Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland vs Paintsville
Good luck to Coach Chirico and the Tigers.
This is me Wrote:Who will the rams key on ,Daniel, Hendricks or belcher? Don't think you can key on all of them.. Also If Belcher is healthy he will back at outside lb, that will make a difference on Def.. I will agree the tigers have to have ball control, running and passing the football. Should be a good and interesting game..

Thats what is so great about our personel on defense. Young, Messer, Dixon, and The other DBs all cover so much ground that we dont have to worry about one imparticular matchup on recievers. Our LBs do a great job in coverage as well. We dealt with the three headed attack of Long, Baker , and Prince from Ashland and did a good enough job to win the game. It was our inexperience upfront and Ashlands depth upfront that caused our issues in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. We have developed that depth issue a great deal. Paintsville doesnt have the line or depth that Ashland did.

I think our primary concern will be getting pressure in the backfield. Be it against the run or pass. Our advantage will be upfront. We arent going to outsize anyone for the most part, but we will be quicker and stronger upfront. So i guess to answer the question is we wont be "keying" on one player alone. The primary goal will be disrupting the timing by getting pressure up front and forcing them to become one demensional. Which imo, will be taking away the passing game and forcing them to rely on the run. They have a great backfield, but w/o the presence of a dominate or consistant offensive line, that is almost negated in ways. I think Paintsville will put up some numbers, simply because they are more balanced than most of the teams we have played. But it will all be between the 30s and from a big gain or so by Hendricks. It will boil down to who can keep their offense on the field the longest, with thag said, I think our defense is several steps ahead of theirs. Not really a weak point. If Paintsville had a line like Coal Grove, Ashland, or even Lawrence Co, I think they would pose a threat, but they dont. Again, I dont want to belittle or take anything away from the growth and improvements that Chirico and co have made , just stating why I feel Raceland wins.
BigMelon63 Wrote:I seen and played football in the mountains for many years and I can tell you one thing that is a fact. Donte Hendricks is the fastest player I have ever seen. Once he plants his toe and cuts, no one can catch him and he doesn't go down very easy like most fast players. If you don't corral him he is gone.

Hendricks is blazing fast. I recall Tony Mayes of Paintsville and Shag Branham of Prestonsburg being two of the fastest kids I have ever witnessed on a football field. Mike Hunt for Raceland could fly too before a knee injury sidelined him.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Thats what is so great about our personel on defense. Young, Messer, Dixon, and The other DBs all cover so much ground that we dont have to worry about one imparticular matchup on recievers. Our LBs do a great job in coverage as well. We dealt with the three headed attack of Long, Baker , and Prince from Ashland and did a good enough job to win the game. It was our inexperience upfront and Ashlands depth upfront that caused our issues in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. We have developed that depth issue a great deal. Paintsville doesnt have the line or depth that Ashland did.

I think our primary concern will be getting pressure in the backfield. Be it against the run or pass. Our advantage will be upfront. We arent going to outsize anyone for the most part, but we will be quicker and stronger upfront. So i guess to answer the question is we wont be "keying" on one player alone. The primary goal will be disrupting the timing by getting pressure up front and Sorcing them to become one demensional. Which imo, will be taking away the passing game and forcing them to rely on the run. They have a great backfield, but w/o the presence of a dominate or consistant offensive line, that is almost negated in ways. I think Paintsville will put up some numbers, simply because they are more balanced than most of the teams we have played. But it will all be between the 30s and from a big gain or so by Hendricks. It will boil down to who can keep their offense on the field the longest, with thag said, I think our defense is several steps ahead of theirs. Not really a weak point. If Paintsville had a line like Coal Grove, Ashland, or even Lawrence Co, I think they would pose a threat, but they dont. Again, I dont want to belittle or take anything away from the growth and improvements that Chirico and co have made , just stating why I feel Raceland wins.

Seems like the game plans in order..
Good luck to you SB and the rams..
To you and the tigers as well T.I.M. This is all my opinion as well. Hell, the coaching staff may run the pole cat for all i know lol
Paintsville has three starting linemen back they did not have in the Pikeville game.
I played with Tony Mayes and Jerry Runyon. They were two of the fastest I had ever seen in high school until I watched this Hendricks kid.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Paintsville has three starting linemen back they did not have in the Pikeville game.

So? Did they play against Fairview and give up 400 yds? If you are talking about Lemaster and Howard do they even play defense? I see Lemaster is credited with 2 assists the last two years and Howard no tackles. Who is the other one? Someone else said Belcher would be back at LB, but he played against Pikeville last time. My point is, whatever 11 people Paintsville puts on the field on defense will get shredded by Pikeville again and probably by Raceland on Friday.

Edit: Other lineman is Childers? So only one of the three plays defense, right?
It just allows some linemen to rest instead of playing both ways. A team can have 500 yrds and if they don't score it really doesn't matter. I'm just making the point that it is a different team from the one that played Pikeville earlier in the season and if you think this is going to be an easy game you may be mistaken.
BigMelon63 Wrote:It just allows some linemen to rest instead of playing both ways. A team can have 500 yrds and if they don't score it really doesn't matter. I'm just making the point that it is a different team from the one that played Pikeville earlier in the season and if you think this is going to be an easy game you may be mistaken.

My advice BM63 is not to get too involved with jetpilot. He will kill you with stats and historical data which you cannot win.
BigMelon63 Wrote:It just allows some linemen to rest instead of playing both ways. A team can have 500 yrds and if they don't score it really doesn't matter. I'm just making the point that it is a different team from the one that played Pikeville earlier in the season and if you think this is going to be an easy game you may be mistaken.

