Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2016
Will Prestonsburg even have a team next year? Rumor has it all the players are leaving.:biglmao:
I heard they're all going to the new school Central Floyd or JC
Ship is going down!!!
Ship is already down the coaching staff is throwing out life preservers
I have lots of family in the Prestonsburg and Paintsville area....but must admit, I dont know what happened to the Blackcats? What's the root of the problem?
Samething it has always been since 97 coaching.
I honestly think when joe left and went to paintsville it hurt the black cats defense
2 not as many kids because of coal jobs
3 had two starting players leave hard to replace
4 talent if you got a lot of good players makes the coach look better ,
5 every team has a couple bad years paintsville was ready to close shop and I think if the khsaa would of let kash transfer to pikeville the tigers ship would of sunk
6 how do you fix things I would say start at the 7/8 grade and get more kids out find you a good coach that's can teach the kids and willing to stay instead of moving up or just coaching so his kids can play

Are they still playing football in Pburg?
Don't think so
Who will be the coach there next year?
Just one of those years. Every school goes through them. I don't see any coaching changes happening in the near future to be honest. I think Prestonsburg's programs have some issues. Some brought on by the administration, some probably just by change. Kids are moving and traveling more to play were they want now. Its not like it use to be. When I was in school if you wanted to play you played at home or you didn't play. Now if a kid dosnt like his school he will just pack up and go elsewhere(not that Im blaming them for that. I sorely wish I could have done that)
The kids that are playing are playing hard and giving it their all. Honestly the kids are making the best of what they have to work with so to speak. I really wish a few things would change but In all absolute honesty I wish that for the players. I could care less about some coach or administrators ego..This should be about the kids..
Blacksmith Wrote:Just one of those years. Every school goes through them. I don't see any coaching changes happening in the near future to be honest. I think Prestonsburg's programs have some issues. Some brought on by the administration, some probably just by change. Kids are moving and traveling more to play were they want now. Its not like it use to be. When I was in school if you wanted to play you played at home or you didn't play. Now if a kid dosnt like his school he will just pack up and go elsewhere(not that Im blaming them for that. I sorely wish I could have done that)
The kids that are playing are playing hard and giving it their all. Honestly the kids are making the best of what they have to work with so to speak. I really wish a few things would change but In all absolute honesty I wish that for the players. I could care less about some coach or administrators ego..This should be about the kids..

Couldn't agree more with some of what you say. Too often today, kids and parents want to invest themselves only when/where THEY can be successful. In the old days (showing my age), we could only accept our situation and we were forced to work, compromise and create our own success wherever and whenever we happened to be. And news flash here: success ain't always defined by the score board. I know, un-American. Whatever.

Prestonsburg is a good program. They're a small, independent school and will have their ups and downs. If kids and parents will preoccupy themselves with how to elevate, encourage and inspire others, they'll be fine (with or without rings and trophies).
Gitback Coach Wrote:Couldn't agree more with some of what you say. Too often today, kids and parents want to invest themselves only when/where THEY can be successful. In the old days (showing my age), we could only accept our situation and we were forced to work, compromise and create our own success wherever and whenever we happened to be. And news flash here: success ain't always defined by the score board. I know, un-American. Whatever.

Prestonsburg is a good program. They're a small, independent school and will have their ups and downs. If kids and parents will preoccupy themselves with how to elevate, encourage and inspire others, they'll be fine (with or without rings and trophies).

Prestonsburg is a county school.
If a kid if physically abused by coaches he should be free to go where the hell he wants ,and the coach should be fired!!! It has nothing to do with leaving to be successfully !!! Coaches need to be held accountable for there actions!!! But the community of Prestonsburg Is to chicken sh!! to stand up for there own kids!!! If people only knew the story behind the transfers lol!!! And if your a couch from pburg and want to talk I'm easy to find !!! Congrats jarrell!!! Marcum and goble on standing up for yourself and having a successful season !!!
Also there no statue of limitations on a felony!!!
hunter 44 Wrote:If a kid if physically abused by coaches he should be free to go where the hell he wants ,and the coach should be fired!!! It has nothing to do with leaving to be successfully !!! Coaches need to be held accountable for there actions!!! But the community of Prestonsburg Is to chicken sh!! to stand up for there own kids!!! If people only knew the story behind the transfers lol!!! And if your a couch from pburg and want to talk I'm easy to find !!! Congrats jarrell!!! Marcum and goble on standing up for yourself and having a successful season !!!

See my post above this one. Prestonsburg is a county school. It's area is all the way past Auxier to the Johnson County line, all the way to the Magoffin County line, left fork of Middle Creek including David and 850 to the top of Brush Creek hill, it includes Allen and a lot of area toward Betsy Layne and toward Allen Central. Prestonsburg is not the only community served by Prestonsburg High School.
Say what you want, but John and James are such good guys, they didn't schedule their first basketball game until after the state football finals so they could be in Bowling Green cheering on Chat and Seth.
UpYours Wrote:Say what you want, but John and James are such good guys, they didn't schedule their first basketball game until after the state football finals so they could be in Bowling Green cheering on Chat and Seth.

