•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Teams You Just Don't Like
Big Five-0- Wrote:Truth be known, that "Highlands" fan was probably from somewhere in Ohio, looking down through his arrogant nose on E. Ky. I like the thought of sending the bus through Phelps. Only difference I would have made, I would've sent him from Phelps, back through Blackberry., and into Hardy to 119. That would give him a good geography lesson of E.Ky. Confusednicker:

Why not just take the interstate through Pounding Mill Gap.? It's not only quicker, it very scenic too.Confusednicker:
papagrit Wrote:LOL....don't forget to "Hustle" by Larry Flynt's old place.Confusednicker:

The one in Lakeville, or the other one?:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Why not just take the interstate through Pounding Mill Gap.? It's not only quicker, it very scenic too.Confusednicker:

Really thought about that, but wanted them to get a full night of traveling the fifty cent tour.:biggrin:
Hey, 119 runs through OUR county, too!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Hey, 119 runs through OUR county, too!!

Confusednicker:

Yes it does for sure granny. Got family there at Totz.
Lynch47 Wrote:... What is his excuse for dropping Belfry after they got out of the district?

That's easy...

John knew Prestonsburg wasn't going to be competitive with Belfry a few years. Though playing a better team will improve a team's play, playing one a LOT better can be destructive for the lesser team while accomplishing little for the better team.

Part of the job of a coach is to create a schedule which makes your team BETTER, not simply fill it with as many tough opponents as possible without regard to the ability of your own players. No team "owes" another a debt of being thrashed simply to continue a series matchup. That's just lazy/poor scheduling barring a change in circumstances (unforeseen) after setting a schedule.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Yes it does for sure granny. Got family there at Totz.

Oh, bless you my child!
Confusednicker:
You all talking about US119 makes me think back to the mid eighties when my cousin played in a "Kiwanis Bowl" in Williamson, WV. Me and a buddy went up to watch the game and were looking for a place to stay. My cousin told us that the coaching staff told them to tell families to stay away from the "119 Motel" near there because it was a cathouse. I always laugh when US119 is brought up and think about the 119 Motel near Williamson when I hear the highway's name brought up. By the way...we went back over the two mountains to Pikeville and stayed at the Holiday Inn on the hill.
1.) Lynn Camp
2.) Pikeville
3.) Perry Central
4.) Leslie Co.
5.) Somerset
Big Five-0- Wrote:Haven't been too fond of Beechwood since the semi final game at their place in 87'. Me, and my buddies bought our tickets, going on through and some yankee ask us "Hey boys, who's tending the mules back home?" Several Beechwood folks heard it and really got a laugh out of that. :devilflam

But they stopped laughing not long after the opening kickoff and were openly crying before halftime.:truestory:
jetpilot Wrote:But they stopped laughing not long after the opening kickoff and were openly crying before halftime.:truestory:

YES!! And how sweet it was. TongueirateSho
papagrit Wrote:You all talking about US119 makes me think back to the mid eighties when my cousin played in a "Kiwanis Bowl" in Williamson, WV. Me and a buddy went up to watch the game and were looking for a place to stay. My cousin told us that the coaching staff told them to tell families to stay away from the "119 Motel" near there because it was a cathouse. I always laugh when US119 is brought up and think about the 119 Motel near Williamson when I hear the highway's name brought up. By the way...we went back over the two mountains to Pikeville and stayed at the Holiday Inn on the hill.

Suuuure you did!!
Confusednicker:

Still you remember the 119 cathouse!
Big Five-0- Wrote:Truth be known, that "Highlands" fan was probably from somewhere in Ohio, looking down through his arrogant nose on E. Ky. I like the thought of sending the bus through Phelps. Only difference I would have made, I would've sent him from Phelps, back through Blackberry., and into Hardy to 119. That would give him a good geography lesson of E.Ky. Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
FarristownFlyer Wrote:This post has literally made me LOL...but lets be honest...North of Grant Co. is just a bunch of Buckeyes anyway!!! :-)

and we all know buckeyes are worthless nuts.
I was reading this post and remembered an old post I made a long time ago. I looked back and it was from December 2011. The brothers WIDE were touting Northern Kentucky football pretty loudly during some trolling and how the rest of the state sucked if I remember correctly and I had been studying a bible lesson that day. It might be a little blasphemous...but it was all in the name of humor.

