Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good is Kash Daniel?
Just curious how good this kid is? Anybody have any comments about him?
DATE [Image: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/graphics/dot.gif]
OPPONENT
[Image: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/graphics/dot.gif]
SITE
[Image: http://scoreboard.12dt.com/graphics/dot.gif]
SCORE
STATS?
Aug 21, 15 Sheldon Clark away 7:30 PM
Aug 28, 15 Frankfort away 7:30 PM
Sep 4, 15 Pikeville home 7:30 PM
Sep 11, 15 Ridgeview, VA home 7:30 PM
Sep 18, 15 Williamsburg home 7:30 PM
Sep 25, 15 Bourbon County home 7:30 PM
Oct 1, 15 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 15 Fairview away 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 15 Raceland home 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 15 Shelby Valley away 7:30 PM

Here is his schedule if you would like to watch a game.
Watch the Pikeville, Williamsburg, Bourbon County or Raceland game.

IMO, 1A football is hard to judge a stud player on how good they are. But also playing in the mountains of Eastern KY adds to the difficulty meter of judging him.

I know I'll catch some crap for this..... but it's true.
If Paintsville played a Lex., NKY or L-ville area team & looked like a true 4 Star LB.... Then nobody could say anything. He would be the top story in the across the state.

When Mike Tyson was king of the heavyweight boxing..... he didn't go to local "Tuffman" events and defend his titles. He fought the best in the world. And he KO'ed the best in the world. Some time the king has to prove why he wears the crown.

Kash is a great player. He will have a great senior season. He will have a great career at UK.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Really? You have the opinions of 3-4 D1 coaching staffs, Rivals, etc... All of which do it for a living and their livelihood depends on it and you want the BGR crowds opinion.
Armchair QB Wrote:Really? You have the opinions of 3-4 D1 coaching staffs, Rivals, etc... All of which do it for a living and their livelihood depends on it and you want the BGR crowds opinion.
We are great judges of talent. If you dont believe us just ask us Confusednicker:
the Fairview game in westwood should be a barn burner...2 of eastern ky's best qb's duel it out
Armchair QB Wrote:Really? You have the opinions of 3-4 D1 coaching staffs, Rivals, etc... All of which do it for a living and their livelihood depends on it and you want the BGR crowds opinion.

dammit, i take that as an insult. Confusednicker:

On a side note, and I know nothing of it, but how did this kid not end up at JC over the years? And does he actually live in Paintsville and has always went there?

To be honest, I had never heard of the kid until he started popping up on recruiting boards and other places this year. Looks pretty stout and from everything ive seen on video, has good athleticism.
I wish him nothing but the best but KHSAA 1 A football is a long way from SEC football.it is yet to be seen if he can play with the big boys.
Kash has huge upside and is a freak athelete. His verticle, bench, and squat are trmendous for a kid of his height and weight.
I plan on watching this kid play this year. I want to see him play a beachwood or another top notch team. It is hard to judge a player in class 1a in eastern KY. I also have to ask the question how come he isn't at JC?????
Diamond in the rough of the Mountains!!!! Good luck at Kentucky
Pretty dang good.
pjdoug Wrote:I wish him nothing but the best but KHSAA 1 A football is a long way from SEC football.it is yet to be seen if he can play with the big boys.

That shouldn't be a problem. He is going to UK and I can't recall them ever really playing with the big boys in the SEC. Would have been much better for him to play for Louisville if he wanted to play close to home. Confusednicker:
I think he'll have the JJ Jude problem in College...there's a reason you can dominate HS levels, but the NCAA won't let you get by with it, so you'll have to transfer to an NAIA school to get by with it.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Kash has huge upside and is a freak athelete. His verticle, bench, and squat are trmendous for a kid of his height and weight.
Kash went to a camp and preformed admirably, his measurable"s were excellent...He was laser timed something like a 4.57....There is a reason South Carolina and UK offered this kid, it's all about potential....As with any D1 recruit you never know what you have till he gets on the field after a few years in the weight room and coaching...I read where Kash will enroll at UK in January...
0ff The Chain Wrote:That shouldn't be a problem. He is going to UK and I can't recall them ever really playing with the big boys in the SEC. Would have been much better for him to play for Louisville if he wanted to play close to home. Confusednicker:

The weakest SEC school is in a different world than a 1 A high school football team:dudecomeon:
I think he is actually better and capable of more than what he has done and his film study shows. Being 70% of your teams offense and the leading tackler by about 50 tackles, says alot about this kid. I think he will have a good career at UK. Extremely hard worker and for all the smoke being blown his way, he has remained humble and continues to work hard. Blue collar kid, hard nosed kid, definitely a throw back player to the days before tuck rules, helmet/pad restrictions, and touch football on the quarterback.

Here is a question that i just thought of though. After a player has committed or signed a Letter of Intent with a program, can other colleges still persue them to try and change their mind?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think he is actually better and capable of more than what he has done and his film study shows. Being 70% of your teams offense and the leading tackler by about 50 tackles, says alot about this kid. I think he will have a good career at UK. Extremely hard worker and for all the smoke being blown his way, he has remained humble and continues to work hard. Blue collar kid, hard nosed kid, definitely a throw back player to the days before tuck rules, helmet/pad restrictions, and touch football on the quarterback.