:eyeroll: :dontthink

I started to not even comment on this but I don't think they cared about those boys playing in the finals. The Basketball schedule was made up before the playoffs even began. Also you can say what you want but if they cared there wouldn't have been anyone leaving the team, Yes I know this because I was one of the parents that had a child in some of the mess that went on with that program. Unlike Everyone else that transferred my son chose to stay but not to play football because yes we was on our way to Pikeville also. I have known both James and John for years and the fact that some things happened to my child have turned my feelings toward them. I don't want to put the program down I happen to like all the kids that play there and would love to see them do good. I just want to set the record straight. like I said this is a parent of a former player that some things happened to and also know the reason why some of the other players decided to pursue greener pastures. But I will close with I do wish those kids that are staying to play good luck and I wish each and everyone of them the best.
My previous post was total sarcasm. This two only care about themselves.

This isn't sarcasm, they care so little about basketball they wait until after football finals to schedule a game. And how pethetic is it to schedule Piarist, who isn't a district opponent, just to get a win.
UpYours Wrote:Say what you want, but John and James are such good guys, they didn't schedule their first basketball game until after the state football finals so they could be in Bowling Green cheering on Chat and Seth.

Don't forget about Brennan goble too.
Glory Days Wrote:Don't forget about Brennan goble too.

That kid can play!!!
I have not posted since the end of P-burg's season 2014. I held my comments to see how the year played out, and it went just as I expected. 2014's debacle set the tone for this year; players say coaches called out and blamed individual players for their own mistakes. There is no one who has watched the 2014 season play out who doubted the coaching staff, their clock management and play calling were to blame for the three loses. Not only did three players transfer, but others who had played for years quit or never came out.
I hate it for the kids because they deserve better. I hate it for the program because once a class program is now thugish, and I hate it for the town because we love our football.
In my opinion, Prestonsburg will be down once again next year. The Blackcats lost their two best players, in Frasure and Little. Frasure was the "heart and soul" of this team and he single handedly beat a couple of teams by himself last year. Overall, I'm hearing there is very little to no excitement around the program at this time. With the success that Pikeville and the Johnson County schools are having, I wouldn't be surprised to see other kids transferring out of Prestonsburg. I personally see things getting worse, before things start getting better.
I think Prestonsburg will be equally as bad next season and leaning more on the side of worse. I feel as if fans and the community are losing faith in Coach Derossett.
hawg laig Wrote:I have not posted since the end of P-burg's season 2014. I held my comments to see how the year played out, and it went just as I expected. 2014's debacle set the tone for this year; players say coaches called out and blamed individual players for their own mistakes. There is no one who has watched the 2014 season play out who doubted the coaching staff, their clock management and play calling were to blame for the three loses. Not only did three players transfer, but others who had played for years quit or never came out.
I hate it for the kids because they deserve better. I hate it for the program because once a class program is now thugish, and I hate it for the town because we love our football.

I can not deny the bold, and sadly upon further investigation i have been told by former players parents your other comments are true.
The black cats need a change it's sad times
Pikeville better get their Farm System in order to maintain their success

Big Grin

Just kidding since jetpilot is in here

Seriously it is painful seeing Pburg so down as they are one of my favorite programs outside of Belfry and I honestly don't see it changing in a hurry. The new school will not help Pburg by any stretch of the imagination as well. Even if only a couple kids choose to go there that would normally play football at Pburg, that's still a couple of kids who normally may not have left and another hit to their depth.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pikeville better get their Farm System in order to maintain their success

Big Grin

Just kidding since jetpilot is in here

Seriously it is painful seeing Pburg so down as they are one of my favorite programs outside of Belfry and I honestly don't see it changing in a hurry. The new school will not help Pburg by any stretch of the imagination as well. Even if only a couple kids choose to go there that would normally play football at Pburg, that's still a couple of kids who normally may not have left and another hit to their depth.

Belfry's farm system is the model we all strive to attain. Until that time comes we can only continue to work hard.:biggrin:

Don't know if it is really the coach's fault that things are so bad in P'burg, but the atmosphere is so poisoned that I don't see it getting better until there is a change at the top.
jetpilot Wrote:Belfry's farm system is the model we all strive to attain. Until that time comes we can only continue to work hard.:biggrin:

Don't know if it is really the coach's fault that things are so bad in P'burg, but the atmosphere is so poisoned that I don't see it getting better until there is a change at the top.

Sadly I agree

Derossett has had a truly great run at Pburg and needs to be honored and revered for what he has done. I would even say he is one of the State's More Underrated Coaches when discussing his overall tenure.

With that said, it might be time for a mutual separation.

I don't see it improving to the level Pburg fans want to see.

I just hope Pburg can put the present to the side and give the man the credit and respect he deserves once the time comes and this isn't an ugly divorce.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Sadly I agree

Derossett has had a truly great run at Pburg and needs to be honored and revered for what he has done. I would even say he is one of the State's More Underrated Coaches when discussing his overall tenure.

With that said, it might be time for a mutual separation.

I don't see it improving to the level Pburg fans want to see.

I just hope Pburg can put the present to the side and give the man the credit and respect he deserves once the time comes and this isn't an ugly divorce.

You're far and away, the one poster on this site, that I respect the most. No one even close. And I'd bet ALOT of others would agree with me. Second in line is ol' Bucs'68. :biggrin:

Anyway, there won't be a mutual separation nor an ugly divorce, as long as his sidekick and puppet has the "Principal" nameplate on his office door. I used to like Pburg football, a little bit. But the current administration has allowed, and been allowed, to poison the atmosphere, with no repercussions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]