Ya know...one of these days, the LORD will reach his finger down and reroute the mighty Ohio River.....and the Counties, Boone, Kenton and Campbell will then fall into the place in the great state of Ohio.....and all the people there will rejoice because their superior football will be included with the teams that are on THEIR level and they will have rejoined their brethren from which they have been seperated for so long....and the people south of the Ohio River will rejoice because because they no longer have to strive to such perfection and will be happy for the lost people of Ohio who once called themselves Kentuckians and had to suffer through the inferior Kentucky football and ALL will be good in the world. The LORD will smile upon this contentment of his children and say, "THIS IS GOOD".
Amen.
oneijoe Wrote:That's easy...

John knew Prestonsburg wasn't going to be competitive with Belfry a few years. Though playing a better team will improve a team's play, playing one a LOT better can be destructive for the lesser team while accomplishing little for the better team.

Part of the job of a coach is to create a schedule which makes your team BETTER, not simply fill it with as many tough opponents as possible without regard to the ability of your own players. No team "owes" another a debt of being thrashed simply to continue a series matchup. That's just lazy/poor scheduling barring a change in circumstances (unforeseen) after setting a schedule.

John is notorious for watering down a schedule with teams that had previous success to make it seem as if he is creating a strong schedule. That's why he is the all time wins coach in school history. No reason why Prestonsburg shouldn't play JC and Belfry every year. Much closer than Powell or Clay Co and better competition.
Ike Cooter Wrote:John is notorious for watering down a schedule with teams that had previous success to make it seem as if he is creating a strong schedule. That's why he is the all time wins coach in school history. No reason why Prestonsburg shouldn't play JC and Belfry every year. Much closer than Powell or Clay Co and better competition.

I tend to side with Oneijoe's argument. Pburg seemingly schedules to the level of their program.

When Pburg is "Up" they schedule "Up" traditionally.That's why they were not afraid to play Belfry out of district in 2009 or 2010. That's why they weren't afraid to play teams like Bell County and Ashland in 2004.

Let's be honest... over the past decade there may have been two...at the most three... years in which Pburg even would have been competitive with JC. I'm all for stretching your legs out and playing teams that will challenge you, but playing teams that will dismantle you year after year is a recipe for disaster. It's the same reason you don't see Matney scheduling elite Ohio teams or schools like Bowling Green or Trinity. It's the reason you don't see Belfry looking to start a series with the same.

I know it is frustrating for JC to struggle to find local teams who want to play them...but at the same time there are not many local teams JC SHOULD be playing
The short list:
1. Simon Kenton - Think they are on the level of HHS or CCH and haven't done crap to prove it.
2. Highlands High School - Because they are who we said they are. ( I hate FT. Thomas)
3. Covington Catholic High School - Because they who we said they are. ( Covington?)
4. The three above - Because they wear the same shade of blue.
5. The three above - Because they beat us the last time we played them.
1.Pburg
2.Pikeville
3.Letcher Central
4.Williamsburg
5.South Laurel
papagrit Wrote:I was reading this post and remembered an old post I made a long time ago. I looked back and it was from December 2011. The brothers WIDE were touting Northern Kentucky football pretty loudly during some trolling and how the rest of the state sucked if I remember correctly and I had been studying a bible lesson that day. It might be a little blasphemous...but it was all in the name of humor.

Ya know...one of these days, the LORD will reach his finger down and reroute the mighty Ohio River.....and the Counties, Boone, Kenton and Campbell will then fall into the place in the great state of Ohio.....and all the people there will rejoice because their superior football will be included with the teams that are on THEIR level and they will have rejoined their brethren from which they have been seperated for so long....and the people south of the Ohio River will rejoice because because they no longer have to strive to such perfection and will be happy for the lost people of Ohio who once called themselves Kentuckians and had to suffer through the inferior Kentucky football and ALL will be good in the world. The LORD will smile upon this contentment of his children and say, "THIS IS GOOD".
Amen.

