Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin Vs Mayfield Predictions
Two of the best small school powers in the state meet up on a neutral field in Columbia. What's everyone's thoughts on this classic matchup?
Something special going on with Corbin defense this year....:truestory:
Mayfield 20
Corbin 14
Corbin 20
Mayfield 14
if corbin can stop the pass they got a chance but going with Mayfield in a low scoring game 14 0
This game was close last season and Mayfield seams to have a few pieces out right now and I think Corbin is much improved. I like Corbin in this one.
Corbin-28
Mayfield-21
I think it's going to be the best team Corbin has played so far Mayfield is the best team on Corbin's schedule I think Mayfield wins this one be I would like to see Corbin come to the end of November undefeated I like playing those undefeated teams
Will Trajon Bright be back?
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I think it's going to be the best team Corbin has played so far Mayfield is the best team on Corbin's schedule I think Mayfield wins this one be I would like to see Corbin come to the end of November undefeated I like playing those undefeated teams

This is Corbin best defensive team that I have witness in my third year following Corbin this time around. Corbin defensive back will have a field day against mayfield passing game. Corbin defensive end will have a field day on mayfield Qb another words mayfield will want some Corbin creek water to take back to mayfield.. :lmao: payback tour bus is coming mysonis55 you wanted Corbin undefeated well here comes the Hounds...Confusedmoke:

Corbin 35
Mayfield 21
64SUR Wrote:This is Corbin best defensive team that I have witness in my third year following Corbin this time around. Corbin defensive back will have a field day against mayfield passing game. Corbin defensive end will have a field day on mayfield Qb another words mayfield will want some Corbin creek water to take back to mayfield.. :lmao: payback tour bus is coming mysonis55 you wanted Corbin undefeated well here comes the Hounds...Confusedmoke:

Corbin 35
Mayfield 21

smoking that stuff huh?
I think that Corbin will, again have their A game. This time it'll take the A game and the defense will have to stay home. Don't fly upfield on a screen and don't get sucked in on flow going the other way. Mayfield will exploit over aggressiveness. The DB's will have to give a little cushion and make tackles in space. I think the offense will be good for 21-28 points. That being said I'll go 28 to 24. . . Hounds on top!
Mayfield by 7.
truebluefan89 Wrote:Will Trajon Bright be back?

I doubt it. Mayfield offense is definitely not as potent with him out. Shauntrez tyler I think will end up being a really good rb before all is said and done, but definitely not as experienced, but this will end up making Mayfield stronger for next year when he is the starter.
I hate to hear that the Bright kid is out. Wanted to play mayfield at their best. Is he out for the year or is he going to be able to come back?
55 hasn't been in on this thread yet? I'm surprised!,
bac2369 Wrote:55 hasn't been in on this thread yet? I'm surprised!,

He is studying 2015 game film. :joystick::joystick::joystick: Hey mysonis2016 Confusednicker:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I hate to hear that the Bright kid is out. Wanted to play mayfield at their best. Is he out for the year or is he going to be able to come back?

He will most likely be back. I really am not in the know like 55 or others, but last year he missed 4 games for basically the same thing, I don't think it was as bad this time. Heard he begged them to let him back in the game vs mccracken, but coaches wouldn't let him. I think its more of a precaution than anything. Hate to see it because he would have became Mayfield all time leading rusher if he could play the whole season. If i was the coach, and I sat him for the corbin game when technically he probably could play, I don't think id play him to the 2nd round of the playoffs. If you set him against a team like corbin that could possibly beat you, why play him in the next few games, and risk him getting hurt against teams that won't beat you. I definitely don't risk him getting hurt against murray, Ballard memorial, or Webster county. With Andrew pajor being out for murray they are really struggling, and its the weakest I can ever remember the district Mayfield is in being.
I know 64 is licking his chops especially with bright probably being out, but don't count your chickens before your eggs are hatched. As has been quoted on gridiron glory a few times before "Mayfield is Mayfield"
64 you stil owe me a picture of you posted on this site with a Mayfield shirt on. You hi tailed out of bowling green in 2014. I haven't forgotten. I'm in a generous mood if corbin wins you are off the hook on the shirt. If Mayfield wins I want to see you wearing that shirt smiling before the sun comes up the next day. 55 handle my light work I can't make the game Friday.
Been busy fellas. Loading up the bus with extra keg of Mayfield water. No, Bright isn't playing. He is fully capable but, they don't see a need to risk him getting injured for anything that only counts for bragging rights. If they were gonna do that, it would have been against the crosstown buzzards. Now, as far as the game. Even with the Cards flying a tad bit lower without Bright, they are still too much for the hounds of red. The old red bone doggies will be game but, they gotta pray for another rain storm to be able to stay close.

My predictions:
If Raining
MHS 21
CHS 13

If no rain
MHS 42
CHS 14
mysonis55 Wrote:Been busy fellas. Loading up the bus with extra keg of Mayfield water. No, Bright isn't playing. He is fully capable but, they don't see a need to risk him getting injured for anything that only counts for bragging rights. If they were gonna do that, it would have been against the crosstown buzzards. Now, as far as the game. Even with the Cards flying a tad bit lower without Bright, they are still too much for the hounds of red. The old red bone doggies will be game but, they gotta pray for another rain storm to be able to stay close.

My predictions:
If Raining
MHS 21
CHS 13

If no rain
MHS 42
CHS 14

Dang you already been drinking the water making a prediction like that. :partyhard

My Predictions
If Raining

Corbin 35
Mayfield 21

If no rain Corbin defensive back will be much quicker. :worthy:
Corbin 35
Mayfield 14
64, you need to watch more film. This is the same thing we heard before the McCracken game. They had this awesome, fast and much bigger defense. We torched it. Absolutely lit them up. I hardly think Corbin is going to be any faster on defense. Besides that, I have cut off the water supply to them red bone hounds this week.
Could be wrong but I don't get see either team scoring 35. Not sure how this game will go.
I checked the weather. MHS will score more than 35.
You might be right. Bold prediction though. 35 points is how many Corbin has given up all year. You know your team though. Good luck.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, you need to watch more film. This is the same thing we heard before the McCracken game. They had this awesome, fast and much bigger defense. We torched it. Absolutely lit them up. I hardly think Corbin is going to be any faster on defense. Besides that, I have cut off the water supply to them red bone hounds this week.

Where did I say Corbin was bigger and faster I did say quicker.....Corbin is about the same size of you little fellas....:Cheerlead Besides didn't you predict central and Danville to beat us because of speed. :pondering:
I see this being like where the red fern grows. Last I remember those 2 red bone coonhounds weren't doing to good at the end. This "May" end up the same with the coonhounds laying dead in a "Field"
Hounds by 1. Will be a great game between two excellent teams
64, my point is that them red bone hounds can't keep up. Make no mistake, this ain't this years Danville or Central. The red bone hounds won't be the fastest defense on the field. If you try to stop the running back, which ran wild on them last year, then your gonna have to take a dose of the air attack with 4 of the fastest recievers you have yet to see. Then if you stop that, your gonna see our little qb running wild. Pick your poison. Gotta play the perfect game if your gonna stay close. Especially since I cut off the water for this week.
killbilly usmc Wrote:64 you stil owe me a picture of you posted on this site with a Mayfield shirt on. You hi tailed out of bowling green in 2014. I haven't forgotten. I'm in a generous mood if corbin wins you are off the hook on the shirt. If Mayfield wins I want to see you wearing that shirt smiling before the sun comes up the next day. 55 handle my light work I can't make the game Friday.

I want a Mayfield T-Shirt.