•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield Cardinals 2014
mysonis55 Wrote:On my way home from Hoptown. We made it to the finals. We lost to Caldwell by a td in the finals. We played 7 games. We also lost by 1 point to Trigg early in the day. We tied Christian in 1 game. We beat Christian, Marshall, McCracken and Madisonville. We did not throw any interceptions. We only had 4 bad passes the entire time. I really think we are better than expected.

:Thumbs: Honest question for you. Success breeds success for all programs. There are times though that I have seen where some teams take a lethargic approach in preparation for the coming year or years, assuming the players will do the natural thing to sharpen their abilities. How would you describe Mayfield's successful approach to continually be a top team in the state? What things do the staff, school and community implement to reward the players for their hard work on an annual basis? Does Mayfield have a year round developmental program? Does the coaching staff make various functions mandatory for players? If so, how do they keep the players from losing interest? A new ring every year should be enough but after all these are kids and kids sometimes lose sight at long term objectives and seek immediate satisfaction. I'll push send and listen.
First it starts with the coaching staff. You have to get the right coach and give him the help that he needs to pull all the assistants that he needs in. Then you have to get the kids used to winning. When they learn to win they will expect to win. When the winning starts, everyone wants to be a part of it. Then you have to reward your coaches and your players for what they do. The kids here are almost held as Heros when they are playing. Those kids eat up the attention and will influence the youth. Our boys also know the system and the plays for the most part before they get to 6th grade.
Mayfield is going to be a good team capable of winning another state title. But losing a lot of seniors is always a hit.
Sounds good for Mayfield. Who played Qb and It will be some what different when the offensive and defensive lines are line up. - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...3a0My.dpuf

Landon Arnett played qb. I agree with you about the lines. I think we would have faired better if we were playing full contact. By the way a certain 2a school that was in the tourney is getting a little too full of themselves.
64, our boys didn't get any bigger, faster or stronger. They were just satisfied with being the size, strength and speed they were. They pretty much sat around and gloated and relaxed all off season. Duh, of course they are bigger and stronger. They have had a year to grow. We have a large group of seniors as well.
64SUR Wrote:Same team Mysonis55 Boys are bigger and stronger this is a senior ball team..Plus some home kids moving back home..Now thats not Recruiting. Mr. Illinois. Confusednicker:

I agree that The Burg will be the best of the east this year and I agree they'll be improved over last year. Not sure they'll be able to beat the best of the west, be it Mayfield, Frankfort or Beechwood, but, I do think if the Jackets make it back to BG, they'll put up a much better showing than 2013. By the way, had a chance to go through W'Burg earlier this summer. Beautiful country and an awesome Water Park, I must say.
64 thinks the water park would be better if we would send them some water from Mayfield.
mysonis55 Wrote:First it starts with the coaching staff. You have to get the right coach and give him the help that he needs to pull all the assistants that he needs in. Then you have to get the kids used to winning. When they learn to win they will expect to win. When the winning starts, everyone wants to be a part of it. Then you have to reward your coaches and your players for what they do. The kids here are almost held as Heros when they are playing. Those kids eat up the attention and will influence the youth. Our boys also know the system and the plays for the most part before they get to 6th grade.

Thank you for the insight. The bolded item is truly amazing. The curiosity in me wonders if other schools that are on Mayfield's level, probably only a handful, does the same. Best wishes to you all this season.
We gave a 5a school real close to us here. They have a separate team at each of their elementary schools (7). They all ran different plays and different styles of offense until about the past 6-7 years. It means a lot when the get to middle school and they already know some of the plays and terminology. They don't feel like they are in class all day trying to learn plays.
mysonis55 Wrote:Webster Co???? Are you serious?

new coach mike whitaker from Leslie County that was my hint mysonis55.Confusednicker:
I think we will be alright. I will take Joe Morris.
mysonis55 Wrote:Sounds good for Mayfield. Who played Qb and It will be some what different when the offensive and defensive lines are line up. - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...3a0My.dpuf

Landon Arnett played qb. I agree with you about the lines. I think we would have faired better if we were playing full contact. By the way a certain 2a school that was in the tourney is getting a little too full of themselves.