Here is a question that i just thought of though. After a player has committed or signed a Letter of Intent with a program, can other colleges still persue them to try and change their mind?

I've seen several kids be great fullbacks and linebackers that lead in tackles by a lot at my local school,but they didn't go to SEC schools Smile.His vertical and speed stand out though,and I hope he keeps getting stronger and even makes it to the next level. I love to see an Eastern Kentucky kid do well Smile. I thought they could still change their mind but I'm not really sure.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I think he is actually better and capable of more than what he has done and his film study shows. Being 70% of your teams offense and the leading tackler by about 50 tackles, says alot about this kid. I think he will have a good career at UK. Extremely hard worker and for all the smoke being blown his way, he has remained humble and continues to work hard. Blue collar kid, hard nosed kid, definitely a throw back player to the days before tuck rules, helmet/pad restrictions, and touch football on the quarterback.

Basically a commitment means little, other schools can still pursue you...After a letter of intent is signed you are going to that school unless they let you out...I think after that point other schools would have to ask permission to recruit that player...
pjdoug Wrote:I've seen several kids be great fullbacks and linebackers that lead in tackles by a lot at my local school,but they didn't go to SEC schools Smile.His vertical and speed stand out though,and I hope he keeps getting stronger and even makes it to the next level. I love to see an Eastern Kentucky kid do well Smile. I thought they could still change their mind but I'm not really sure.

Agreed. I just think with his work ethic and strength and atheleticism, he is actually a freakin steal for the Cats. I think his competition that he faced, the bigger SEC schools didnt come knocking because he was going up against 3+ star atheletes. Paintsville is playing a MUCH tougher schedule this year. But still know major recruits on their schedule though. But good luck to Kash, great kid.
The kid has not played a down of SEC football, but i believe he would not be the first from a small 1a school in Paintsville. Anybody remember a fellow by the name of Joey Couch, seems he had a pretty decent career in the SEC. May have been undersized but my God, he was tough as Nails...
Paintsville 44 raceland 0 in 3rd quarter!! that's how good he thinks he is. kash has been quoted by Kentucky 247 sports in an interview about his recruitment! said he didn't want to have to think about the process anymore when on Friday night they are whooping the rams!!:redboxer:
According to the Kentucky Sports Radio (KSR) website.....

Kash will graduate early from Paintsville and enroll at UK in January. Meaning he can participate in spring camp.

I guess that means no HS basketball or baseball next season for Mr. Daniel.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
scrappy coco Wrote:Paintsville 44 raceland 0 in 3rd quarter!! that's how good he thinks he is. kash has been quoted by Kentucky 247 sports in an interview about his recruitment! said he didn't want to have to think about the process anymore when on Friday night they are whooping the rams!!:redboxer:

While I can appreciate having confidence in a team this is a very foolish statement considering that Raceland is 6-0 against Paintsville since 2011 with a combined score of 242-43 and three shutouts. I think this year Paintsville will give the Rams all they want and they may even be able to beat Raceland but to predict a blowout victory against a team that has beat you by double digits everytime you've played isn't very realistic.
Good player who I have seen play up close, but one player isn't going to beat a decent team. If he does, that team wasn't very good to begin with. Now if he has a decent supporting cast then that's a different story.
Paintsville has a chance to have a very good season, but I still don't think they'll get by Raceland.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Kash has huge upside and is a freak athelete. His verticle, bench, and squat are trmendous for a kid of his height and weight.

What does he bench and squat ?
BKisler Wrote:What does he bench and squat ?
Seen a video of him squatting the other day and not sure if it was his max or he did reps but he either had 5 or 6 plates on each side. So 495 or 585 that I seen him doing.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:The kid has not played a down of SEC football, but i believe he would not be the first from a small 1a school in Paintsville. Anybody remember a fellow by the name of Joey Couch, seems he had a pretty decent career in the SEC. May have been undersized but my God, he was tough as Nails...

Yes i remember Joey Couch well. A matter of fact i was talking to him a couple weeks ago at the 7 on 7s at uk passing camp follow his college career. he has family member from leslie county also. :Cheerlead Kash daniel will be the man in a couple of years at uk.....Marked it down ( defense for sure ) i can see him playing as a TE or FB on offense to.
Well, no one really thought of him as a star around here until he went to a rivals camp and apparently balled out and that is where he recruitment really began to take off. That's the sad thing about mountain football. So many great players come and go but are barely even noticed or considered big time because they never attend any camps to where they are going up face to face with the best players across the nation. So kudos to the boy and the boy's family for taking the time to take the young man to camps and allow him to showcase his talent and hopefully this will draw some much deserved attention to the mountains.

Now as far as how good is he? He is good enough to receive all the offers that he got from South Carolina and Kentucky to name a few and then not big time enough to receive an offer from Ohio State that I was told came to Paintsville to watch a practice of his. So in my opinion, he's pretty dang good.