NOT blasphemous. I firmly believe that God has a sense of humor!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I tend to side with Oneijoe's argument. Pburg seemingly schedules to the level of their program.

When Pburg is "Up" they schedule "Up" traditionally.That's why they were not afraid to play Belfry out of district in 2009 or 2010. That's why they weren't afraid to play teams like Bell County and Ashland in 2004.

Let's be honest... over the past decade there may have been two...at the most three... years in which Pburg even would have been competitive with JC. I'm all for stretching your legs out and playing teams that will challenge you, but playing teams that will dismantle you year after year is a recipe for disaster. It's the same reason you don't see Matney scheduling elite Ohio teams or schools like Bowling Green or Trinity. It's the reason you don't see Belfry looking to start a series with the same.

I know it is frustrating for JC to struggle to find local teams who want to play them...but at the same time there are not many local teams JC SHOULD be playing

Good post. :Thumbs:

And... I hate to beat a "dead horse" but.....
With the coal industry dying day by day, the number of players per school and the talent level WILL DROP over the next few seasons in Eastern KY. Across the board, in every sport. We will see a decrease in the number of kids coming out.

It's looking like we (JC) had better get used to playing out of state teams on a regular basis, season by season.

I would LOVE TO SEE JC play some upper middle/high class level teams from the Cincy area..... it may be a tough game, but I know the players would benefit.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Oh ST.X and Trinity too, Just because it ain't fare
1. Pike central (disrespectful/plays dirty when they are losing.)
2. Belfry (respect them and are the best team in the mountains. they have great fans but they broke my heart when they beat us..)
3. Clay county (idk just don't like them.. nothing personal)
4. mayfield (seems to always be bragging and I like Hazard.)
5. Wayne county. (After they lost they seemed to make a lot of excuses but just can't admit the better team won.)

I'd also like to add, Every school has their "ignorant" fans that makes their school/county look bad. Some have more than others but I can assure you that there are a lot in Breathitt county that respects all the teams and are great fans.
"Nah. No more sensitive than giving directions to a NKY school like this:

"Straight on 75. Turn right at the 3rd crack house, go past the 2nd whorehouse, spin a quick "U-ey" at the 2nd dead body chalk outline, go past 4 parent-paid for high school bonfire keggers, and you're right there, can't miss it, you'll smell the synthetic Mary Jane. "

After all, no one is sensitive about those things, eh?"

This is possibly the greatest post I have ever read on BGR - Perfect !!

:lmao:
:hilarious:
Trinity
St X
Boone
Simon Kenton
Scott Co
Fear the Nation Wrote:Oh ST.X and Trinity too, Just because it ain't fare

Ohh boy....Here we go again.
Westside Wrote:There really isn't a program that I root against unless it's the Catholic schools like Lex Cath.

Confusednicker: Oh you mean the programs that has a winning tradition? ie Saint X, Trinity, Cov Cath, Lex Cath? LaSalle, Moller, Saint X, Elder from Ohio?
FBfan4life Wrote:Confusednicker: Oh you mean the programs that has a winning tradition? ie Saint X, Trinity, Cov Cath, Lex Cath? LaSalle, Moller, Saint X, Elder from Ohio?

No he is cool with those schools he just hates Bishop Brossart, Louisville Holy Cross, and Covington Holy Cross.

....AND DONT GET HIM STARTED on Assumption and Presentation in Volleyball.

:biggrin:
30 going on 40 Wrote:CovCath parents are the biggest bunch of complaining, excuse making fans you will find. Never their fault, always poor officiating, unless they win.

That goes for every fans and parents in the stands..... at every school.
Tommy2tone Wrote:1. Trinity
2. St. X
3. Scott Co.
4. Lex. Cath.
5. Highlands
Do I really need to say why?

Cause these are the teams that Lafayette can't beat?
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next