I cant imagine a certain 2a school being full of themselves. Ive been saying for awhile now that they are alittle cocky. I figured they would have been humbled alittle after last year. I even have heard one fan say they would go on a run the next couple decades or more that will be as successville as mayfield has been the last 40 years.
Im glad arnett is doing well. Anyone know how jordan tyler, and the new reciever look. What about the new linebacker. I heard marshall bacon looked good at the 7 on 7. How does the secondary look.
They had Bacon, Kennemore, Colby Tucker and Jordan Tyler at rec. They all looked good. When Bacon went out for a while they plugged in Keelan Murphy and he looked good as well. They used Bright and Tyler as backs and they looked great as well. That's not counting that we have a power back in Hernandez. We also for some reason didn't have McCampbell our big 6'2" rec there. He would have added another deminsion as well. I welcome 64's teams. I think we are gonna be better than anyone expected. That is even better than I did.
mysonis55 Wrote:They had Bacon, Kennemore, Colby Tucker and Jordan Tyler at rec. They all looked good. When Bacon went out for a while they plugged in Keelan Murphy and he looked good as well. They used Bright and Tyler as backs and they looked great as well. That's not counting that we have a power back in Hernandez. We also for some reason didn't have McCampbell our big 6'2" rec there. He would have added another deminsion as well. I welcome 64's teams. I think we are gonna be better than anyone expected. That is even better than I did.

Mayfield an Williamsburg will mis their QB.....Just saying. :Sad04:
We will miss him. We missed jj last year. But, you see how that went. There is a difference 64. We are Mayfield, we do this all the time. We intend to do it again.
64SUR Wrote:Mayfield an Williamsburg will mis their QB.....Just saying. :Sad04:

Williamsburg wont miss the Mayfield quarterback Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg wont miss the Mayfield quarterback Confusednicker:

I will he was a good one I wish him the best....GO Williamsburg :Cheerlead
The new qb looks to be headed in the same direction.
I've noticed in several posts where 64 is trying to scare Cardinal Nation by implying that we can't beat Frankfort because they have gotten some transfers. This has been posted on at least 2 seperate threads. I just want to point out some facts. They did have a very good defense last year, best I saw in 1a other than the Cards. This is the difference, offense. Last year with all they had, they only mustered 139 total yards. Most of that came in desperation mode late. Now our coaching staff has said several times that our defense should be better this year so please tell me just how scared we should be 64.
mysonis55 Wrote:First it starts with the coaching staff. You have to get the right coach and give him the help that he needs to pull all the assistants that he needs in. Then you have to get the kids used to winning. When they learn to win they will expect to win. When the winning starts, everyone wants to be a part of it. Then you have to reward your coaches and your players for what they do. The kids here are almost held as Heros when they are playing. Those kids eat up the attention and will influence the youth. Our boys also know the system and the plays for the most part before they get to 6th grade.

I must add that I think that little kids grow up here wanting to be Mayfield Cardinal football players and the tradition established long ago is why. On Friday nights our kids still go to watch the games and so do their parents just as their parents did
Yeah, I remember mine out there with me at 2-3 years old. I remember from the time he was 5 until he got to middle school he thought he was actually a part of the team. He would be in the huddle for the prayer before the game started. He would be on the sideline all game long as well. He ate that stuff up.
mysonis55 Wrote:I've noticed in several posts where 64 is trying to scare Cardinal Nation by implying that we can't beat Frankfort because they have gotten some transfers. This has been posted on at least 2 seperate threads. I just want to point out some facts. They did have a very good defense last year, best I saw in 1a other than the Cards. This is the difference, offense. Last year with all they had, they only mustered 139 total yards. Most of that came in desperation mode late. Now our coaching staff has said several times that our defense should be better this year so please tell me just how scared we should be 64.

REAL SCARED Confusednicker:
Ok
Somebody forgot to tell your Mcracken neighbors they couldn't wear shoulder pads until Monday. Coach Haskins must be chomping at the bit to get started.

Confusednicker:

Thanks to the local paper for the fyi…

http://www.paducahsun.com/sports/local/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Yeah, I just heard about this yesterday. I'm sure there will be reprocussions.
I spent the day getting updates. I understand our coaching staff is thoroughly impressed and happy with the situation they find themselves in. I understand we have a big, strong, fast line this year. I understand we have 31 linemen and 63 total players. I also heard the youngsters this year are really pushing the seniors to be better.
mysonis55 Wrote:I spent the day getting updates. I understand our coaching staff is thoroughly impressed and happy with the situation they find themselves in. I understand we have a big, strong, fast line this year. I understand we have 31 linemen and 63 total players. I also heard the youngsters this year are really pushing the seniors to be better.

63 why not 64..Confusednicker:
Because Anton Lumson decided to just play basketball. When school starts, who knows, we may pick up another 1 or 2.
The more I think about this the more excited I get. We have 63 kids out for the team. I know of another at least 12 kids roaming the halls this year that should be playing. I'm talking kids that could play for anyone.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next