing well, it is fun to watch ignorance and there is plenty of it when you deal with Belfry, but that is just my opinion.

Jealous???:lame:
Sportswarrior Wrote:Jealous???:lame:

I think ignorant would be more precise.
Carver08 Wrote:ashland vs ironton
ashland vs russel
ashland vs boyd... i know htis one has died down a little since boyd has been down but both teams still come to play for this one

Not so becuase the 04 season I believe still lives in the ashland tomcats head when the fans of the lions rushed the field and tore down their own goal post. But yes you can say it has died down in some way football wise becuase of the program lacking a little but I believe it should pick up again this year. And the russell riv I love watching becuase both teams play clean becuase either the players have friends on the team or they are not buck wild about each other as Ashland is about Boyd.
Because we all know the lions Confusederved: ( no harm intended)
I agree totally with you valley 06 but next year i see them in the 4th and valley in the 3rd and Sheldon Clark in 2nd and belfry in 1st! But THAT IS IMO.
But good luck to all the teams in KY.

valley_06 Wrote:Shelby Valley and Pike Central...This game usually determines who makes it into the playoffs and who stays home.
south floyd and allen central