Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 34 Raceland 8(Class 1A Semi-Finals)
Maybe its just me, but I would be hated as a coach.

I for one think its "okay" to run the score up. Its part of the game. Stop it or quit playing. Simple choices.
Should never do that.
If Herron is 6'8" he's six eight of dumbass for not taking a knee...He better hope Mayfield teaches him class...
I think he probably did that to try to make us feel they dominated Raceland.
In this day of technology where everyone can see every play it's impossible...
http://youtu.be/8UZ0Fr_bBUw?t=2h50m28s

wow this is crazy and should have been an ejection
It's hilarious that the people who are most upset about this are people not even from Raceland... Looking back on it I'm sure Herron would renig on the decision to score the extra TD, and I assure you he is a great man whom I highly respect. I can see where it leaves a bad taste, but I'm sure we all have been on both sides of this scenario. Sorry for the bad taste, thanks for the hospitality, and good luck in 2015... If we meet again I'm expecting a great game.
That was a horrid late hit. If it was from a SR, I could AT THE LEAST chalk it up to emptions. But Nathaniel is a sophomore and a good one at that. I am somewhat suprised to see that out of him. Coach Salmons took care of it quickly. I think he handle to situation as good as he could. Hope the kid from Wburg is Okay.
69-0 63-0 63-0. Do those scores sound familiar to classy Mayfield.
goherd_22 Wrote:don't throw td pass with 25 sec left and the kicker don't get concussion.

if you think the td pass was classless then having a player hit an unprotected player like a kicker is probably the most stupid lame act i have ever seen on a football field. It was 4th down with time left on the clock. Williamsburg trying to hang on to football as long as possible. A team just hands over the ball to the opposition and says here your turn............some people on here really needs to go back to knitting or collecting stamps before they get on here and call someone classless.
jetpilot Wrote:if herron is 6'8" he's six eight of dumbass for not taking a knee...he better hope mayfield teaches him class...

people that had their team ousted early from the playoffs shouldn't be allowed to comment on other games. Especially individuals.....go back to knitting and wait until next year so you can rant and rave when your team is actually playing again.
If coach herron was about running up scores then you would have a team rewrite the national scoring records in hs. He called the dogs off early and often on teams all season when things were well in hand.........look at the scores........do you think the teams that scored 21 on williamsburg that everyone called cupcakes were better than raceland. No way!!! From what i could tell raceland handled this situation very well and did a great coach. Raceland had a very good team.........end of discussion. Hated the kid felt like he needed to hit a defenseless player like a kicker but it was handled well by all parties involved.
OLDBALLCOACH Wrote:people that had their team ousted early from the playoffs shouldn't be allowed to comment on other games. Especially individuals.....go back to knitting and wait until next year so you can rant and rave when your team is actually playing again.

Says the guy with no trophies.:biglmao:
jetpilot Wrote:If Herron is 6'8" he's six eight of dumbass for not taking a knee...He better hope Mayfield teaches him class...

Oxymoron.

Calling somebody a jackass and then asking that person to show class :Shaking:
^??? You don't get it either...not surprised...
jetpilot Wrote:^??? You don't get it either...not surprised...

Oh I get it.
Im very thankful for you and your Pikeville fans. No matter if Belfry wins the title, it will always have an asterisk beside it and for that I believe were all truly grateful.
Check out the 2:50:00 mark of the video. That's about the worst example of "targeting" I've ever seen, particularly considering #2 from Raceland was headhunting the kicker. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a player just take off and straight out blast the kicker without even making any pretense about going for the block. Late score or not, just a terrible act.
Why don't you ask the losers in those games if we ran the score up? They will tell you that the last scores were from our jv and while running the ball, not throwing.
Here's the breakdown:

Coaching= big edge to Mayfield
RB= big edge to Mayfield
WR= slight edge to Mayfield
Kicking game= slight edge to Williamsburg
Offensive Line= slight edge to Mayfield
QB= a wash
D Line= Big edge to Mayfield
LB's= a wash
CB's= edge to Mayfield
Safeties= slight edge to Williamsburg
Speed= big edge to Mayfield

That was a comparison of Williamsburg's varsity versus Mayfield's jv. I don't know that the burg can score this time either. Yes, I have watched videos so I have seen them.
Now, for our varsity versus the Burg's varsity, Mayfield has a huge edge in every category.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Oh I get it.
Im very thankful for you and your Pikeville fans. No matter if Belfry wins the title, it will always have an asterisk beside it and for that I believe were all truly grateful.

:biglmao:
mysonis55 Wrote:Now, for our varsity versus the Burg's varsity, Mayfield has a huge edge in every category.

now compare your varsity to the Green Bay Packers :ChairHit:
jetpilot Wrote:Says the guy with no trophies.:biglmao:

Jetpilot's trophies are so old Noah used them as paper weights on the ark. Pikeville should hire Linda Lovelace to coach next year so they don't choke on the big one. Shotdown Pilot you need to run and hide and sulk some more.
E's Army Wrote:Jetpilot's trophies are so old Noah used them as paper weights on the ark. Pikeville should hire Linda Lovelace to coach next year so they don't choke on the big one. Shotdown Pilot you need to run and hide and sulk some more.

Says the guy who doesn't know what a trophy looks like.:lame:
mysonis55 Wrote:Why don't you ask the losers in those games if we ran the score up? They will tell you that the last scores were from our jv and while running the ball, not throwing.
Raceland was a lot closer to stopping a pass than the Fulton's to stopping anything.
E's Army Wrote:Jetpilot's trophies are so old Noah used them as paper weights on the ark. Pikeville should hire Linda Lovelace to coach next year so they don't choke on the big one. Shotdown Pilot you need to run and hide and sulk some more.

:yikes:
55 you just said your JV is better than our varsity. What is the difference? Are you getting confused with your lies?
55 is kin to jetpitot....I'm pretty sure 55 is a big mouth. Jetpitot is a real kamikaze. :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:55 is kin to jetpitot....I'm pretty sure 55 is a big mouth. Jetpitot is a real kamikaze. :lmao:

:pondering:
nekysportsfan Wrote:Check out the 2:50:00 mark of the video. That's about the worst example of "targeting" I've ever seen, particularly considering #2 from Raceland was headhunting the kicker. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a player just take off and straight out blast the kicker without even making any pretense about going for the block. Late score or not, just a terrible act.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2624517/high.../210287702
Is this a cheap shot? All of you are so worried about the kicker and messers leg was almost broke in the first quarter. Gator rolling ?