Pikeville can score as they showed against Paintsville last time and everyone else. Paintsville may not be the same team but the same players will be out there. Pikeville will score a ton of points on that defense. Paintsville may be able to stay in the game if they can put a bunch of points on the board but that's a very big if. We will see where Paintsville is at in a few days. If they prove me wrong and play with Raceland all bets are off.:popcorn:
TigerBlues Wrote:My advice BM63 is not to get too involved with jetpilot. He will kill you with stats and historical data which you cannot win.

:Thumbs:

And tape of the last game.:biggrin:
Dang TB we were buds before Paintsville got good!:why:
That's why they play the game. I played against Pikeville my senior year when they were # 2 in the state and we were not supposed to beat them. No one gave us a chance. The rest is history. 22-0 nuff said. It can happen.
^My grandpa told me about that game. He said his grandpa told him about it.:devilflam

Confusedinglepar:biggrin:
BigMelon63 Wrote:That's why they play the game. I played against Pikeville my senior year when they were # 2 in the state and we were not supposed to beat them. No one gave us a chance. The rest is history. 22-0 nuff said. It can happen.

Had those same players just beat you by 54 with a running clock the whole second half a few weeks before? Just sayin'. First things first though. Good luck to the Tigers against Raceland.
jetpilot Wrote:Dang TB we were buds before Paintsville got good!:why:

Still are JP, trying to help a fellow Tiger out before the obvious
No running clocks and only one team from district went to the payoffs. It was us.
jetpilot Wrote:^My grandpa told me about that game. He said his grandpa told him about it.:devilflam

Confusedinglepar:biggrin:

:ChairHit:
TigerBlues Wrote:Still are JP, trying to help a fellow Tiger out before the obvious

You know it TB, the only thing that is obvious is there will be trolling haha...TongueirateSho
BigMelon63 Wrote:No running clocks and only one team from district went to the payoffs. It was us.

My grandpa still soils his Depends at the mention of it.
Rams by eleventy kabillion
BigMelon63 Wrote:I've not seen Raceland play. I hear they are pretty good. If Paintsville puts Hendricks in the slot and runs a balanced offense "jet, off-tackle and pass mix" they will be hard to handle. It may be one of those 45-40 shootouts. the x factor may be Hendrick's speed on kickoff and punt returns. Friday he looked like a player who hadn't shaken all the rust off yet. We will see Friday. That's why they play the game.

He won't get the first chance to run a kickoff back because the kick will go nowhere near where he is, more than likely out of bounds and Paintsville will take the ball on the 35 yd line.

As far as running a punt back, very very very seldom do the RAMS punt the ball, so unless Paintsville has the best D we've seen all year, I don't see them getting the opportunity to return any kicks.:football::football:
Wow, people mentioning Tony Mayes on here brings back some memories for me. I ran against him as a 10th grader and he was a senior in the 400 meters. I finished 2nd in the old NEKC and of course he was the one that beat me. I had my best time ever and he still beat me by over a second. Just an awesome athlete and he recovered the fumble that locked up the win for UK the last time they beat Florida, he had a really nice career with the Cats. They have had some pretty good athletes at Paintsville and Raceland over the years.
Couple D1 guys from those two schools over the years arent bad. In all honesty, Raceland had potentially 4 or 5 potential division 1 caliber players Petterey's senior year. Josh Adkins, Anthony Frisby, Ross Reed, and Josh Roar all had the ability but ended up doing something else. Anthony was one of the fastest guys I have ever seen in my life. He and Adkins were both apart of the State Championship Track Team.

I think Reed opted out to a academic scholly and Adkins ended up in the military and Im not sure what happened to Roar and Frisby. That was a very good Raceland team on '04. Pettery was a great D1 kicker for Ohio State, but he also had some offers at some big NAIA, Small FCS, and D1 2A schools at QB and WR. Paintsville had a slew of tallent back on the BMR days as well.
If Orange Blaze ever comes back around on here Im sure he could share some insight on the subject of the '04 team. Back to this year....

Rams are the more complete team and handle their business at home.
jetpilot Wrote:So? Did they play against Fairview and give up 400 yds? If you are talking about Lemaster and Howard do they even play defense? I see Lemaster is credited with 2 assists the last two years and Howard no tackles. Who is the other one? Someone else said Belcher would be back at LB, but he played against Pikeville last time. My point is, whatever 11 people Paintsville puts on the field on defense will get shredded by Pikeville again and probably by Raceland on Friday.

Edit: Other lineman is Childers? So only one of the three plays defense, right?

Watched some highlights and Childers played last time. Don't know who the 3rd lineman is but doesn't matter. Also saw where Hendricks evidently didn't play on defense last week. He wasn't credited with any tackles. So unless Paintsville switches some things up on defense they will have the same 11 on the field vs. Pikeville next time? rut-roh....:popcorn:

Also, have to get trolling done because once playoffs start I will not be on BGR...:truestory:
Sebastian Johansonn is at Marshall also from Raceland.
jetpilot Wrote:Watched some highlights and Childers played last time. Don't know who the 3rd lineman is but doesn't matter. Also saw where Hendricks evidently didn't play on defense last week. He wasn't credited with any tackles. So unless Paintsville switches some things up on defense they will have the same 11 on the field vs. Pikeville next time? rut-roh....:popcorn:

Also, have to get trolling done because once playoffs start I will not be on BGR...:truestory:
Say it's not so???? Man, you going to leave all the trolling to me and Five O? Lol