Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Yellow Jackets 2014
How is the season looking for the senior dominated team
Well at least they have yellow in their colors unlike the orange yellow jackets from Wburg.
How many starters +return?
mysonis55 Wrote:Well at least they have yellow in their colors unlike the orange yellow jackets from Wburg.

Actually they are Vegas gold. Changed colors to the old school a few seasons ago.
That's okay that is somewhat yellow. It's weird when your mascot is yellow jackets and your colors are orange and black. A yellow jacket is yellow and black. A pumpkin is orange. What are they teaching in the hills.
Easy that is just a w'burg problem. We teach are kids right in our part of the mountains.
That explains a lot. I think 64 really went to school at the burg. Try to make sense of what that cat is saying at times.
mysonis55 Wrote:That explains a lot. I think 64 really went to school at the burg. Try to make sense of what that cat is saying at times.

BobCat_Dad just gave you a warning mysonis55.....Be careful Confusednicker:
Is that a 64 sighting?
Looking for a great year out of Jackets. There is a lot of excitement in the boro
Coach Massengill will do a great job, Barton will be hard to handle.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Coach Massengill will do a great job, Barton will be hard to handle.

I heard he hasn't been to any of the summer workouts. Any truth?
I hope they get the good year out of their system before we come back to 2a. 1998 still stings.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope they get the good year out of their system before we come back to 2a. 1998 still stings.

I don't think you will have to worry about them for few years. Not much coming most of what they have coming is in the lower age groups.
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope they get the good year out of their system before we come back to 2a. 1998 still stings.

literally?
Funny story about that game in 98. I ate more crow than ever. This is a true story. I was on the sideline for that game, not a player. This big heavy set guy with a beard was walking up the sideline and had a big camera. He started talking and told me he was a reporter for the paper there in the boro. I told him that he was the man that was going to be bringing back the bad news. I told him that I looked across the way and they didn't have enough fast boys over there. He told me, that's the fastest white boys you ever seen. Then they commenced to kicking our tails.
Middlesboro had to be a strong class a team in 98. I know you cant always put alot of stock in score comparisons, but here are some facts. Caldwell county won 2a title. Marshall county beat caldwell 35 to 7. Mayfield beat marshall 17 to 7. Middlesboro beat mayfield 27 to 6. Looks like middlesboro was best in 1 or 2a that year.
They were very tough. I never saw a game where Mayfield got beat like that. The score doesn't tell how bad it was. They were in our backfield before we could snap the ball. Our adjustments didn't even work.
98 team was the best to ever play in school history. Had it all, speed, size, very athletic and the best kicker in the state!
Got out coached one time that year.
mysonis55 Wrote:They were very tough. I never saw a game where Mayfield got beat like that. The score doesn't tell how bad it was. They were in our backfield before we could snap the ball. Our adjustments didn't even work.

Middlesboro had a really good team that year.
I guess so.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well at least they have yellow in their colors unlike the orange yellow jackets from Wburg.

I've never understood this. If your mascot has a color for its added adjective, you either make it part of your color scheme or get rid of it.

That'd be like Harlan County being royal blue, yet called the Black Bears.
I know. That is very weird. Besides that, who wants to wear orange. That is unless it's burnt orange like Texas uses.
That 98 team lost to the Bobcats though!!! Would have been a wider defeat but a Bell player fumbled in the open field going in for a TD. I think it was Jason Bingham.
They may have lost, but if they played the game 3 times, would they have lost 2?
Was bell co that good in 98, or would yall consider it more of a fluke. What class were they in and how far did they make it in the playoffs, and who beat them. I have a strange scenario for you. In 85 mayfield won class 2a with a record of 12-2, one loss was to tilghman who won 3a, but the other loss was to a 3-7 caldwell co that didnt even make playoffs. Something even stranger was 1 of caldwells other 3 wins was over crittenden co who was the 1a champ that year. So 3 wins all year and 2 of those over a state champ.
Bell was good
mysonis55 Wrote:They may have lost, but if they played the game 3 times, would they have lost 2?

I would say all 3. Bell was very good and they knew the man press defense Roark ran very well. Had huge gaping holes for years. Bell also had a huge and very good OL. Tommy Crockett was at TE 6' 4" 260 (he went on to win a national championship as the starting TE at WKU), Boomer Turner was 1 OT 6' 8" 320 (had a great career at Campellsville U.) and Boatright was the other OT 6' 6". All were huge but could move also.

Not sure what to except from 2014 team lots of rumblings that I hope are not true going on int the crater. We will see who takes the field for them in August. Still some hard feelings within the team about Coaching changes.:popcorn:

I personally hope they hold it together b/c beating a bad team is not that fun especially if it is your rival. The rivalry is a lot better when they can compete.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I've never understood this. If your mascot has a color for its added adjective, you either make it part of your color scheme or get rid of it.

That'd be like Harlan County being royal blue, yet called the Black Bears.

Confusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:They may have lost, but if they played the game 3 times, would they have lost 2?

They may have been the best in Class A , but my no means the best in the county. We would have won all three. We were just to big and physical for them.

2014 has many questions for the Jackets.